What do you waste your money on?

Options

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Bird toys, tanning, purses, jewelry (mostly costume).
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hockey, & gun-related stuff. Hookers & strippers are not a waste! They are budgeted into the monthly expenses!
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to shoes, I can't pass up a good sale :laugh:
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    - i-phone cases
    - manscaping ;-)
    - home electronic / entertainment products
    - Alcohol (at times)....
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Shorttrips, weekend trips around Europe
    Shoes
    Underwear
  • ThatGirlEmi
    Options
    Chewing gum... i'm addicted to the stuff :tongue:
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    Weed.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    - Anything at Best Buy. (Platinum Silver RewardZone member - it's an elite group.)

I'm weaning myself from Best Buy. I've been Premier Silver for years, and I think I'll let it slide this year and get most of my gadgets from Amazon. The service at Best Buy has gotten really crappy, even if you're Premier Silver. There aren't any actual benefits for Premier Silver anymore. The added points don't make up for the higher prices--even without the rewards points the same stuff would be cheaper at Amazon, and my Amazon Rewards card gives me better and easier to use rewards. My local BB even told me they pay more attention to the "guy who buys one CD" than to Premier Silver members, because there is more room for growth with them.

Just my experience. YMMV.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm overly generous and try to be good to my friends. But, when they take advantage of my money and my kindness I feel that is a total waste. I'm out "X" anmount of dollars and they haven't spent a dime.

I gotta fix that.

Yes, this. When I go out I end up wanting to pay, because I know I make more than the people I generally go out with. When they start expecting it, it gets frustrating though.

You hit the nail on the head...they start expecting it. Especially when they cry poverty but act the total opposite! That's when I get pissed. Especially when I see them buying themselves manicures, sushi, new clothes, paying for their own drinks when they are out with other people even...but when I'm around I'm expected to do, pay, be everything and if not there's hell to pay. Such a waste of not only my money but my time and good nature!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm overly generous and try to be good to my friends. But, when they take advantage of my money and my kindness I feel that is a total waste. I'm out "X" anmount of dollars and they haven't spent a dime.

I gotta fix that.

Yes, this. When I go out I end up wanting to pay, because I know I make more than the people I generally go out with. When they start expecting it, it gets frustrating though.

You hit the nail on the head...they start expecting it. Especially when they cry poverty but act the total opposite! That's when I get pissed. Especially when I see them buying themselves manicures, sushi, new clothes, paying for their own drinks when they are out with other people even...but when I'm around I'm expected to do, pay, be everything and if not there's hell to pay. Such a waste of not only my money but my time and good nature!

exactly! I have a friends who appreciate it, and try to stop me from paying, and try to take the ticket from me, or pay for me other times to make up for it. Them, I don't mind doing it for.

It's the ones who when we're at a table, and the waitress asks "separate or together?" and they say together without a second thought. Then hand me the ticket when it comes. Annoying.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Clothes that are too big the very next month! (Kind of a good thing though ).
    Tanning
    Pedis
    Cd's yes I still buy them!
    Shoes
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    weightlifting stuff.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    The light bill.....
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Options

I gotta fix that.

exactly! I have a friends who appreciate it, and try to stop me from paying, and try to take the ticket from me, or pay for me other times to make up for it. Them, I don't mind doing it for.

It's the ones who when we're at a table, and the waitress asks "separate or together?" and they say together without a second thought. Then hand me the ticket when it comes. Annoying.

AMEN! You and I are on the same page with this one! This was a perfect topic for me today, thanks! I got a lot of pent up frustration out.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    make up, manicures/pedi, purses and shoes...but I'll never stop.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Dating :flowerforyou:
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Options
    Dating :flowerforyou:

Awwwww....
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat and books
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Technology and outdoor adventure gear!
  • akamisscrawford
    Options
    - I waste my money on the latest "make me look younger" products and devices.
    and boy there are a lot of scams out there, believe me!!!