Pet PEEVES?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
We all have them, so what are some of your biggest pet peeves? A lot of mine center around rude people and rude behaviour- like not letting someone out in traffic, but one of my pet peeves I see here on the board all the time...loose vs. lose. I don't know, but it drives me crazy when someone says, "I have to loose this weight." Argh. lol

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve now is when people don't understand why they're not losing weight but they still eat like crap and/or rarely exercise. My sisters do that and it's so annoying! They also rave about G2 and one of the first ingredients is high fructose corn syrup...:explode: It's so hard not to go off on them! lol.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Lack of "commom sense" (and I use the term "common" loosely). :wink:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    I have too many to list! :laugh:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    People who drive with their high beams on when they have a headlight burn out:explode:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When people that suck at their job... effect mine.
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Negativity is my biggest
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Negativity is my biggest

That's kind of ironic.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    People who don't use blinkers. Drives me CRAZY.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    When people chew their food really loudly or use "text talk."

I don't care how old you are or what genre of internet sites you're using but use some sort of proper grammar no matter what you're writing.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    "Muscle weighs heavier than fat" or "a pound of muscle is heavier than a pound of fat"

Arggggg, no it doesn't. Then, when you point this out you get "I know it doesn't "weigh" heavier, it just takes up less space".

THEN SAY THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    People who don't use blinkers. Drives me CRAZY.

Ditto

:angry:
  • jessicob
    Options
    liars
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    We all have them, so what are some of your biggest pet peeves? A lot of mine center around rude people and rude behaviour- like not letting someone out in traffic, but one of my pet peeves I see here on the board all the time...loose vs. lose. I don't know, but it drives me crazy when someone says, "I have to loose this weight." Argh. lol

I agree!!!!!!!!!!! Drives me crazy. I may want my pants to get loose but I need to lose weight before that can happen.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Inconsiderate people...people with NO manners
    If I hold the door for someone, would it be too much to get a thank-you

One time when my kids were both very young, I was holding one baby in my arms and the other by the hand and used my foot to catch the door for the person behind me and he just breezed through w/ out a word
    :explode:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Inconsiderate people...people with NO manners
    If I hold the door for someone, would it be too much to get a thank-you

One time when my kids were both very young, I was holding one baby in my arms and the other by the hand and used my foot to catch the door for the person behind me and he just breezed through w/ out a word
    :explode:

I hate that. I used my energy to hold the door open for you. The least you could do is say thank you or at least acknowledge my presence.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    When people that suck at their job... effect mine.

Me too! I have a horrible co-worker that does nothing all day other than criticize what I'm doing and I have to pick up the slack on calls, etc. But then she tells my bosses that I'M the one not taking calls or doing anything all day :mad:
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOO Many but my 2 biggest would be variations of rudeness (like the holding-the-door open example) and SLOW drivers. I have a lead foot. Dangerous, I know, but "get outta my way!"
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOO Many but my 2 biggest would be variations of rudeness (like the holding-the-door open example) and SLOW drivers. I have a lead foot. Dangerous, I know, but "get outta my way!"

I absolutely HATE people that drive slow in the left lane.... MOVE THE #### OVER! AND people that sit in the left lane next to someone that is going the same speed they are thus blocking both lanes!!!!!!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    People who know less of their job then you do, yet you never even worked in that field before, like customer service & then they have an attitude as if they have the right to not know anything and be smugged about not knowing anything and I add it is just the most basic of their job duties.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have many but one of my biggest is to see people that are rude to the elderly!! That drives me up a wall.

And when people say "cre****" instead of "credit" or "ax" instead of "ask".

People who don't know what a turn lane is for!!

Okay, must stop now or the list will go on and on and on and on and on......oh you get the picture!!LOL

Memaw