Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options
I REALLY hate when women use their period as an excuse to not do something. "I can't go biking today. I started." Really? I get some of the worst cramps, but it never stops me from doing something. SUCK IT UP and quit being such a baby. Seriously.

Rant over.

Replies

• MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really love that I have an IUD and I haven't had my monthly in over 5 years.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wow, why do you care?
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow, why do you care?

Wow, why do you care to even reply?
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Eh.... Before I went on BC my monthly would cause me to throw up, a lot..... can't work out while throwing up.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    TOM is gross.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think it is a crap excuse, but I am also hypocritical in the fact that when I get my TOM, the last thing I want to do is exercise. I want to rest, dose up on painkillers and cuddle my hot water bottle. I just dont feel comfortable exercising knowing that it's like a murder scene down there. Not comforting. I would be stressing about the not fun side effects of TOM, and that would stop me getting a good workout.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Why would you be so judgey about someone else's pain tolerance?
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    People will always find excuses so they don't have to do what they don't want to.
  • MaryPhillips90
    Options
    I think it is a crap excuse, but I am also hypocritical in the fact that when I get my TOM, the last thing I want to do is exercise. I want to rest, dose up on painkillers and cuddle my hot water bottle. I just dont feel comfortable exercising knowing that it's like a murder scene down there. Not comforting. I would be stressing about the not fun side effects of TOM, and that would stop me getting a good workout.

I agree.
    It's just the women that use their period soley as an excuse.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

I agree.
    It's just the women that use their period soley as an excuse.

The first two days, when it's worst, I dont exercise. Dont want to jostle anything and make a mess, the rest of the time I exercise, because I'm just sabotaging myself if I dont.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    For real. Exercise helps with cramps anyways.
  • MaryPhillips90
    Options

THANK YOU!
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use to consider my period week a rest week from exercise and sex. This made my man unhappy.. Now I workout to ease the cramps and he has renamed it BJ week. ;)
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    What a *****y thing to post. I'm so disappointed in you.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    What a *****y thing to post. I'm so disappointed in you.

I agree.

To the Op, I am sure you have plenty of your own inadequacies(the tone of your post indicates a fair few). Maybe you should be focussing on those instead of b**ching about the perceived inadequacies in others. The phrase, to each their own, comes to mind.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise helps with cramps, although it's a bit of an effort to get off the couch in the first place when I have cramps.
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    Actually doing some form of activity helps, biking, hiking, walking, whatever....
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

^^This^^ Helps with my cramps and my mood
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    You do know not everyone is the same. Just like people don't lose weight the same way. You need to calm down and get over your attitude. Does it matter, are you them? Are you in their body, then how do you know how bad it gets? NO!

Have a nice day.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is just as stupid a post as someone *****ing about someone else using cleaning as a form of exercise. People's hormones can make them feel really gross. If they don't want to exercise during TOM that is fine! Go mind your own freakin' business.
This discussion has been closed.