HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Every single time!
    If one of us (for some odd reason) forgets to say it,
    we call back and say "eh emm forget something???"
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Did you ever see the movie "Reign Over Me" it somewhat drives the point home about this subject. When I was married yes... with my kids 99% of the time.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Not every phone call, but most of them. I am sure we don't need to remind each other of our love, but it is nice to hear it anyway. It doesn't get old to me, and I hope it doesn't for her. Depending on the situation of the phone call, it certainly does help to hear it at the end. However, we do not do the cutesy "no...I love you more- no you hang up" BS. That is just annoying lol.

We also do the occasional hand holding in public. Or the surprise back rub/butt slap/crotch grab while you are doing mundane tasks around the house. I always enjoy them, and feel it strengthens the relationship just as much as saying "I love you". In fact, that is what I take it as. A physical way of saying "I love you" without actually saying it.

As far as the inappropriate texting. That is like relationship gold. LOL i rarely find it, but when I do, I smile at the giant nugget of awesome.

Check your phone, sir. LOL

You guys are awesome :) My husband tells me a boob grab is the equivalent of a kiss....lmao he thinks he's funny....
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    We both do it. It felt strange for me at first to say it while at work (I grew up in Germany where you just don't do it) but now I wouldn't have it differently.

For really special occasions we say it in German :love:
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    :blushing: yes
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Not every phone call, but most of them. I am sure we don't need to remind each other of our love, but it is nice to hear it anyway. It doesn't get old to me, and I hope it doesn't for her. Depending on the situation of the phone call, it certainly does help to hear it at the end. However, we do not do the cutesy "no...I love you more- no you hang up" BS. That is just annoying lol.

We also do the occasional hand holding in public. Or the surprise back rub/butt slap/crotch grab while you are doing mundane tasks around the house. I always enjoy them, and feel it strengthens the relationship just as much as saying "I love you". In fact, that is what I take it as. A physical way of saying "I love you" without actually saying it.

As far as the inappropriate texting. That is like relationship gold. LOL i rarely find it, but when I do, I smile at the giant nugget of awesome.

Check your phone, sir. LOL

You guys are awesome :) My husband tells me a boob grab is the equivalent of a kiss....lmao he thinks he's funny....

My hubby and I are the same way!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

LMAO! my husband says the same... a boob grab or a smack on the butt.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Nope....:huh:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I do think it should be said and I tell my son every single day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesnt have to be over kill but at least once a day is great .
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I do and always have with my kids as well and they are 22 and 20. When my son was in the reserves and he would have to call me for some reason and I would say I love you you, he would say "yep" but had told me he couldn't say that in front of the other soldiwers because they would pick on him.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Err...no.

happy if it's anything but....die, hate you, f**k off, never call again.........
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. It really made a dramatic, positive impact on my relationship with my wife. In short, verbal affirmations (like saying "I love you" at the end of a phone call) aren't necessarily the best ways to communicate to someone that you love them. It all depends on the person.

That being said...I do still say it. :smile:
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    i do, but my boyfriend thinks it's ridiculous. i always say "what if something happens to you and we don't say 'i love you'?"
    men don't get it.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Do you tell your spouse "I love you" every time you hang up the phone with him/her?

Yes, and any other time I can get it in. It's important.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Nope, we hardly ever say it. We used to all the time when we were first married 9 years ago, but we just stopped saying it.

On special occassion cards we always write Love.....

It would almost be awkward to say it now after so many years of not saying it.

Don't know - odd I guess
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    Yep! I tell my spouse, my kids, my mom, sisters and brother every single time! You never know when it may be the last time. I try to make sure that everyone I love knows, without a doubt that I love them. Even when I'm mad at them I still love them.
  • mandiibayybee
    Options
    My hubby and I have been together over 4 years now. And we tell eachother everytime. You never know what might happen. And thefact that I truly do love him and he loves me. Why not express it.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    We do, and it's even written in our wedding vows lol

ETA: All of my kids say it all the time too..we are very lovey dovey and I really like that.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Nope, we hardly ever say it. We used to all the time when we were first married 9 years ago, but we just stopped saying it.

On special occassion cards we always write Love.....

It would almost be awkward to say it now after so many years of not saying it.

Don't know - odd I guess

Awkward? Really? I say try it :) if you mean it.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Time. :love: