Why do you work out?

Replies

• sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    I work out because not only does it give me something to do during the day but i feel lighter,stronger and hotter when I see my six pack coming in
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    I work out to be healthy and set a good example for my children. I don't want them to be lazy (and unhealthy) like I was for so long.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Because it makes me incredibly happy.

...no, seriously.
  • 912systems
    912systems Posts: 19 Member
    Despise it but I am sorta liking it.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Initially, to look good naked and prove to myself and others I could do it. Lately, it's to keep from choking the crap out of some of the "grown ups" in my life.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    I like how my mind relaxes afterward and how well I sleep that night. Exercise is the biggest stress buster there is.
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Because it makes me healthier and stronger.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    I want abs of steel.
  • Smilez22
    Smilez22 Posts: 19 Member
    For the physical reason, I want my body to look the best it possibly can, not just losing the weight, but on a more personal mental level, i love how I feel after I've worked out and when I don't honestly its like a dark cloud over my head! lol I just don't feel right anymore if I go long without exercising, it's become a part of my life now.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Because strong women are sexy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Because I love it, and to help get rid of all this fat so I can see my 6-pack! I love being able to do more, and do it longer!
  • Maureeeen
    Maureeeen Posts: 9
    Simple. It makes me feel good. :happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Working out makes me feel good! And it helps to get all this fat off my body.
  • I work out because I like to eat a bit more than the calories my body needs :) As much as I hate it, I get up early and get it done before going to work or else it won't get done during the day. However, I have read from good sources that it is cutting calories that really makes you lose weight and not so much the exercise. I tend to agree with that because when I just work out and not diet, the pounds don't dip at all. Now I'm so used to it, I feel strange when I don't work out.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    It is a great stress reliever and helps me sleep at night. Loving the shape my arms are getting from the push ups and my thighs from the lunges and squats.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    So I can eat more AND lose weight!
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    I work out to eat more lol I have only been on here for 2 days though :P
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    Not in any particular order . . .

to set a good example for my daughter (this is actually #1)
    so I can eat more (I like food, thats how I got fat)
    to look good naked (duh, right?)
    I want awesome girl muscles (muscles are hot)
    I get rid of all the garbage from my day when I am running (the garbage in my head)
    cowgirl (it's hotter if you look good while doing it)
  • nicolefrances1977
    nicolefrances1977 Posts: 24 Member
    I work out 1st to reduce stress. 2nd it helps with weight loss 3rd it is getting my body and shape. Lastly, I now just love to work out!:smile:
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Exercise is just another opportunity in life. An opportunity to see how far you can push yourself, to see how great you can be, and a shot for you to put your heart and soul into something. Its that positive attitude that that carries over into all aspects of your life for the better.In the end will you say " i lived and existed which was ok i guess" or " I gave it my all in anything worthwhile I did, and accomplished things I didnt think I was capable of"

Love this ^^^