What's one thing you hate about working out?

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    i hate people that don't clean their sweat off the cardio machines when they're done. Also, when I'm at the gym, I'm there to work & sweat, so people that try to be chatty bother me. If I don't answer you when you try to talk to me, I'm not being rude, I'm working as hard as I can & don't have any oxygen to waste.
  • Jessastar
    Jessastar Posts: 234
    I like to go biking, and i do it often, but as soon as the weather improves, i start to wish for some ability to just shoot people with m eyes, cause i can't ride like i'm used to, because they're everywhere! Pedestrians, other bikers, joggers, you name it...

Right now the weather is wonderful, and i would actually like to go out a bit, but it's saturday, and i KNOW that the park is filled with people, and the thought alone makes me tired. I don't know, maybe i'll go later.

But yeah, the answer in one word would be people. :D

That HAS to be annoying, I usually take my dogs out for a walk in the morning and I live by a golf course and they're ALWAYS out and hogging the street
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Working out is just so f*cking boring.

This! I feel this way running or biking. When will the monotony end??
  • Jessastar
    Jessastar Posts: 234
    I hate the time it takes. I lose productivity time at work or something I suppose and it gets me mad...

I don't believe a one hour workout is 4% of your day like people say, it's actually more like 6.25% as I don't count that necessary 8 hours sleep I must get haha!

I hear you, to me it takes like 15% of the day for an hour because there's always so much to do! :P
  • JBApplebee
    I hate using the gym showers, mostly because guys are pigs. I find covers for disposable razors, band-aids, empty shampoo bottles, and other various junk in the shower stalls all the time. The guy who cares for the locker room does a good job, but can't keep up with it. Ridiculous.

Seriously, you peel off a band-aid and you can't take it with you and toss it?

The gym I go to isn't that bad, but the people that can't clean up around the sink when they splash water everywhere & the ones that can't close the locker doors when done irritate me. If common decency, respect & sense were really that common, more people would have it.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    having to move the car in the middle of a work out... sometimes the guy who works there does it for me but the car park is just so small!!!!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    I hate it when my mind can't clear out and I just keep thinking about all the crap I need to do when I'm done working out!
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    The headaches I get afterward
  • Sweating.

I would work out 3 times a day if I didn't have to clean up or shower afterwards. Cardio in the AM, a nice walk on my lunch hour, and lifting weights after work.

If I didn't sweat.

I'm in the same boat as this. I absolutely hate the feel of sweat on my clothes. The time between working out and getting to a shower is the worst part of my day. If I didn't sweat, I'd be burning a lot more than I am now! :P
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    I seriously HATE it when I pick up a weight and it is too heavy to for me to finish the set and I have to move down in weight ! AHHHHRRRGGGGGGG
  • JBApplebee
    Sweating.

I would work out 3 times a day if I didn't have to clean up or shower afterwards. Cardio in the AM, a nice walk on my lunch hour, and lifting weights after work.

If I didn't sweat.

I'm in the same boat as this. I absolutely hate the feel of sweat on my clothes. The time between working out and getting to a shower is the worst part of my day. If I didn't sweat, I'd be burning a lot more than I am now! :P

I'm the opposite. I rate my workouts by the amount of sweat on my clothes. If I don't get very sweaty, I feel like i could have worked harder.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with sweat, I sweat hardcore when I work out and as a mom of four that means I will look like poo for the rest of the day because I dont have time to fix myself up multiple times in the same day. I also have super fine hair so once I sweat I cant get away with just letting it dry. I pretty much live in workout attire these days :)

Oh and what I love about it is that it is addicting to work out so hard that sweat drips to the floor, there is something so satisfying about it...
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    I hate sweat running down into my eyes. I know this may sound silly, but I like to wear a bit of makeup while walking, biking so I feel somewhat feminine and sweat messes up my eyes makeup. I know that sounds shallow too.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Being all super red in the face and covered in sweat when I'm done with it.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    The first few minutes...I am the worst about getting started, once I get going, it's all gravy!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I hate running 14 or 15 miles and then having to drive home. Ugh!
  • raif10
    raif10 Posts: 1
    interrupted when i'm 100% focused....
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Sweating.

If I didn't sweat.
    THIS!
    Just to be clear - don't mind sweating. Just annoyed with the 'cleanup'.
  • nurserae7
    nurserae7 Posts: 43 Member
    I don't want someone talking my ear off while I'm on the treadmill....I mean, it's all I can do to BREATHE much less chit-chat.... lol Give me a break!!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    I hate everything about it... Maybe it's just a matter of not having found THE workout for me, but it's something I do because I have to in order to be healthy and look good, definitely not something I enjoy or would do anyway if I didn't have to.