One Year, 120 Pounds Lost (with pics)

Options

Replies

• Seb3
    Seb3 Posts: 26
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss, you look great.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love your story! I love your sense of humor (my husband has never heard of macaroni and cheese covered hot dogs, but I'll bet he tries them now! haha). Your story means a lot to me, because I have 125.5 lbs to go. I walk now, but not far. I do my strength training, but the weights are kind of pitiful. Sometimes it feels like I'm just a big joke at the gym (though no one at the Y would ever say that to me). I can't wait to wear a storyteller shirt! Hell, I can't wait until I can buy ANY shirt that is a L or smaller!

1) I ate that mac and cheese topped hot dog at Ditch Plains in NY, but they were just what you think: hot dog, in bun, topped with mac and cheese ;) Oooh so good.

2) Pitiful weights are how we all start. You don't walk into the weight room, load a bar, put it on your back, and squat. You start off with wall sits. Then wall sits with weights in your hands. Then squats on the wall with a swiss ball behind your back. Then body weight squats. Then squats with hand weights. It's all a progression! When I look back at what I started out lifting I giggle. You'll do the same. It's all about progressive overload, my friend.

3) You are NOT a joke at the gym. First, no one is really paying attention to you. They are in their own little self-centered world. Second, if they are paying attention to you, they're not laughing at you. They're cheering you on in their head. They're thinking, "if she can do this, I can too." They're thinking, "that used to be me."

You know, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they do see you more than you think. I go to my gym at pretty much the same time every day and often it's the same people. A lot of people over the last year have talked to me, told me I'm looking great, congratulated me, cheered me on.

So I guess what I'm saying is: you're not a joke. You're an inspiration to them and someday they're going to let you know that.

When I started at the gym, I made a choice to that gym-time is honeybadger time. I refused to give a *kitten* what people thought of me. honeybadger don't care ;) (google for the honeybadger video on youtube if you don't get the reference).

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, I just want you to know that you can do it. Seriously. Just don't give up. You will see the results.

I can't even describe what your words mean to me. You are in my "inspirations" folder! I can't type for being all emotional right now. Keep on keepin' on!!!
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Completely AWESOME~!
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HOT MAMA ;)
    YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Great results!!! well donee..... :flowerforyou: xxxx
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    what an amazing accomplishment!!:heart: you look terrifficc!:flowerforyou: thank you for sharing!! xoxo
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love looking at before and after photos for inspiration. Thank you for sharing yours 1 year on. You have worked hard and the results are fabulous!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results - you look great!
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You are MY personal amazing motivation of this week!
  • viscumin
    viscumin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Go you! It's also really inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Excellent and inspiring, love it. Congratulations!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Your results are fantastic...keep it up! You're an inspiration :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Love all of the information you put out there, thanks
  • careyayn22
    careyayn22 Posts: 95
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! You look stunning and you have a fantastic outlook. I really wanted to do that zombie run. Next year! I need to find some friends to run with...I'm kinda a lone wolf lol.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing! Thank you so much for telling your story and sharing so much encouragement with all of us.

The first thing I noticed was the One Year From Now quote.

Sadly, I joined MFP at the end of July 2011, and I have fallen off the wagon time and time again to the point that I am only 13 pounds down from my starting weight. My first year is almost over and I have failed myself miserably. I know what it takes and I know how it's done, but I give into temptation and laziness all too often.

NO MORE! Today, I am printing the quote. I'm plastering it everywhere (home, work, car, etc.).

I will post a success story on June 21, 2013!

Thank YOU for the inspiration!!!

Blessings,
    Loree
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I cried reading this and cheered when I saw your pics. What an awesome goal reached. You inspire me!!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...what an accomplishment...you should be very proud of yourself :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!