Does anyone else NOT want kids?

Options

Replies

• CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I didn't want any. My husband & I discussed it before we got married. He wanted at least 2. So I told him I would compromise & have 1. We now have 5. lol I have friends that don't have any or only have 1. My husband has a friend who was married for about 15 years & they always said they didn't want kids. They just had one a few years ago. You may change your mind & you may not. I don't think there is anything wrong with not having any. Everyone is different.
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i definitely don't want them. never have. never will. & nothing infuriates me more than the people -- who are generally being pulled on by a snot-nosed kid -- who say, "oh, you will. just wait. you'll see." no. i won't see. jerks.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I wish more people would decide not to. Some people should not spawn. Not saying you shouldn't, but I wish some people wouldn't have them just because they can.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think people that don't want kids are selfish.

LOL. Ducking.

Nah, j/k. But, I always wonder...who will take care of you when you can't take care of yourself. that's why you have kids. Isn't it? That's my reason.

There's no guarantee that your kids will be willing or able to take care of you.

Except for the brainwashing I do with them all the time about it.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Nope not interested! Rather than the crazy lady with cats I shall be the crazy lady with horses! lol
    I have raised my sibling so I already feel like I ave had kids to be honest
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I believe it to be my holy duty to help God populate the Earth. I am looking for a good Christian woman to join me in this journey to lose weight and have children.

First and foremost..rather than populating the earth..you need to take of the little ones that are already here...thats what we did..coudnt "populate" the earth..so we took in what was already here..and you cant tell my daughters werent here from the get-go..no one believes that they are adopted..cause they look so much like me..I only have one answer.."God is Great!"
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 37 and have no desire for kids. I always said let me turn 40 and I'd rethink it. I personally can't stand most children in public places including my nephews. I'm happy with animals and my man. To each his/her own. It's not like there is a lack of reproduction in this world. (except white middle class America, but that is another discussion).
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    kids? No thank you!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    So Much ignorance out there, it amazes me. if you look at the stastistics there is enough room in TEXAS for everyone on the planet to have one square foot. That is just texas! Come on people. I think there are way to many selfish people in this world, why do you think Germany is at negative population growth.If everyone thinks like this what do you think will happen in 50 years? Good thing your parents didn' t think like you or you would never have been given a chance to experience your wonderful life.

(1) How is not having children you don't want more selfish than having children you don't want? I never understand this. To me one of the worst things a person can do is have, and keep, a child they don't really want and aren't prepared to care for. I have studied child maltreatment, and it is a terrible thing. I have close friends who grew up knowing they were never wanted--I can't begin to imagine what that felt like. How can not having children be more selfish than that?
    (2) What in the world does the size of Texas have to do with the dangers of over-population? The absolute reality, not just according to people like me, but according groups like the World Health Organization, is that the world cannot be full of people who live (eat, consume, etc.) like Americans, it's just not environmentally sustainable.
    (3) If I hadn't been born, I wouldn't know the difference, now would I?
    (4) Everyone doesn't think like me, that is how the world works. Some people have kids, some don't, it's okay, really...Especially since the U.S. is still well over replacement levels of births.
    (5) There are plenty of children out there who don't have good homes. If you think children are so important, why not work on making sure all the ones that are here, on this planet, right now are well cared for in loving homes before you go shaking the stick at those of us who chose not to add to the surplus of children.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like kids. I think they're fun. I respect parents like nobody's business 'cos it's HARD WORK.

I have never wanted kids. Ever. I knew when I was five I didn't want kids. I didn't babysit much, I never found babies adorable, and the idea of pushing a pot roast through my nostril holds about as much appeal as incubating a human. I've been upfront with every one I ever dated - and my ex-husband became my ex-husband when he told me that he thought I'd change my mind (ladies, seriously: you make a mess for the rest of us when you do that!) - and that it was non-negotiable (so I let him go so he could find that wife).

I love being an aunt, I love my friends' kids, and I am so honoured to be an important part in the lives of these kids.

I also love giving the kids back.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I think people that don't want kids are selfish.

LOL. Ducking.

Nah, j/k. But, I always wonder...who will take care of you when you can't take care of yourself. that's why you have kids. Isn't it? That's my reason.

Lol. And so having them so they will take care of you... how is this not being selfish?
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No interest at all. I will take my pets over children any day!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and never had any children, but I have been both a step-mom and a foster mom. I wanted children in my life, I just didn't want them there forever!
  • GodHatesFat
    Options
    I believe it to be my holy duty to help God populate the Earth. I am looking for a good Christian woman to join me in this journey to lose weight and have children.

First and foremost..rather than populating the earth..you need to take of the little ones that are already here...thats what we did..coudnt "populate" the earth..so we took in what was already here..and you cant tell my daughters werent here from the get-go..no one believes that they are adopted..cause they look so much like me..I only have one answer.."God is Great!"
    But then, they won't be my children.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My sister was married young and became a young widow at 28--they did not have kids. She is now engaged to a man she met when she was 30--they've been together for 21 years now. They did not want kids. There is nothing wrong with not wanting kids. We have one son. Thought about a second one and just never got around to it.

Everyone chooses their own path and if that path doesn't include having children, then don't. Too many folks who shouldn't ever have kids, do. I commend you for knowing what you want and not being pressured into something YOU will have to live with that you don't want.

As for telling your folks and in-laws: I am a MIL. Our DIL is expecting now. I am thrilled, but if they had decided not to have kids, I would have understood. It is THEIR decision, not the family's. You just need to tell them that at this time you have no plans for having children. (this statement won't upset hubby if he has already told them he wants kids.) It leaves it open for future discussion but puts it on hold until YOU say so. Good luck. This can be really emotional for the older folks! lol.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I didn't want kids at first. Then everyone around me was having kids and suddenly at 25, I wanted one. My second kid kind of just came. I was content with one. Now that I am 30, I am DONE. The only way I will take on more kids is if they come with the package. It's work being a parent, so if you don't want kids, don't have kids, regardless to the people who elude that you should.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just tell her. No big deal that you don't want kids. Regardless it is YOUR choice.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and I don't want them. I've been with my husband 15 years, married for eight, and neither of us are interested. I never have been. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll want them but if I haven't as of yet, I doubt I will later. :)

I'm so happy and content being an aunt!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i don't have any advice on how to tell her to mind her own beeswax, but i don't know if i want kids either. i keep saying when i am in my 30s but i don't know if i want to dedicate my whole life to raising children, my fiance feels the exact same. i'd love to babysit kids....or take in exchange students. but have them for my whole life, i don't know. and the world is a pretty ****ty place, i don't know if i could deal with the heartache of them being bullied, sexually assualted, kidnapped, etc.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    I was told in my 20s I couldn't have children due to endometriosis and
    I just kinda accepted that, I never really
    got to consider whether I wanted to have kids or not

course when my friends and sister started having kids
    I felt like I missed out on something wish I could have

then i remarried and my husband has kids from previous marriage
    10 and 13 years old they are my step kids but not "mine" ya know
    so that plus Im going thru mid life crisis at 40 lol I kinda wish I could
    but its not an option we dont live the type of lifestyle where I could
    even consider to adopt he's always gone and I dont have the energy
    for raising a little one by myself

soooo when I get the maternal feelings I borrow my nephew or friend's
    kids sugar them up and then send them home :)