Over 200 Club Losing it for the Holidays!!!(Open Group)

Replies

• ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Had a pretty good day today...
    Stayed within my caloric intake with a few to spare
    Did work out although, I really need to get a heart rate monitor as I think I was interrupted at least 8 times over the course of 2 hours.. not sure of the quality workout I got :grumble:
    Water.. well today I did not make my gallon I usually do.. I believe I got about 80 oz :ohwell: :ohwell:
    Proud.. Today I am proud that at my daughters Honor Society Ceremony, I only ate 1/4 of the macadamean nut cookie. ( I so... wanted to eat the whole thing :devil: ):happy:

I am hoping tomorrow my workout goes better.. I am going to have to learn to turn the phone off when I am trying to work out.. Sometimes I feel like people are pulling me 10 different directions. ugh:frown:

Well.. I am getting pretty sleepy so, I am off to dream land.. Hope everyone else had a great day today! :yawn:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    I am impressed at everyone's willpower!

lildeb- I know what you mean about the pics. I was devastated last year when someone showed me a pic from my birthday dinner. I swear someone replaced me with Java the Hut! :noway: And I hate it when I know that people are thinking or SAYING, "What a shame, she has such a pretty face." :explode:

I did very well today. Danced with my students again, on and off for 1.5 hours. I can't believe I am standing that long, let alone moving! :huh: Seriously, it is close to a miracle!

Cals: stayed within the limit
    H2O: all 64 oz. but right now I feel like I could float down the Mississippi.
    Exercise: good for me!
    Proud: I stayed within my calorie range and I am FULL! I think this has a lot to do with the water!!! :drinker:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Hey guys sorry I have been away, I am trying to keep up with all of this. Haven't gained any weight though, so that is a good thing. I have been keeping myself busy crocheting for Christmas, I allready have 3 scarf and beanie sets down, 5 more to go so I am already ahead of my game.

Been getting stuff done in school (just 2 more weeks yayyyy) and work. Glad to see everyone is doing so well, hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving next week, I am going to be going up to Washington to spend the holiday with my boyfriends family. I can't wait for the little break.

Wondering, does anyone have any low cal baking recipes for me (I do not discriminate, cookies, pies,cakes) lol!!!

thx friends

Andrea
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    11.16.09 (edit: Wow, I just realized I'm a day behind. This is for yesterday, 11.17! :laugh: All morning I thought today was Tuesday. :tongue:)
    Calories: 1200
    Exercise: 347 burned (50 minute brisk walk)
    Water: at least 80oz
    Proud: Had a great day with my food calories!

My weight is finally dropping. I seriously think I was trying too hard. Can you really try TOO hard? I eased up on myself, especially with the exercise, and the pounds just melt away. That's so wrong!

Just when I started thinking I may not make my Thanksgiving goal, it looks like I may actually hit it a week early! :drinker: Not sure if I'll make my New Year's goal, but I'm going to keep striving for the 225. My original goal was 230, though, so I'll still be super happy to hit that.
  • LittleSpy
    Oh my gosh!

My supervisor just came into my office and looked at me with a really serious expression and then said "You are looking FABULOUS! Seriously, are you melting away?!"

:bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    jlb123 What a compliment! Keep it up. I have wondered how long it will take until someone will notice a change in me. I am happy for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Good Morning gals,

checking in

calories high 1900
    exercise not that much
    water yes

I am proud that I am not going to quit

Andrea, glad to see you!!!!!!!

jlb123, that is such a nice compliment

Girls have a great day.
  • Hello ladies...checking in from yesterday:

Cal: not too sure but I had a semi healthy chinese food meal...ate mostly veggies, even though it included alot of yummy greasy sauce and an egg roll...I needed it, but now I am back on
    Exercise: Took the long way to my car...about a 15-20 min walk, did it fast cuz I was angry too
    Water: I try soo hard to intake my water but I pee like every hour whenever I get close to 64 oz.
    Proud: That I didn't flip out on my professor for not showing up for class

Goals for today....a 30-40 min workout on the elliptical and study for my Human sexuality test on Monday
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Oh my gosh!

My supervisor just came into my office and looked at me with a really serious expression and then said "You are looking FABULOUS! Seriously, are you melting away?!"

:bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:

FABULOUS!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    checking in for yesterday:

calories: ok ... but ate almost all my exercise calories (and there were alot)
    exercise: very good - 90 minutes at the Y
    water: good 64oz
    proud: I'm in a really good exercise groove 3 days a week at the Y - I almost never miss those days... but now I just need to figure out how to get in exercise the other days.
  • Momma2four
    Water: I try soo hard to intake my water but I pee like every hour whenever I get close to 64 oz.

Once your body gets use to this it will slow down. I know it is really irritating right now but it really should slow down after a while.
  • Momma2four
    checking in for yesterday:

calories: ok ... but ate almost all my exercise calories (and there were alot)
    exercise: very good - 90 minutes at the Y
    water: good 64oz
    proud: I'm in a really good exercise groove 3 days a week at the Y - I almost never miss those days... but now I just need to figure out how to get in exercise the other days.

The amount of exercise you do always amazes me:happy:
  • Momma2four
    I hate to say this, but I am thinking that my Thanksgiving goal is out the door for me. I have 8 pounds to lose to meet it and it is 1 week away. I seem to do this with every one of my goals. I do NOT meet them on the date I set. I usually meet them any where from 1-3 weeks late. I am wondering if I quit with the time limits and just set the weight loss goals.:ohwell: We will see
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    [The amount of exercise you do always amazes me:happy:
    Thanks, I think I am doing really great with exercise when I schedule time to get to the Y:happy: ... now if I could just figure out how to eat less:angry: ... AND do some exercise away from the Y:ohwell:

Momma2four - I'm not going to make my Thanksgiving goal either ... but as long as I meet it later on I'm fine with that ... I just want to see some downward progress again ... It's been the same or upward for too long ... and I KNOW why (bad food, bad food, bad food).
    You mentioned last week when you weighed in that you seem to only be able to lose .4 pounds a week .... I was jealous, I would love to be back to the groove I was in where I was losing half a pound give or take a week ... because at least that would be in the right direction. It isn't a race ... you will get there, and you ARE getting there (and so will I for that matter, just have to get my eating back on track first!).:flowerforyou:
  • Hi I am new here and after reading through all the posts, I just felt motivated to make myself more accountable by being in a group and checking in and such. I have been on and off trying to lose weight since I had my youngest daughter in 2002 (more gaining than losing unfortunately). I joined the local gym a month ago and have now made it a habit to go before my morning class for an hour and after for an hour and a half. Haven't seen much results yet but hoping with the combination of working out and eating right, I will see them soon.

Oh a little more about me... I am a full-time student working on my Bachelor's in Fine Art, I have six kids ages 16, 16, 15, 13, 12 and 7. 3 are mine and 3 are my husbands but they are all ours if that makes sense. I was in the Navy for almost 5 years, in fact today it has been 5 years since I got out. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for a little over 2 years now. Hmmmm not much else that I can think of.

My weight loss goals are to get to 150 but short term goals of 10 lbs at a time. I know I can reach them even though I feel a little frustrated right now that I have only lost 3 lbs in a month.

calories: so far today 623 and dinner is going to be healthy so it shouldn't go over 1300 for the day exercise: very good - 1 hr this morning before class and 1 1/2 hrs after class
    water: so far 100 oz
    proud: that I went to the gym and I didn't cut myself short even though I was a little tired

184643.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Momma2four
    aries, wow you have your hands full. Hope we can all get to know you better. We are good at being there for each other and supporting each other. Welcome to our group and look forward to seeing your posts.

lstpaul, thanks!!!! You always help me out with your advice. I am not too worried about my time line. I just want to get to 50 pounds lost. Right now I weigh what I did 12 years ago. I look in the mirror and even though I am still big I say way to go Sherry!!!!! (yes, that is my name:laugh: )
  • Calories: good but for some reason I am having a huge sweet tooth today and it is frustrating with bad sweets in my reach
    Exercise: 30 min on the elliptical
    Water: I drink 3 bottles of the deer park sport cap bottles...700ml...so equal to 2100ml...is that equal to 64oz? I am bad at math
    Proud: I am not quite giving into my sweet tooth...but the night isn't over :frown:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    You can do it, Macurry! Eat a yogurt instead. :wink:

Seriously, jlb: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Way to go! I know you feel GREAT about that compliment! :flowerforyou: I feel great FOR you! LOL

Here I go. Almost done with week two. The good thing about week two is that it can't ever be as bad as week one! :noway:

Cals: under, but I still have a birthday dinner to get through. Ugh. :drinker: And that little guy is NOT drinkin' water! LOL
    Exercise: One hour of dance with my dancers after school - actually, not a straight hour, so I guess I should really say only about 30 mins of dance and 30 of walking around watching them.
    Water: Got it all in whew
    Proud: I passed up Ruffles potato chips at lunch today!!! Never did that before in my entire life! :laugh:

I'm gonna say it, too: Way to go, Sherry! :happy:
    Welcome aries! You'll like it here. :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    You guys are all doing so awesome!

Calories: 1288... assuming I can resist what I believe will be and awesome angel food cake that I'm in the process of making :devil: Even if I can't, no big deal, I think it's going to have about 90 calories/slice.
    Exercise: 665 - 30 minutes stationary bike 40 minute brisk walk
    Water: At least 80 oz again
    Proud: I'm doing well this week. I'm proud I've gotten so far that someone other than my boyfriend really noticed to the point they had to say something to me. I'm proud that I kind of bonded with my supervisor in a way after I told her I had started running (she ran several half-marathons before she found out about her heart issues). :drinker:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Welcome Aries...so by your username, are you an "aries"...I ask cause I am :)

One of my major goals is to get under 250 by my bady april 18th.

Today;
    Cals - I didn't keep trakc, but ate pretty good. I had lunch at my 6 yr olds school, was really gross, but i had some just smaller snacks througout today..
    Exercise - zippo...didn't have a chance today since I went up to school with my daughter i usally do it at lunch.
    Water - none
    Proud - I am not sure ...iguess that I am very very stressed at work and not turning to food
This discussion has been closed.