Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    As lame as it sounds, restaurant salads. Pre-MFP I thought I made good choices in picking salads at restaurants, even without things like cheese or croutons on it. Some of the so called 'light' salads wow, LOADS of SUGAR and SALT (really, why does a salad need so much salt?)

Also yogurts. I only eat plain greek now. Crazy how the fruit on the bottom types or flavored ones have so many calories and what not.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I exercise harder for avocados.... love them...

Me too. Avocados often replace meat in a meal for me. So good for you!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Margarita (around 500 calories)

My homemade green smoothies can top 500 and there's no added sugar. Banana, berries, spinach, soy milk, protein powder, omega 3 supplement, sometimes oats. I have to split them in two or pare way back on ingredients.

I lost 50 lbs. on a WW plan once that was unlimited produce. I'd often eat an avocado a day for weeks and still lose a bunch.

Try 1 ounce of tequila, lime crystal light and about 2 ounces of fresca poured over crushed ice! I know about the sweetener in crystal light.. but dang! a margarita for 74 calories once in a while! I'm all for it!
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Margarita (around 500 calories)

My homemade green smoothies can top 500 and there's no added sugar. Banana, berries, spinach, soy milk, protein powder, omega 3 supplement, sometimes oats. I have to split them in two or pare way back on ingredients.

I lost 50 lbs. on a WW plan once that was unlimited produce. I'd often eat an avocado a day for weeks and still lose a bunch.

Try 1 ounce of tequila, lime crystal light and about 2 ounces of fresca poured over crushed ice! I know about the sweetener in crystal light.. but dang! a margarita for 74 calories once in a while! I'm all for it!

Just ONE ounce?
  • MontanaNinja
    MontanaNinja Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The amount of sugar in yogurt. I love yogurt and thought I was eating something good for me. Light yogurt has half the calories.
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Starbucks fancy coffee!
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    And Sunflower seeds
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Subways! They always talk about it being so healthyyy so I never really thought about what I ordered. When I started logging my sandwiches, I could NOT believe how high the calories were. Half a sandwich isn't horrible, but for some reason, I don't find their sandwiches fill me. I always needed to get a foot long, and most of them close in anywhere from 700 to even almost 1000 calories. I could notttt believe it. I just don't get subways anymore. I don't know what it is about their food, because I usually can't finish sandwiches. But something about theirs just makes me hungrier.
  • shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Juice
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    A burrito I got a couple times a week at a place on campus.

Over 900 cals. -____-
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lightly battered perch that we fry at home in vegetable oil. It was pretty depressing that my normal serving was about 400 calories. I no longer eat fried fish.
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Rice! I knew it was bad, but I never thought it was that bad! I would sit down and eat two huge plates of rice before I started. Never realized how high in calories they were. I used to consume at least 800 calories in rice alone at one sitting, and would feel like I was ready to explode.
  • sandrakarinab
    sandrakarinab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    An ear of corn. 155cals!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Raisins. I actually looked one time while adding them to my salad. They had more calories than the lettuce, tomato, cheese, and dressing combined.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Technically didn't log it, but pancakes. Oh and certain types of sushi, which it's hard to log to begin with since every place has their own spin on classic/traditional and ones you can't really get the nutrition value without dissecting the damn thing to make it a recipe logging.

But seriously pancakes broke my heart. Over 1000 calories.
  • tammilynn67
    Options
    Bananas. Who knew? :smile:
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    mine was anything at Subway...and pasta in particular lasagna noodles lol I made some yesterday and was shocked that there are like 200 caloroes in 2 noodles
  • chlorure
    chlorure Posts: 5
    Options
    Pasta! Damn, 350cal for 100g? I used to eat way more than 100g per meal. Now I have to keep them for when I do a lot of exercise because it's impossible to fit them in 1200 or 1300cal ;_;
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Technically didn't log it, but pancakes. Oh and certain types of sushi, which it's hard to log to begin with since every place has their own spin on classic/traditional and ones you can't really get the nutrition value without dissecting the damn thing to make it a recipe logging.

But seriously pancakes broke my heart. Over 1000 calories.

Mm, protein Sweet Potato Pancakes FTW.

1 x Small/Medium Sweet Potato, cooked and fillin taken out (discard skin)
    1/2 cup Egg Whites
    1 x Scoop of your Protein Powder of choice
    1 x teaspoon Baking Powder
    Dash of salt of you prefer
    1 tsp of your spice, be it cinnamon, allspice, pumpkin spice
    1 tsp/tb of Sugar or Splenda or Stevia, w/e
    1 x tsp Vanilla Extract

Mmm averages 25g of protein, 320-350 cals, less if you want to eat less or have a smaller sweet potato, and use a sugar free syrup or dollop of Greek yogurt,...
  • ShannanRocks
    ShannanRocks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chips at Chipolte. The little not full bag is over 500 calories!!!