Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• alaliberte
    alaliberte Posts: 205
    Options
    Look how many replies you got...we ALL do this! It's part of life...I think. :)
  • DreamofGenie2012
    DreamofGenie2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine was alcohol!!!! And ramen noodle soup.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Avocados and Peanut Butter. :sad:
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Rudy's chicken - 529 calories for half a chicken.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwiches. Like everyone else, I knew they were bad for me, but really? 600 cals with Ketchup! And I would sometimes have 2!!
  • mizzleslie7
    Options
    I couldn't believe how many calories are in PHO soup its my ultimate favorite and it was so high :sad:
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OMG they are my favvvvvv. Won't even look at them didn't even wan to know the calories I could eat 10 at a sitting lol. i just keep walking right by !!!!
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!!! compared to vegetables fruit is super high in calories!

And sugar!! It amazes me how we're supposed to eat so much fruit in a day when eating one piece is practically my sugar goal for the whole day!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Just for the record. Nutella is the devil. LOL. it is horrible discused as healthy
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches whit alot of PB and Jelly. I was probably close to 400 cal each sandwich embarresed to say how many I would eat in a day. Oh yea including the bread it was more like 600 cal each sandwich.
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had some high quality deli turkey breast yesterday - calories ok, but I was shocked at the sodium!!!

This ^^^ chicken and turkey lunchmeat were my main diet ... had no clue until I logged it! :noway:
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mine was a rice side dish, on eof the cheap packets you can get at the store. 1 serving for 270 calories! And pasta was another! It's so easy to eat way more than 1 portion of those things without even thinking about it.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just for the record. Nutella is the devil. LOL. it is horrible discused as healthy

I ate Nutella growing up in Greece. But, it was always looked at as a treat - it wasn't marketed like it is here in the US (at least not back in the 80's)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Honestly, beans and tofu.

The rest makes sense to me.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer - I buy the fat free french vanilla thinking I was only getting about 25 calories a cup. I actually measured how many tablespoons I put in my coffee (I like it sweet) and it was almost 4 which was 100 calories a cup - I drink anywhere from 3 to 4 cups somedays - most of the time two. I'm glad I measured it - would have never thought. Now I use stevia with just an actual 1 tablespoon and I don't drink as much anymore.
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Rice surprised me. But, most of all it was my innocent side salad which often topped my dinner choice in calories after I added the cheese, croutons, dressing, etc. I'm much more careful in my choice of toppings now.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sodium, er I mean soup!!! I love soup, but not with all of that sodium!
  • Neconilis
    Neconilis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tartar sauce and Jager.

:sad: Wow...I just looked up HOW bad Jäger is. 103 calories in ONE shot?

One shot?! Ow my aching heart...

:sick:

A shot of Jagermeister is 155, an ounce of Jager is 103. So, about 160% of the calories of a shot of traditional 80 proof alcohol.
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had some high quality deli turkey breast yesterday - calories ok, but I was shocked at the sodium!!!

AMEN ON THE SODIUM SHOCKER!!
    -- Deli Meat
    -- Chic-Fil-A restaurant (they marinate chicken in dill pickle juice)
    -- Outback -- coats meat with butter while cooking!!
  • Lindabummy
    Lindabummy Posts: 34
    Options
    UNBELIEVABLE! I had no idea that it was this much and thank God I did it early in the day where I totally limited the remainder. I don't know that I will be able to handle even a small cause I am sure that is a lot also.

DAIRY QUEEN LARGE CHOCOLATE MALT Calories Carbs Fat Sugar

1,030 171 43 165
    YIKES!!