Calling All REAL animal lovers!!!

Options

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    ‎"If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" ~John Cleese

What do you think we are made out of? Chopped liver?
    Awe, my liver isnt chopped, but your brain is obviously scrambled. I eat all kinds of meat, and I LOVE it! I've even raised and butchered my own pigs, cows, and goats, butchered a calf once too, and its soooooooo good! They only wiggle for a minute.

My brain is scrambled? Um. I dont think so. Humans are made out of flesh and organs just like the animals you just said. They may be animals but are still alive, this is not about eating animals. Read the original post.

I did read the original post, and I can tell you this, I have a lot more respect for animals than they have for me. My original post wasnt for the OP, it was for the folks getting so rev'd up over meat eaters ( its just a quote I saw on FB book the other day ), however, my first reply was just for you! You seem like one of those types that likes create a debate on a regular basis so I figured it would light a fire under your butt and help you burn a few more calories today.
    I completely appreciate the role animals serve in our lives, what ever those roles are, from medicine to food. Think about that one. Would you let your own child suffer or die knowing that a drug derived from an animal could save their life? Highly doubtful, and by accepting that drug, you put yourself above the animal, and whether or not they were sacrificed for food or medicine, they were still sacrificed, by a human hand, for human gain, making us superior.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely closed minded. You claim to love science, but shut down any idea you dont like. Science is about being open minded. Einstein would be disappointed

I believe in science creating our world and I dont believe god exists until proven otherwise. I am not an idiot nor am I close minded, it is just my belief. Einstein would be disappointed? Einstein is dead, so is Jesus, God and the first Pope.

Examples of being close minded abound in your posts. You dont believe in science at all. You believe in what you want to believe, which is ok, but don't flaunt believing in science. Science is about being open minded to ALL possibilities, regardless if you can prove them or not.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I believe that animals aren't here for us to dominate and control. I think that that factory farming is horrendous. I think that even the animals we eat should be treated properly. When I had a dog (til he passed away) he always ate better than I did.. when i was on a ramen noodle diet, he was eating dog food that was $60 a bag and was treated as if he was a my kid, but he still knew his place in the household..

It bothers me how people don't really have a regard for animals.

Hypothetical situation: There is a massive natural disaster. You and your beloved pet are trapped far away from everyone with no idea of when rescue might come. You are both starving as there is no food available. Do you eat your pet to survive, or sacrifice your life to feed the pet? Think about that long and hard. I doubt there are many people who honestly would die so that a dog/cat/gerbil/whatever would live... and those that claim so, would not actually do so when in in that situation for real.

No disrespect to your passed pooch, but I know I would take the life of any animal before the life of any human. This doesn't mean I have no regard for the animal... in fact, I would be very grateful to the animal giving me the ability to live.

Oooh, this was actually broached in a recent tv show on ABC, "The River". A man was lost in the jungle with no hope of survival or rescue - no water, no food, etc. He was with his dog, and went through the whole emotional state of planning to kill the dog for food. However, when he had the knife to its throat and was telling his dog everything would be ok, he just broke down and couldn't do it. Even faced with certain death, he couldn't kill the one creature that had stayed with him and kept him sane through all the crazy stuff happening around him.

It boils down to the individual person and their bond with their animal. Some people view their pets as just that - pets. But others view them as more than that, children even.
  • FULTZ10
    FULTZ10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am not religious, so I wont find this the truth no matter how many times you post it. :noway:
    [/quote]

And I have no ability to change that. So before leave you thinking I hate animals I think you should know that I treat my dog like a baby and won't eat veal, I also hunt and eat deer, which are naturally organic and don't live a life destined for a slaughter house.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

You weren't able to see bacteria in a microscope not too long ago. Science evolved. Air can be felt but then again, gods existance has been felt by many too. Fact and data? Miracles. Miracles are something athiests call conincidences but for many of the believers thats too many coincidences to be simply called coinincidence.

I am a person who's getting his Masters in Computer Science and am daily surrounded by brilliant minds. I hear everyday debates about gods existence and non-existence. You know the difference between those brilliant minds and ...well you? They are 1) Tolerant of each others and 2) They donot reject the other sides arguments.

Science have unfortunately not uncovered everything. Did you know that a tribe in Africa has been worshiping a star in a completely different galaxy. Actually its not even the star they're worshipping, its that stars planets moon. They've been worshipping that moon that is naked to the eye for thousands of years and not until recently the scietists didn't even think it was possible. The tribe claims that angels from that moon came to warn them and so they worship that moon as the home of the angels.

Scientists also had everybody believe that earth was flat. That the sun revolved around the earth. It took another scietist to prove otherwise. While you don't have to believe in god, you also should be open to the idea that there might be something out there. After all, many scientists in the past have come to believe in god after researching more and more concluding that the universe, human body, nature is just too perfect to be a conincidence and there has to be another power involved.

Don't be a close minded, keep an open mind

You compared not seeing air to not seeing god and then state that you feel air and "feel" god. Whats the difference? I believe in miracles and all of the sorts, that doesnt mean I have believe in god. Then you filled in the argument with pointless information about science that I already knew about. I am open minded, but just because I am not religious doesnt mean I have a closed one.

Was this a bazinga? Because seriously what you just wrote is exactly why I'm calling you close minded. Comparing not seeing air to not seeing god and then feeling air to feeling god was towards your statement of "prove that god exists". Air cannot be seen and neither can god. Air can be felt and so can god.

Pointless information? Yes, you're a scientist alright lol

Not religious doesn't make you closed minded. Being closed minded makes you closed minded.

Since you insist on infecting this thread with your useless religious bashing, I guess I should retreat. No point in arguing with somebody who doesn't understand what science is ACTUALLY about and likes to use the word science as a mantra.

Shame on you for desecrating the name of science
  • nat7031
    nat7031 Posts: 5
    Options
    you stole that quote from some where lol i think its from cyanide and happiness.
  • sburesh93
    sburesh93 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love animals! I'm not a vegetarian, and I love eating my beef, chicken, pork, and seafood. But, I do believe that animals are a precious gift, not only for nourishing our bodies, but for love and companionship. It makes me sick when people abuse animals, and I always feel it's deserved when people go to jail for animal cruelty. They have emotions like we do (I've had plenty of animals that smiled, cried, and felt pain and suffering just like we do), and are meant to be loved. I think I understand mostly what you're saying :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely closed minded. You claim to love science, but shut down any idea you dont like. Science is about being open minded. Einstein would be disappointed

I believe in science creating our world and I dont believe god exists until proven otherwise. I am not an idiot nor am I close minded, it is just my belief. Einstein would be disappointed? Einstein is dead, so is Jesus, God and the first Pope.

Examples of being close minded abound in your posts. You dont believe in science at all. You believe in what you want to believe, which is ok, but don't flaunt believing in science. Science is about being open minded to ALL possibilities, regardless if you can prove them or not.

I claim that science has more FACTS than christianity about the world being created. I dont worship science religiously or think science is the next best thing. That is my argument. The end. Everyone has their own beliefs about god, science. vegetarianism and even animals. I dont shove science down peoples throats like christians do to me, I debate because they debate with me. Christians are just as close minded about atheism and science so don't point the close minded finger solely at myself.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

I claim that science has more FACTS than christianity about the world being created. I dont worship science religiously or think science is the next best thing. That is my argument. The end. Everyone has their own beliefs about god, science. vegetarianism and even animals. I dont shove science down peoples throats like christians do to me, I debate because they debate with me. Christians are just as close minded about atheism and science so don't point the close minded finger solely at myself.

