How long were you with your SO before you got engaged?

Options

Replies

• LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    tech, he asked b4 we met in person .. but once I moved in with him, (within a couple weeks) we were talking about it, and I said it wasn't official since it was over the phone, so he got down on 1 knee and asked me .. (that was almost 13 years ago and we have been married 11 years)
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i was with mine for 2 years before i was engaged. .....then married about 6 months later we have been married for almost 3 years and i am 23
  • xoEmmyBxo
    xoEmmyBxo Posts: 10
    Options
    I know this wont help but my best friends parents were dating for 6 weeks then got engaged , then married and like 25years later still happy as anything .... they were in there late 30s though!!
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    I was with my husband for two years before he proposed. But every couple is different of course. Have you asked him how he feels about this? I didn't read through the thread so forgive me if you have already answered this question. I hope that all works out for you!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    We never got engaged, we married 30 days after we started dating (if that is what you can call what we were doing, I think the correct term is hanging out, lol)
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    we were dating for 7 years before he proposed...getting married in September :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    we have been together for 3 1/2 years and are not engaged or living together.
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    I was with my first SO for 5 years before we got married. We divorced 6 years later. I was with my current SO for 2 years before we got engaged, and we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary this past May.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were together 5 months before we got engaged and married 2 months after that. I am still a newlywed been married for almost 4 months now. But I KNOW he is the one <3
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Exactly two months! And got married 6 months later! We have been married for 12 years now and have four amazing kids!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I proposed to my husband 1 year into the relationship. He re-proposed a year later b/c he felt the man was supposed to do it. We didn't get married until year 4.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    we moved-in together 7 months after we met. we got engaged 6 months later. we got married 8 months after that. so total, we were together for 1 year and 9 months before we got married. we were 21 when we got married. that was 20 years ago :smile:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    We were together for 9 months when we got engaged (living together for 6 months) and got married 2 years later. We waited 2 years because at the same time we got engaged, we also bought a house. Expenses were tight that first year...been together for 12 years, married for 10 now.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    We moved in together after 6 months, got engaged after 7 years, and married almost exactly a year after the proposal.
    Just celebrated our second wedding anniversary.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    about 18 days, i know its fast but weve been together for 7.5 years now and married for 4.5 years :)
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    7 months. It's been a whirlwind! A fantastic whirlwind!!
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I knew my boyfriend for 10 years before we became a couple, we've been together for 6 1/2 years and got engaged about 4 weeks ago.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    We had been together for about 3 years ...and 2 kids... before my DH proposed to me....then we were engaged for 10 months before we just went to the courthouse and tied the knot (no family!)
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    6 Glorious months! Married 6 months later...No, wasn't pregnant. I was 28, he was 34 and we knew what we wanted and what we were looking for. At least, I did. He's stuck with me now! hahaha...Next Jan we'll have been married 9 years.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    We were dating maybe a month before we started discussing marriage. We just knew!