Slow runners

Options

Replies

• shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have a picture on my profile where I look like I'm gunna die from the exertion...I remind myself that even though I was dying, I was doing so on the course and not sitting on my couch about to have a heart attack from clogged arteries.

If I can find it (and figure out how to post it) I'll show you a picture of my brother and I in a race. He thought he was a tough guy and could run a 10K in cargo shorts...WRONG! He spent the entire race holding them up and the photographer caught it on camera. I love it. I bought a coffee mug with it on it to give me a chuckle. :happy:

EDIT: Ok, I think I figured it out!

TrevorandI.jpg

That me and my brother doing the Hollywood 10K this past April. It was my first 10K and I'm smiling because I can FINALLY see the finish line...I have no idea what he is looking at but I know he was tired of those shorts by the end, haha.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I have a picture on my profile where I look like I'm gunna die from the exertion...I remind myself that even though I was dying, I was doing so on the course and not sitting on my couch about to have a heart attack from clogged arteries.

If I can find it (and figure out how to post it) I'll show you a picture of my brother and I in a race. He thought he was a tough guy and could run a 10K in cargo shorts...WRONG! He spent the entire race holding them up and the photographer caught it on camera. I love it. I bought a coffee mug with it on it to give me a chuckle. :happy:

OMG...please post.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! That's funny. You look great though!
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Look at all those people behind you!!! I have a picture/quote that says "whether its a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile......a mile is still a mile."
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    What-I-look-like-when-I-run.png

This may as well be me.

I usually am more concerned with distance than speed. I am doing two 5ks though and probably should pick up the pace a little LOL
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! That's funny. You look great though!

Thanks! I was so tired afterward...and I had a bloody toe BUT I love my medal :bigsmile: Can't wait to tackle another 10K.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I run a reasonable pace (usually between 8-9 minute miles) and in photos what's going on below the neck is OK...BUT I never knew (until my OH captured it a few times when I was racing) that my hair just goes BOING BOING BOING when I run, so all pictures of me running capture a BOING moment (I have a bob, you can imagine it...BOING!) :blushing:
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I only run on the treadmill, and it's BAD!

I RUN at 5.5kph, max 6.0kph. I'm talking 16 minute miles :(

So embarrassing, and feels like I'm lumbering along.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    5'-9" 270# and I run a 12 minute mile...slower for 5K ( only done it on a treadmill so far ). Who cares what you look like...you're lapping everyone on the couch!!!
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I saw a snail pass me the other day!
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wait, does being 5ft 2 affect how fast I can go on the treadmill??

I've actually just read on another forum, the reason I can't get above what feels like a fast walk is because I'm too close to the front of the treadmill. Might clip on the safety thing and try starting my stride further back next time.
  • bigdipperdave
    bigdipperdave Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I see a runner, no matter how bad form or slow (or fat) they may look, I'm always impressed as I know it took some real effort to get out there and do it. Back in the day I used to do a 7:30 mile while jogging, now at 52 and 40 pounds to lose I'm at about a 13 minute mile. But this morning I went out and did 3 miles for the first time in over 2 years. It felt great and I felt like I looked really good with good form and speed. I'm sure if anyone saw me I looked like what I am, a 52 year old man with 40 pounds to lose running at 13 minute miles. But you can't care.

And I think a woman running, no matter how slow or sweaty she is, is just about the sexiest thing you can see. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I didn't earn this name by being speedy!

Average 5mph right now, building it up to 6mph, which is plenty!
  • stmrunner
    stmrunner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you look good while doing it, you're not doing it right. Good luck in your running endeavors.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    hahaha, all my pictures are the same! i have a friend that takes gorgeous running shots and i am always like 'how is that possible?' lol.

here are some from a recent half - http://www2.brightroom.com/email/101400/3346/135707024
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Me! I have one of my pictures here,my daughter took it of me and I though it looked like I was walking. It was a 5k race and my fastest time ever.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of pictures like that too... looks more like I'm walking fast than actually running.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I can't even run slow! Just a walker. But we are moving!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Me too! But I'm still faster than I was sitting my fat butt on the couch! :)
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    That is great! I do 45 minutes running on my treadmill and alternate between a 4.3 and 4.5 so be proud!!