Your not debating, but making statements of facts about things science nor you cannot disprove. Stop flaunting that you believe in science.
  • taunto
    Options

Scientists also had everybody believe that earth was flat. That the sun revolved around the earth. It took another scietist to prove otherwise. While you don't have to believe in god, you also should be open to the idea that there might be something out there. After all, many scientists in the past have come to believe in god after researching more and more concluding that the universe, human body, nature is just too perfect to be a conincidence and there has to be another power involved.

Your entire post is so entirely true. I don't flaunt my religion around because I just don't feel like dealing with the kinds of people who don't understand it, or view it as something its now because it isn't mainstream. Where I believe the Earth and life came from may be different from yours, and I like to just agree to disagree.

Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you should instantly shut down everything another person says.

(Or, really, you could just go with my lovable crazy father and believe we're just a bit ole alien experiment. A recent viewing of Prometheus has only cemented this in his mind. ;D)

But, really, when did this turn into a religious debate or about whether it's healthy to eat meat? It's supposed to be about respecting animals and not viewing them as object solely to be used and abused.

Self-righteous folks would love to include their believes where ever they see fit. I've seen women talking about oppression of females in threads talking about bacon...
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    peta_rabbits.jpg
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Your not debating, but making statements of facts about things science nor you cannot disprove. Stop flaunting that you believe in science.

Cannot prove or disprove anything, only facts and things I can see in front of me.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Cannot prove or disprove anything, only facts and things I can see in front of me.

Once again showing your ignorance about science. If all scientists believe as you do, the world would still be flat.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Your entire post is so entirely true. I don't flaunt my religion around because I just don't feel like dealing with the kinds of people who don't understand it, or view it as something its now because it isn't mainstream. Where I believe the Earth and life came from may be different from yours, and I like to just agree to disagree.

Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you should instantly shut down everything another person says.

(Or, really, you could just go with my lovable crazy father and believe we're just a bit ole alien experiment. A recent viewing of Prometheus has only cemented this in his mind. ;D)

But, really, when did this turn into a religious debate or about whether it's healthy to eat meat? It's supposed to be about respecting animals and not viewing them as object solely to be used and abused.

Self-righteous folks would love to include their believes where ever they see fit. I've seen women talking about oppression of females in threads talking about bacon...

Um, I don't mean to intrude, but could this be because feminism is constantly compared to other, incomparable causes like animal rights? That seems to be usually why that comes up and I feel it's a pretty valid complaint.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Once again showing your ignorance about science. If all scientists believe as you do, the world would still be flat.

Two words. Evolution and technology.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Which didnt happen without an open mind, and free thinking, and not "believing" that something may not be possible. Keep diggin. A scientist didnt sit there and go "Yep, boats are not possible. I know for a fact something so big cannot float. I have seen rocks sink"

This is rather comical.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options

I get it. I do. I used to get all fired up when someone used to question my religion or try and shove their views down my throat. It's easy to argue back and get carried away. At the end of the day, it isn't worth it. Just be the bigger person and agree to respectfully disagree and just drop it.

Friendly debate is great, but when it turns into an argument, it's time to quit.
  • taunto
    Options

Seriously...don't even use the term science. Ever. You're not allowed to talk about science till you understand the true meaning of science.

Science is not just a term you hipsters like to use. Its the same as hippies talking about world peace but instead just smoke grass and listen to bad music.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Seriously...don't even use the term science. Ever. You're not allowed to talk about science till you understand the true meaning of science.

Science is not just a term you hipsters like to use. Its the same as hippies talking about world peace but instead just smoke grass and listen to bad music.

Bingo
  • CassieReannan
    Options

Which didnt happen without an open mind, and free thinking, and not "believing" that something may not be possible. Keep diggin. A scientist didnt sit there and go "Yep, boats are not possible. I know for a fact something so big cannot float. I have seen rocks sink"

This is rather comical.

I have beliefs about many different things, doesnt mean I am close minded about boats and the way the world works. I don't believe science is the answer to everything in the world, just religion as science has facts about the big bang ect and until proven otherwise I am atheist. It doesnt matter to me how anyone else feels about my opinions as they are solely mine.
This discussion has been closed.