Options

Replies

• feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bikini196008.jpg
    bikini196006.jpg
    bikini196001.jpg

Me at 196. Just under 45 lbs down. I love bikinis but I am afraid to wear in public as to what others will think.

Sorry if I uploaded them wrong, its my first time

I don't think anyone would "think" anything awful about you in a bikini! You look great, and even if someone doesn't think you're perfect that illustrated their own insecurity and internal flaws, regardless of how smokin' they think they look on the outside. You should be proud of the body that carries you through life, especially once you've worked hard at improving it :D
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I never felt comfortable in a bikini until i was pregnant and i couldn't handle material touching my belly. I never went back. No matter how big I got, I wore bikinis on the beach. Now, I've lost almsot 50 lbs on MFP....and I still wear bikinis :) This is me still not at goal weight, but definitely feeling happy about my progress on MFP rockin' a bikini I made myself:

710859_6340.jpg
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Trust me i will save u all the blindness and not post my 343 lb body in a bikini lol
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    because of this thread, yesterday I contemplated buying a bikini for myself (if even a tankini) - this is a FIRST ever for me!
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @feltlikesound - Thank you! My stomach is a thing I'm okay with most days : ) Hahah but my thighs - I'd gladly trade!

@BoxingCoachMo - : ) Thank you!!

And to everyone else, who has posted and is continuing to post - you all look amazing, and it's absolutely wonderful that we all have this community where we can feel comfortable doing this!

On a side note, my suit is from J. Crew!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bikini196008.jpg
    bikini196006.jpg
    bikini196001.jpg

Me at 196. Just under 45 lbs down. I love bikinis but I am afraid to wear in public as to what others will think.

Sorry if I uploaded them wrong, its my first time

I don't think anyone would "think" anything awful about you in a bikini! You look great, and even if someone doesn't think you're perfect that illustrated their own insecurity and internal flaws, regardless of how smokin' they think they look on the outside. You should be proud of the body that carries you through life, especially once you've worked hard at improving it :D

Aww thanks! :)
  • MandiB79
    MandiB79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump! I will post and reply when I get home! :) Kudos to all of you amazing women!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options

^^I agree with this. Like I said, I wore bikinis no matter how "big" i got. And you know what??? Everyone checked me out...and not in an "eeewww that's gross" way. I think confidence is super super sexy and alluring and appealing. I caught men staring at my bum and ladies looking me up and down with green eyes.... and i weighed more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant!!!
  • netsirk12
    Options
    I never felt comfortable in a bikini until i was pregnant and i couldn't handle material touching my belly. I never went back. No matter how big I got, I wore bikinis on the beach. Now, I've lost almsot 50 lbs on MFP....and I still wear bikinis :) This is me still not at goal weight, but definitely feeling happy about my progress on MFP rockin' a bikini I made myself:

710859_6340.jpg

georgous!!!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words!

I have so much respect for all of you! So confident and brave. :D Self esteem is rough terrain to manage but you all are on the right path. Cheers!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I really need to get this out but do some of you really think you are fat?? I know everyone's idea of fat is different but i clearly see many people here that are barely overweight posting pics???
  • netsirk12
    Options
    I am in love with this thread, I just want to keep trying on bikinis! I own so many bathing suits, my husband would kill me if I bought more. Well with the exception of clothes being too big, more motovation for next summer. New bikinis. :)
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    bump for laterzz
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Such inspiration for those of us just starting our journey. Thanks
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I really need to get this out but do some of you really think you are fat?? I know everyone's idea of fat is different but i clearly see many people here that are barely overweight posting pics???

As I wrote in my post.... I see no change in myself in the mirror. I still see fat. You can analyze numbers all you want, but it still is about self-image. Which is why I did it.

Also why I did boudoir photos a couple of months ago. I needed some kind of boost.

Plus so many of us here are SO critical of ourselves. I can tear the pictures from today of myself up and find a bazillion different faults. So to put it simply, while I may not look "fat", I FEEL "fat". And I know, that's evoking the eye roll. Just like my friend who has to shop in the girls section because size 0 jeans don't fit her complaining about feeling fat. It can be infuriating. The key is that we ALL feel fat sometimes. And maybe the term "fat" is encompassing so much more than just adipose tissue - but how we feel is how we feel.
  • netsirk12
    Options

As I wrote in my post.... I see no change in myself in the mirror. I still see fat. You can analyze numbers all you want, but it still is about self-image. Which is why I did it.

Also why I did boudoir photos a couple of months ago. I needed some kind of boost.

Plus so many of us here are SO critical of ourselves. I can tear the pictures from today of myself up and find a bazillion different faults. So to put it simply, while I may not look "fat", I FEEL "fat". And I know, that's evoking the eye roll. Just like my friend who has to shop in the girls section because size 0 jeans don't fit her complaining about feeling fat. It can be infuriating. The key is that we ALL feel fat sometimes. And maybe the term "fat" is encompassing so much more than just adipose tissue - but how we feel is how we feel.

I agree I consider myself at 240 as being fat and now at 196 I think I am more of an average but I still view myself as 240 lbs. I do need to hear it from others or I find myself going back into old ways. the motovation is needed. I would love to see 140 but I am 100% happy if I am still "overweight" and "fat" at 165-170 lbs because I know that I am a healtiher person now vs what I was before. I may not see it or feel it but I know it because others have told me!
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    i went to college in LA and got the idea in my head that you need a perfect body to wear a two-piece. eff that! sunshine is good for all shapes and sizes.

523071_10150639098252217_564935434_n.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your suit! And you look great in it, btw. Not perfect...pfft. You look perfectly perfect to me. :wink:

Way to go everybody! I think I'm going to see if I can find my suit when I get home. I should do a 'before' pic soon anyway...
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

this

At 252, i'm considered 'morbidly obese'
    but there are some days when I don't feel fat at all (although VERY rare...and can be alcohol induced...but its a nice feeling!)

there are also days when I feel that fat and disgusting I don't leave the house.

thanks to MFP, I'm mostly in a 'yeah i'm fat, but won't be longer' type mood, but it doesnt stop the extremes.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

I agree I consider myself at 240 as being fat and now at 196 I think I am more of an average but I still view myself as 240 lbs. I do need to hear it from others or I find myself going back into old ways. the motovation is needed. I would love to see 140 but I am 100% happy if I am still "overweight" and "fat" at 165-170 lbs because I know that I am a healtiher person now vs what I was before. I may not see it or feel it but I know it because others have told me!

And this just goes to show you - looking at your photo, I NEVER would have GUESSED you weighed 196. Seriously.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I would reckon I am one of the people you may say are "barely overweight" or what ever, in fact some people here have voiced wanting my body as their ultimate goal. That doesn't change that my doctor thinks my weight is too high, that my life insurance form lists me as at risk for my weight, or that my BMI JUST got below "obese" in the past couple of weeks. It's all relative.