Calling All REAL animal lovers!!!

Options

Replies

• LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I never said animals weren't meant to be eaten, although I don't eat them. I am a science major. I know and love the circle of life. I am saying that Earth was not made for humans and animals were not made solely for the purpose of serving humans.

I think I get what you're saying here.
    I don't think they're here to serve us either. I think they're here to be companions and learn from.
    Though sometimes they're tasty with BBQ sauce that doesn't exactly make us "superior".
    Am I close?:huh:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Who cares? They're food!:laugh: :laugh:
    I always find such sniveling delicious but not as much as the turkey I ate an hour ago....:drinker:

Prime example of ignorance right here. Cool story bro.
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Okay first off didn't read all the other posts, but I am an animal lover and we have a ton of rescue pets. We have 3 cats (black ones and older ones that had to go together because apparently black cats get adopted last) a dog, a lizard and we even had milipedes (don't even get me started on that one they are creepy little things). But they all get to live out their natural lives in my house!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have to say, even when I ate meat, I never thought lololmeatjokes were funny. It's the equivalent of spaghetti monster jokes in front of Christians, or sammich jokes in front a feminist, dead baby jokes in front of an amnesty volunteer or any other tasteless joke that laughs at the moral choices of others.

LOLOLOLHARHARHAREATMEAT. :(
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If this is what keeps you up at night, I hope you know that there are millions of people on this Earth that would switch places with you in a heartbeat.....

...firstworldproblem...

You my dear are too right to be on MFP!
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    BTW, if the killing of animals for eats is keeping you awake, then maybe you should take a walk outside and see other atrocities happening. Poverty, child hunger, drug abuse, uncureable diseases. There are alot of problems really one can lose sleep over. Not saying animal love isn't a noble cause but considering this is something that has been going on since the cave men time and something that a lot of other animals participate over too, maybe you should focus on real issues rather than telling others what to eat

Hmm, I don't really care that much. As for uncurable diseases, I watched and held my father's hand a few months ago as he died of cancer. I have a lot of other problems that I lose sleep over, but they mostly don't have to do with random people I don't care about. And if you could read, you'd see I said that this had nothing to do with vegetarianism.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    the only thing my animals serve is being my best friends and companions.....i love them to death and work at a vets office i would never say we are superior
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My cat started to kill a bird today, but then he thought about how the bird has rights and chose a cucumber from our garden instead.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    I love the self-righteousness in this thread

"Bash anyone who wants to eat meat"

"Bash anyone who believes in religion"

"All of my personal believes are perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my mentality. Its everybody else who is crazy!"

I wasn't denying your beliefs or "bashing" anyone about it. My beliefs are my own and if you believe in god, eating animals or so forth go right ahead.
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    I never said animals weren't meant to be eaten, although I don't eat them. I am a science major. I know and love the circle of life. I am saying that Earth was not made for humans and animals were not made solely for the purpose of serving humans.

I think I get what you're saying here.
    I don't think they're here to serve us either. I think they're here to be companions and learn from.
    Though sometimes they're tasty with BBQ sauce that doesn't exactly make us "superior".
    Am I close?:huh:

Haha. You my dear, are correct.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    BTW, if the killing of animals for eats is keeping you awake, then maybe you should take a walk outside and see other atrocities happening. Poverty, child hunger, drug abuse, uncureable diseases. There are alot of problems really one can lose sleep over. Not saying animal love isn't a noble cause but considering this is something that has been going on since the cave men time and something that a lot of other animals participate over too, maybe you should focus on real issues rather than telling others what to eat
    I am just the opposite.
    Eating meat and the availability of meat helps me sleep.
    Just knowing there is a chicken in a cage somewhere right now, being fed, getting fat and plump.....:yawn:
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My cat started to kill a bird today, but then he thought about how the bird has rights and chose a cucumber from our garden instead.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So she doesn't care about children she doesn't know who starve to death yet cares about animals of other species?

alright then.
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    If this is what keeps you up at night, I hope you know that there are millions of people on this Earth that would switch places with you in a heartbeat.....

...firstworldproblem...

Ahh, if you only knew anything about me.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between "caveman times" and now. We are mass producing animals in factories, giving them steroids and inadequate nutrition. Putting them on antibiotics because they can't survive the conditions they live in by themselves. These animals don't see daylight until they're on the truck enroute to the slaughter house. They have tendons cut so they can't run away. Mother cows are force bred (raped) to put out milk while their calves are given inadequate nutrition. This is a factory system that was made to satisfy the billions who view eating animals as the normal and don't think twice. It is NOT a system where the animals are roaming free and hunters bring the meat back. The animals are put on a conveyer belt and their throats are systematically slit, letting their blood drain to the floor while they are still alive and struggling to get away. It's completely inhumane treatment and the jokes are actually extremely offensive, especially to people new to the animal rights community. I'm used to it, others can get seriously depressed over it. Please grow up.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. Humans suck. The sooner you accept this the better. I try not to have any expectations and am rarely disappointed.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    We all live and we all die.

two2getready: I wish my cat would do that.
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    An animal lover? That would be me. Chicken, beef, pork, venison, elk, moose, bison, dove, duck goose, quail, turkey, hare, fish, gator, rattlesnake, even bear and armadillo (once) - Properly prepared, I love 'em all.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love the self-righteousness in this thread

"Bash anyone who wants to eat meat"

"Bash anyone who believes in religion"

"All of my personal believes are perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my mentality. Its everybody else who is crazy!"

I wasn't denying your beliefs or "bashing" anyone about it. My beliefs are my own and if you believe in god, eating animals or so forth go right ahead.
    The bible? The bible is a joke. Saying that animals are slaves of men because the bible says so is like saying women will always be inferior and are the reason sin exists.

At least I can sleep a little better knowing someone else thinks the bible is a joke.

I wonder what you would say if you WERE bashing people of religion...

I'm not even christian and this hurt knowing people are so self-righteous they can't even leave anyone else of different belief alone
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    There's a big difference between "caveman times" and now. We are mass producing animals in factories, giving them steroids and inadequate nutrition. Putting them on antibiotics because they can't survive the conditions they live in by themselves. These animals don't see daylight until they're on the truck enroute to the slaughter house. They have tendons cut so they can't run away. Mother cows are force bred (raped) to put out milk while their calves are given inadequate nutrition. This is a factory system that was made to satisfy the billions who view eating animals as the normal and don't think twice. It is NOT a system where the animals are roaming free and hunters bring the meat back. The animals are put on a conveyer belt and their throats are systematically slit, letting their blood drain to the floor while they are still alive and struggling to get away. It's completely inhumane treatment and the jokes are actually extremely offensive, especially to people new to the animal rights community. I'm used to it, others can get seriously depressed over it. Please grow up.

So true!
This discussion has been closed.