The man and his horrid comment

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Here's this nice guy's thought...

He see the changes in you...and likes it. Makes him frisky. It's his playful way of encouraging you.

Dont always read into the words without understanding his mindset. Ask him. And you will see the above comment is right.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

He see the changes in you...and likes it. Makes him frisky. It's his playful way of encouraging you.

Dont always read into the words without understanding his mindset. Ask him. And you will see the above comment is right.

This is pretty much my thoughts exactly.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Men are stupid and continually think that women have a sense of humor no matter how many times they're proven wrong.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wow! Even by guy standards that's pretty dense! Kudos for not slapping him :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    We - talking about men - tend to project.
    Google that term as it relates to psychology.
    Projection.
    We "project" our own feelings and attitudes on you ladies who are far more sensitive about your bodies than we are about our own. He meant nothing hurtful I suspect.
    I have said some awful things myself and later was stunned that somebody got offended.:noway:
    Be gentle but kindly express how much that hurt you.
    And if he does it again, you know it's a personal attack, but I bet he won't, and if he ever slips up, he'll be fast to make amends.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    shocker .. a guy said something stupid .. we do it all the time, not intending for it to be hurtful.

nice comeback btw .. zing!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

^^^Agreeing with this as well. I don't think there were any malicious undertones in what he said... he's just playing around.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he was joking. We say stupid **** jokingly and often regret it. It's because we can say whatever we want no matter how demeaning to our fellow guy friends and it's all fun and games. I would take it with a grain of salt.

I see you're from AZO... Hi Neighbor!
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    If a guy says something and there are two ways of interpreting what he is saying as either a good thing or a bad thing, we meant it in the good way!!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I would have taken it as "you're @ss is getting smaller - I don't have much to hold onto!"

But...I envy your quick wit...
  • TimetoShine17
    Options
    My husband says comments like that. He refers to my thighs as a piece of large meat and when are we cooking this? Or, my cellulite. Well, I been taking the dog early mornings for runs and getting my alone time and he sits on his fat behind and still has a big gut. When I am nice and THIN, then see who makes the comments, ha. :happy: :wink:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I think this is exactly right.

This:
    He grabbed my behind and said "Hey we need to tone this up so I have something to grab onto."

followed by this:
    Mind you he is the kindest man I've EVER known in my LIFE and he loves me no matter

suggests that is true. However, that does compare to the emotional rush an individual gets from feeling of self righteous outrage...
  • ClarksMommy
    ClarksMommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So...you want us to lie to you?

I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but seriously, sometimes we have to tell you that you need to start watching what you eat and hit the gym. Would you rather we start cheating on you (not that I would, just saying) or just plain dump you with the lame "oh its not you, its me" ?

Please, don't make my post a gender issue and I perfectly understand getting hurt over comments like these however, the significant others can be in a hard place and a rock with these situations

What you are saying is not necessarily wrong, but did you read the part where he then asked to go get ice cream? So, probably not about getting fat... probably just a dumb thing he said.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    If the comments are only negative, you have a beef. If he is generous with the compliments as well then I think you are over-reacting. And I assume your comments are premised by the fact that you never utter a critical word to your man. Not just physical comments either.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but seriously, sometimes we have to tell you that you need to start watching what you eat and hit the gym. Would you rather we start cheating on you (not that I would, just saying) or just plain dump you with the lame "oh its not you, its me" ?

Please, don't make my post a gender issue and I perfectly understand getting hurt over comments like these however, the significant others can be in a hard place and a rock with these situations

Don't lie...be honest.

And let's not suggest ice cream in the very next breath...kay?
  • Pagek1693
    Pagek1693 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh my! How confusing
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

I understand what you are saying... but as I told my husband when we first started dating, "don't make comments when I'm not eating healthy or exercising because *I* already know that I should be doing better. It's doesn't help and makes me feel even worse than I already do. If you want to help, then comment or compliment me when you see me making a healthy choice or putting some effort into working out."

To the OP - I loved your comeback!! I never think of something that quick...
  • Pagek1693
    Pagek1693 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :noway: Oh my! How confusing
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I would rather have my fiance' tell me these things now, because yes the truth hurts, but non-truths and lies hurt much more in the long run.