Your Worst Binge Since Starting Here?

Options

Replies

• Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The high tea prepared at my grandmothers funeral. I packed away at least 10k calories, not to mention the home made slap up tea afterwards.

I felt so so so aweful afterwards. But it made me realise that eating at maintainence for one day a fortnight is a great motivator and helps me feel a lot better afterwards.
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    After several weeks of 1200 calorie days, I decided to have a cheat meal at my favorite bbq joint. Pulled pork, ribs, mac & cheese, tator tots covered in brunswick stew and cheddar, jalapeno cornbread, fried pickles and jalapenos, and banana pudding. Went to do my grocery shopping afterwards and decided the cheese danishes looked great. Picked up a four-pack and ate three before I left the store. When I got home I ate an entire one-pound bag of chips with with 16 oz. of onion dip and followed it with a bag of lindt truffles and a package of oreos with milk. I couldn't bring myself to log it so I don't know what the calories were. I ate all of this in less than four hours and I ate continuously. I would've eaten more if it was possible. I was sick as a dog for three days. I gained 10 pounds overnight but 8-9 of them fell back off within the next 4-5 days. The rest of it was gone by the next week.

I know it's a technicality - but this is actually a binge and not just a crazy high calorie meal/day (people seem to use "binge" a bit liberally on MFP). Binges, by definition, are huge amounts of food consumed in a small amount of time when there is a sense of lost control over intake and the food is used (abused) in a way to meet an emotional need. This is an example of what you see in Binge Eating Disorder and Bulimia (purging or non-purging).

As another poster said, I have had to forget the idea of "cheat" meals/days - because this is generally what happens when I try to do one!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I guess some people don't like a bird getting locked in a tight cage with a tube down its throat while it's force fed multiple times a day for weeks until they either die from sickness or reach adequate size.
    Silly animal rights people.
    [/quote]

Rights? For animals? Ridiculous!!
    (definitely kidding!)
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for a month so nothing too crazy...yet. I consider this is a binge eat: I ate my dinner and was full. My husband came home with a salad and breadstick for himself, plus one for me. The breadsticks are enormous, about 18 inches long. I ate the whole thing and felt HORRIBLE afterwards. I consider it a binge because I didn't need or really want the food, but I felt a compulsion to eat it. Six weeks ago I would have eaten two large slices to go with my breadstick and felt pleasantly full.

Also, this weekend my husband and I are celebrating our fourth anniversary by going out to a very fancy steak house...and I am having fear/excited anticipation about this meal. I really want to eat everything I desire, but I'm not sure if I should! I know from past experience it is difficult for me to keep going after a big misstep. Would YOU go crazy at the very fancy steak house?
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say today... My kids asked me to make homemade donuts and I did. I ate 3 and logged 1100 calories for breakfast ALONE! It's barely 10:00!!!

Still need to make it through lunch and dinner...

Better get to cracking on the exercise...
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a real binge but Friday night I went way over on eating tortilla chips and salsa. I truly believe that this one food combination is something I CAN NEVER eat again. ITs one of those things that very hard to stop unless its all gone.

Denise
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have laughed at some of these posters, how the hell some of you are stick thin and binge on more tv withhan 5000 i dont know, you must not do it very often, and the original poster does not need to be losing weight, she is very underweight by the look of her profile. Imo you should be adding weight not trying to take it off, sorry if that offends.

Ive watched loads of with people who eat masses of calouries in one day and there huge people, you dont get fat eating small amounts of foods each day. I know on a bad day i can eat 3000 quite easy or maybe worse if i had chocolate in there.

When we go to florida for our hols we eat way too much every day, we go out for a buffet breakfast, then we might have pasta, pizza or a burger maybe, not so much the burger these days, or steak, chicken etc, then for will have full dinner at night with dessert and inbetween that i might have popcorn, chocolate, icecream,it all adds up to a hell of a lot.

Not offended at all. I am not really underweight for my height according to BMI charts, I am just under 177cm (5'10) and 125 or 126Ibs depending on the day. I think I just look thin because of my build and I am maintaining weight, not trying to lose now. But bear in mind, regarding binges, I also have a mild eating disorder, and sometimes have bulimic tendencies, which is where my own binges come in.
  • TeTeAngel
    TeTeAngel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I gave into my sweet tooth and had about 40 yogurt covered almonds. My intake was 2200 calories. I avoid that treat because I have no control.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I gave into my sweet tooth and had about 40 yogurt covered almonds. My intake was 2200 calories. I avoid that treat because I have no control.

Yeah, I tend to find it hard to control myself around nuts/dried fruits, especially those coated in chocolate or yoghurt. They are very moreish.
  • ichagirl
    ichagirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! If I am going to have a bad day then I am making myself be accountable for it. Its hard!!!
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    161 days, not one binge!
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I binged on almond butter last month. Must have had at least 5 or 6 tablespoons in one sitting. It doesn't help that almond butter's so calorie dense :(
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had an 8700 non-healthy calorie day once and the next day the scale finally went down after not losing for weeks!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    161 days, not one binge!

wow, hats off to you!

Yesterday was bad for me :(
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My entire week back home in Chicago back in April. Ate all the foods I was missing, drank way too much alcohol... Yeah... I gained 8 pounds back. :|

Yesterday kinda sucked too... Emotional eating... :mad:
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    A whole bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos chased with two Dr. Peppers.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I remember it well....a huge breakfast - 2000 calories, a huge lunch - 2000 calories - drank 20 beers all day - 2500 calories - snacked all day on junk - 1500 calories and ate a huge dinner twice [3000], then late desert and white wine [1500]....it added up quick!

What's amazing is that there are people who eat like that, or close to it, every day. One of the British shows added up some poor fat schlep's calories and he was packing away 10,000+ a day on mostly take out and soda, or take aways and fizzy drinks as they called it.
    Is that the show were that one woman comes in and shows them how to eat healthier? I forgot what I was called but I watched it a lot on BBC America. It was insane to see how much people ate. O_O
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    Reeses Peanut Butter Cup ice cream bars. They're similar to peanut butter flavored Klondike bars. Ate 4 or 5 of them in one night. :/
  • una48
    una48 Posts: 43
    Options
    13 Rich tea biscuits after dinner. I was still feeling hungry after dinner, and once I started I couldnt stop!
    I increased my calorie allowance from 1200 after that binge, as it just wasnt enough for me.

Thinking about it now, what a lousy choice for a binge, should have chosen something more tasty! I guess I was too hungry to think.:laugh:
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Casual birthday dinner with friends turned into, "EAT ALL THE DISHES!" My friend and I, halfway through, actually switched dishes because I liked hers so much. :laugh: And, of course I had to sample all the desserts, too. But, I drank a ton of water, so it cancels out, right?

It felt really good for one night to not care about portions, measuring, how much oil the restaurant used, etc. :drinker: