size 16/18 unsexy?

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    In her own awkward, insensitive way, she was just speaking the truth as she sees it.
    That's why we're here losing weight.
    Just let it go and move on, knowing that you are doing what you need to do for your health.
    Stupid people will say stupid things.
    We're bigger than that.
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    Just remember "KARMA" .....and then either move on because she is either a mean girl or ignorant with no manners or class "or" go and talk or e-mail the owner (the manager is probably her friend) in a very unemotional manner and get it off of your chest. Either way let it go...a size is not who you are it is just a number. You look like a very beautiful and sexy young lady to me :smile:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think she was being an absolute arsehole and there's no way she should have been allowed say that!! I would have also asked for the manager, or even for her name, just to give her a fright
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't think the shop assistant's attitude was sexy.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I literally cringe when i hear some of the rude things people say sometimes. Her boyfriend probably thinks a 16/18 is sexy and she's ticked off and took it out on you.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Geez....if it isn't sexy, why are they sold out of that size?
    I agree about the email, state when you were there, describe the sales person, and state what was said. Ask if that is their idea of customer service. They'll be able to figure out who she is by the date and time that you were there.
    Chin up, don't let the minx get you down, she's just nasty.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Tell them that Marilyn Monroe was around that size. And she wasn't sexy???????????????

Not to be a poop - but I have written a paper on Marilyn...and her measurements were

British 16, by which they mean a U.S. Size 12
    Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
    Weight: 118-140 pounds (She fluctuated like we all do! lol)
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D

http://jezebel.com/5299793/for-the-last-time-what-size-was-marilyn-monroe

But mostly a lot of her clothes were special made and not any actual size at all...so there is a lot of debate on that...but I just thought I'd share...:drinker: cause I love her ;)
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Corset you say....

pics or it didn't happen :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You are not over reacting. I would have been pissed too. I would go back and talk to a manager because that is not right. I wear a size 16 in jeans and when I go to buy some there are never any on the rack, so there are lots of us out there and I do not think we are unsexy.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd have asked for the manager. I think I would have climbed over the counter and punched her unsexy face.

Sorry, I hate it when people are *kitten* for the sake of being cruel. Rawr.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Like others have said,

If they have the size above and below, then it is absolutely ludicrous that they would not order the sizes in between for that reason. Maybe they don't order many over a certain size, or maybe a lot of people don't buy 16/18's, and THAT is whyt hey dont order them.

Sometimes certain stores sell less of a certain size, so they don't carry as many. Either that or they sell out of certain sizes faster.

That person was awful to you, but is not a reflection on you. It has nothing to do with you or whether you would look hot in a corset. There's some bug up her butt or something.

So yeah, write a letter to the manager, and let them know that that is the kind of rude behavior that can get a business a lot of negative/reversed referrals!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    She was all wrong for that heartless comment...Manager and Corporate office number would have definitely been the next question and answer for her..... You are pretty keep up the good work....Don't let that continue to make you feel some kind of way....Keep pushing!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Write an email to the manager or owner. Reread it or have a friend look over it. You want to get your point across that the salesperson's comment was very rude, insensitive and unacceptable in Customer Service. Make sure your email sounds professional and not an emotional rambeling. Believe meI have had to rewrite some emails as well.

I would be very upset. Don't let someone like this get you down. It is sexy. HUGS

I'd email the company as well!!! Some not so nice words would have came out of my mouth if the lady would have told me that though!!!
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    Definitely uncalled for!! But let it overtake you! People like that dont deserve to rent space in your head!! Take it as motivation and move on Sista!!!!!!!!
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Um, no. You're totally not over reacting. Good job at keeping your mouth shut and not tearing the girl apart!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Any size is sexy! It's how we feel~ not how others see us!!
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    Obviously she thinks that potentially losing her job for being unprofessional and rude is also sexy, so I would take anything she said with a grain of salt. Now, saying that, I would speak with management also, personally and do so with as much direct and yet polite and professional dignity as possible.

The sales clerk not only was being a complete and utter &^%$# but likely just went against every store rule for customer service also.

You didn't go in there as if the store was a Madame Eight Ball psychic show, testing the waters to what true sexiness was in the first place. You didn't go in there to find out public opinion on sexiness either. You walked in there to GIVE them your money in exchange for a product. I'd make sure the management knew a) that more training is needed for their front end staff ;) and b) sexy women also buy a size 16/18 so they may want to rethink their policy for the next person who MAY return to their establishment.

Sorry you had to deal with that. You can give people a job but you can't make them think apparently.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    What? They're implying that a size 20 is sexy yet that is bigger than a 16/18 which isn't sexy? Doesn't make any sense :/
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

They they are ordering the wrong thing, obviously. I have seen panties in sizes XXXL that were sexy. Sexy is mostly a state of mind, not a size.
  • Jenny2011
    Jenny2011 Posts: 30
    Options
    I went into a underwear store and picked out a corset. It was size 20, and I'm an 18 (uk sizes) The only other size they had was a 14.
    I asked the shop assistant if they would get any 16/18 sizes in store because I was interested in buying them.
    She had this to say.
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

Erm.. Thanks?

I feel really upset about this, and I don;t know what I should do.

Am I over reacting over this?

WTF???? What a stupid b**ch >:|