all my single ladies

Options
What's up girls.

Ok so I just joined this site and I see a lot of different groups but I think we should take a hint from my girl Beyonce and make a group just for those girls who are single. I am losing weight for no one but myself and my whole goal is not about making guys stare as I walk by. However, should that be a natural consequence of my becoming ever-sexier, who am I to stop it :wink:

So join me if you want to amp-up your sex appeal and start feeling more like the goddess you were created to be. My name's Michelle and I'd love to join you in that endeavor!!!

Michelle

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    I'm with you Michelle!!! :drinker: Part of my goal in this weightloss journey is to learn to love me for who I am at every size I am!!! But if some fabulous guy wants to love me too who am I to stop him. :smooched: :bigsmile: :blushing: Unfortunately I'm am a pretty shy person so meeting people is incredibly hard for me. I'll take any advice people have to offer as far as how to get out there and meet some nice guys. I'm not a clubber and I don't drink or smoke, so where do I go to meet someone??:huh:
  • jenna_83
    Options
    *puts her hand up*

i will join :smile:
    I agree weightloss is all about doing it for yourself but even a smile from a cute guy can put a spring in your step LOL!
  • passionhi
    Options
    I am IN!!! This sounds great. Are we just sharing our goals, are we making group goals/challenges?? And will we be sharing our head turner experiences???? :wink: LOL
    I am shy too leshawn, but I think her idea for this group it to have confidence in self, and doing it all for your own satisfaction. But I know from experience..guys are attracted to women that are confident, you don't have to approach them, they usually approach. You will get approached and swept off your feet soon.
  • facey13
    facey13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keen too! :happy:
  • pooh70
    pooh70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! What a great idea. I am all for supporting all the single ladies like me.

I decided in January that I was going to be "Fabulous at Forty" (not til next September, but wanted to give me plenty of time). I am doing this for me and for my health, not for some man. If a man didn't want me when I was heavy then he doesn't get me when I'm not. :wink: :laugh: :drinker:

Welcome to the site!

Betsy
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    sounds good - I will join you
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle. I'm all for gaining a bit of sex appeal. :wink:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I'm in. =]
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Threads on this board put songs in my head all day long!!!

This one of course makes me sing "Single Ladies".
    "When was the last time...." makes me sing a song of the same title by Gnarles Barkley which goes "Wheeeeeeeeeen was the last time you danced?":bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My plan when I started was to be fabulous by forty. I have another 3.5 years to make it so! I'm doing this solely for me and my health. But looking hot in a tankini will be a plus.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    so where do I go to meet someone??:huh:

Church.
  • lowrain
    Options
    awesome ill join
  • nata_cam
    Options
    I am in too!
    Everytime I watch Beyonce's video, I am inspired by her to look fabolous and to care for my body and lifestyle, and improve my self confidence.
    I hope this weight loss challenge help me to be more confident and less shy.
    :wink:
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    Hi girls!!!

This is great that so many of us want to work our way towards a Beyonce-style bod!!!

Ok here is my challenge to every one of you this week: do one thing every day that makes you feel sexy. That doesn't mean you have to go crazy and hook up with random people, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean do some little thing, maybe even something nobody else will know about, that you do just to pamper yourself.

I started with mine today -- I took a kickboxing class instead of doing my normal routing of treadmill and weights. Why, you ask? BECAUSE I FELT LIKE A SEXY *kitten* that's why! The class was held in this room with mirrors all around, so I was seeing myself the whole time. But instead of thinking about how I wished my thighs would jiggle less when I kicked or my butt felt tighter when I squatted, I thought about how strong my arms looked (I was wearing a tanktop) when I jabbed and upper-cutted and such. And then I got all drenched in sweat and I felt even sexier! :drinker:

So start tomorrow (heck, start tonight if you can). It'll be really fun to swap ideas for how to make our normal routine sexier!!! Tell me what you think!
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am so in!!! I already love this first challenge.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Church.

Depends on the church. If you join a church with nothing but families with young kids, you will probably meet people, but the chances of one of them being a single guy are not too likely, unless one of the family types has a brother or brother in law.

I didn't join a church to meet anyone, and it is a good thing because I have attended at three different locations and all I keep meeting are married couples !!! :laugh: :laugh:

I hope your experience is more fruitful.

I am doing MFP for "me" and the only one likely to share in the positive results might be someone I knew 20 years ago that I recently reconnected with, but regardless of whether that works or not, I intend to be considered "fit" and maybe even "thin" for the first time in my life, before I am too old to appreciate the feeling!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    Ok so I'm back on here real quick to comment on one thing -- the whole "meeting someone" issue.

Now I know I'm only 21 and I don't know much about love, but I do know that people walk into your life when you are not actively searching them out. I'd say get involved in cool things -- take a salsa dancing class, join a book club, run a 5k, etc. That way you'll find like-minded people who are doing cool things, too. No matter what age you are, you're never too young or too old to do awesome things with your time. And filling your life with awesomeness may or may not result in a guy walking into your path, but when he does you'll be sexy and confident enough to be ready for it!
  • amaline
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds great. Today is my non-workout today so instead tonight I'm gonna go home and crank up the music and dance my *kitten* off! Always makes me feel sexy :laugh:
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    I am definitely in!!! I want to be SEXY!!!!!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have been in the church all my life (I am a PK) and haven't met a keeper. But the fact that my dad keeps a shotgun in the pulpit maybe a contributing factor..:laugh: Just kidding.

Be you, Become confident, and Become whole (if you are not) if you are all of these things, life will be awesome whether you find a husband or not. :flowerforyou:

Church.

Depends on the church. If you join a church with nothing but families with young kids, you will probably meet people, but the chances of one of them being a single guy are not too likely, unless one of the family types has a brother or brother in law.

I didn't join a church to meet anyone, and it is a good thing because I have attended at three different locations and all I keep meeting are married couples !!! :laugh: :laugh:

I hope your experience is more fruitful.

I am doing MFP for "me" and the only one likely to share in the positive results might be someone I knew 20 years ago that I recently reconnected with, but regardless of whether that works or not, I intend to be considered "fit" and maybe even "thin" for the first time in my life, before I am too old to appreciate the feeling!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: