Over 200 Club Losing it for the Holidays!!!(Open Group)

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I'm thinking a vodka & diet soda might be a lower calorie option, any other ideas?

diet coke & light rum, dry vodka martini (gin can't be too bad, either)

vodka & light rum are about 70 calories per ounce. A shot is 1.5 ounces, and I guess it depends on if your state is free pour or mini-bottle as to how much liquor the bartender actually puts in the drink so it's hard to judge.

I personally would log a short glass of rum/vodka & diet soda as 100 calories.

Another comparable option is light beer. If you hate most light beers like me, I've found one that I can stand and it has 97 calories for 12 oz -- that's Yuengling light. I think miller has one now that's 64 calories? I imagine it's pretty gross.

If you're drinking, keep in mind to drink a LOT of water! Alcohol is a diuretic and we all know that if you don't drink enough water the day before a night of drinking, you can wake up feeling pretty puny the next morning thanks to all the dehydration. I sometimes like to pace myself with a full glass of water between alcoholic beverages. That's what I did in college to keep from being hungover the next morning (doesn't keep you from still being drunk when you wake up though... :embarassed: :laugh: ).

I promise I'm not a lush (but maybe I used to be in college)!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    jlb123: no offense taken ... I am a cheese-a-holic. I did buy shredded cheddar the last time I was at the store ... which doesn't hold the same appeal to me as block cheese - and I have almost finished off my last block cheese now, so will be trying not to have it in the house. Last night I had both cheddar block cheese - but did manage to have just 2 oz (which believe me is better than I have done) .
    ... but then I also had some brie and roasted garlic ... the hard thing with brie is that it is my 15-yr old's latest favorite snack ... some brie and apple ... and I think that is pretty healthy for her, so I want to keep it around the house - but have to limit myself when I have some too.

rum and diet coke sounds good too ... that is a good idea to drink a water between every alcoholic drink. We won't have a very fun get away if I drink too much! :brokenheart:
  • Good Morning Girls,

It looks like everyone has been busy. I love to see all the post.

Zora, New day. Even if you did not do so well this week, aren't you doing better than last? Keep it up, do not give up.

aries, you really do exercise a lot if you have that many calories. I think as long as you are eating some of them it is fine. I would think (and this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt) That if you have over 3000 worth of calories each day, that eating 1500-1800 calories would be the least you should have. I would ask my doctor though to be sure.

jlb, you always have good advice thanks for sharing

awestfall, you beat your self up too much. You try too hard then get burned out. Slow down, take this one meal at a time. Slow and steady wins the race sister. We care about you and want to see you succeed. Okay?:flowerforyou:

snowflakes, love seeing you on here you always make me smile.

Stephanie, congrats on the advanced work out. :glasses: I am proud of you for working out instead of napping

To all my girls have a wonderful day. :heart: you guys, you are the best:flowerforyou:

Yes I do exercise a lot. I enjoy it and it is my stress relieve.....Today I didn't do as much but I still got in 70 minutes. And I push myself really hard when I go. I am eating between 1300 to 2000 calories a day....there is just no possible way I could eat all that MFP says I can....I am just not that hungry. I am going to discuss that with my DR when I go for my thyroid check on the 1st though. Thanks for the advice.
  • LittleSpy
    Another coworker just noticed & said something about my weight loss. I guess I'm finally at the point when people who don't know I'm trying are going to start noticing. :smile: I was getting impatient waiting for that to happen. But now that it's happening, I'm a little embarrassed. :blushing:
    I'm certainly glad I've lost enough to notice, but I've never been so good with compliments and attention. I'm certainly going to try to enjoy it though! :laugh:

Last weekend my boyfriend told me I look like I did when we met (4 years ago). I probably weighed 230 when we started dating so he's not too far off. The last couple of weeks, I've really been able to tell he likes what I'm doing here... :wink: :laugh: :blushing:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Good Morning Girls,

Zora, New day. Even if you did not do so well this week, aren't you doing better than last? Keep it up, do not give up.

aries, you really do exercise a lot if you have that many calories. I think as long as you are eating some of them it is fine. I would think (and this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt) That if you have over 3000 worth of calories each day, that eating 1500-1800 calories would be the least you should have. I would ask my doctor though to be sure.

awestfall, you beat your self up too much. You try too hard then get burned out. Slow down, take this one meal at a time. Slow and steady wins the race sister. We care about you and want to see you succeed. Okay?:flowerforyou:

Stephanie, congrats on the advanced work out. :glasses: I am proud of you for working out instead of napping

To all my girls have a wonderful day. :heart: you guys, you are the best:flowerforyou:

Yes I do exercise a lot. I enjoy it and it is my stress relieve.....Today I didn't do as much but I still got in 70 minutes. And I push myself really hard when I go. I am eating between 1300 to 2000 calories a day....there is just no possible way I could eat all that MFP says I can....I am just not that hungry. I am going to discuss that with my DR when I go for my thyroid check on the 1st though. Thanks for the advice.

I think your calorie range is fantastic. When I exercise tons (which is not that much lately) I would go up to 2000 and still lose weight. I am just too exausted to work out a ton. I get in between 30-60 minutes 5 days a week. I have been , really stressed trying to figure out what my 4 year old needs as well as keeping track of the other 3 children, plus do my daily duties, as well as my volunteer work. I think I might be getting sick. I am just drained. Sorry I had a 5 second pity party I am over it:cry::laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Calories, Yes
    exercise, yes
    water, no

I am proud that I exercised!!!!! I did not want to
  • Good Morning Girls,

I think your calorie range is fantastic. When I exercise tons (which is not that much lately) I would go up to 2000 and still lose weight. I am just too exausted to work out a ton. I get in between 30-60 minutes 5 days a week. I have been , really stressed trying to figure out what my 4 year old needs as well as keeping track of the other 3 children, plus do my daily duties, as well as my volunteer work. I think I might be getting sick. I am just drained. Sorry I had a 5 second pity party I am over it:cry::laugh:

It's ok I know how it is. I have to keep up six kids, my four classes, a husband, a house, and myself....not to mention our 8 pets....Yeah I totally get what you are saying :-)
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    My day was OK, minus the hangover! :mad:

Cals: under by 70
    Exercise: 25 minutes of the bike! :noway:
    Proud: see exercise! :happy:

Again, anxiety about weigh-in, but I just have to deal with it and keep going. :grumble:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    today went very well! :smile:

Calories.. did great
    Water.. drank my gallon
    Exercise 60 minutes
    Proud. I am proud that I did not fall back into my old ways and am sticking to this life style change
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Calories: Going over a little to celebrate (not too insane though, just a few extra)
    Water: NONE drank tea all day (I'll explain in the proud section)
    Exercise: Yes, went swimming for the very first time today since I joined the gym in August, follow by my Big Lose workout
    Proud: Today I did my final weigh in with my team (2 other people) collectively we lost 46 lbs in 8 weeks! We were all in the Big Lose contest at the gym. Our guy on the team came in 2nd of 19 people. I lost over 12lbs from the start AND I can slip my jeans off without unbuttoning them.... just like a pair of sweatpants! SOOOO COOL!
  • Stephanie08
    My day was OK, minus the hangover! :mad:

Cals: under by 70
    Exercise: 25 minutes of the bike! :noway:
    Proud: see exercise! :happy:

Again, anxiety about weigh-in, but I just have to deal with it and keep going. :grumble:

The fact that you exercised, even a little with a hangover, FANNNNTASTIC!
  • LittleSpy
    Calories: Will be 1331 (that darn pepper jack got to me again tonight but I'm still good)
    Exercise: 819 calories burned; 30 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes Couch25K
    Water: Over 100oz
    Proud: I am *so* proud that I was able to complete Week 1 Day 1 of Couch25K tonight. I had no idea I would actually be able to do it since I haven't ever been able to before. I had started working toward it when I got my treadmill a couple weeks ago and then took about a week off from running because my body told me to. Then tonight I decided to give it a go and I did it. :happy:

I know the running may mess up my weigh-in in the morning (muscles retaining water) but I don't even care! I'm so happy!
  • Calories: Going over a little to celebrate (not too insane though, just a few extra)
    Exercise: Yes, went swimming for the very first time today since I joined the gym in August, follow by my Big Lose workout
    Proud: Today I did my final weigh in with my team (2 other people) collectively we lost 46 lbs in 8 weeks! We were all in the Big Lose contest at the gym. Our guy on the team came in 2nd of 19 people. I lost over 12lbs from the start AND I can slip my jeans off without unbuttoning them.... just like a pair of sweatpants! SOOOO COOL!

Congrats! I remember when I lost that much weight....hopefully I can do that can continue to lose more and have it stay off
  • Calories: 1474 and I still had 745 left today....
    Exercise: Yep 70 minutes total....not as good as most days for me but still better than I used to do
    Water: I forgot to keep track but I know I drank at least 5 20 oz bottles maybe more....it was a busy day
    Proud: That I went to the gym and that I completed a drawing in class ( I usually run out of class time before they are finished)

184643.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

SW:230
    CW:225
    GW:150
  • Calories: Going over a little to celebrate (not too insane though, just a few extra)

It is soooo cool to be able to do that. I was able to do that the other night with my biggest pair of jeans and of course had to come out and show hubby!!!!! LOL
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    ok.. so imagine my surprise since I felt I did not work out near as hard as I could have this week. I mixed in some strength training and yoga and did less cardio.. But, I lost 3lbs this week instead the 2 I have been loosing the previous weeks! Whoo HOO.. :happy: That gives me a 1.06% loss this week! I am just so damn happy right now! I just hope I can keep this up for Turkey week!

I will check back in later as the day progresses! Got to go and drink some water I am parched this morning :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    Well, last week, my scale was frustratingly consistent. This morning, however, it couldn't decide how much it wanted to tell me I weigh. It gave me a variety of weights from 239.4 to 240.4.
    So, to be fair and to not set myself up for disappointment next week, I'm couting the 240.4 today. :wink: I was pretty stoked to see 239.anything though.

So -
    jlb123- SW 270/GW 150/LW 243.8/CW 240.4 = -3.4lbs = 1.39% loss

I'm 25% of the way to my goal weight! :noway: :bigsmile:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    This week is another bummer...I haven't been on track though so i am not supposed.

I was 297.8 this week...i don't remember what i was last week cause I was thinking it would go back down ..it hadn't...so i have updated my ticker to go back down to only 12 lbs loss :sad: :sad: :sad:

SO 2 weeks ago i was like 295.4, i hadn't exercised that much or kept track of my cals too much some days think on target some others wayyyyyy off. I am having a real tough time at work and it is just draining me....worked all day yesterday , then worked last night then got up at 4:30 and worked more...i have lots of deadlines and it is just killing me...I want to do this i just got to keep on track.I know thanksgiving will be not a good thing for me, but we will see...I am not going to deprive my self but trying not to overdo it either....I am going to try eat good and exercise...we will see how that goes.

I am proud though even i am struggling right now i am not totally giving up...in years past i would say let me just stop dieting and eating right until after the holidays, then i would gained everything back cause i would over enduldge...I am not doing that this year...i may have setbacks...but I WILL NOT BE BACK OVER 300....I REFUSE!!!!!!!!!
  • Stephanie08
    Congrats! I remember when I lost that much weight....hopefully I can do that can continue to lose more and have it stay off

Thank you for the the well wishes! I can and will do it too, keep up with the group and we'll be here to support ya.
  • LittleSpy
    I know thanksgiving will be not a good thing for me, but we will see...I am not going to deprive my self but trying not to overdo it either....I am going to try eat good and exercise...we will see how that goes.

(Warning -- Enter psychology major :laugh: )

Deb, have you ever heard the term "self-fulfilling prophecy?"
    To put it in regular terms, it's a prediction that (directly or indirectly) causes itself to become reality.
    STOP DOING THAT! :laugh: :wink:

You seriously need to think positively. If you're already saying "Oh, Thanksgiving is going to be bad for me"... well then, YES, it IS going to be bad. But it doesn't have to be! You'll just end up making it that way because right now you're so sure it's going to be that way.

I'm not going to have any problems at Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm going to take in more calories than usual. That's okay. That's ONE day. I'm going to eat breakfast. I'm going to exercise before I make the trip to my mom & stepdad's house. I'm going to bring a low calorie dessert with me. I'm going to eat a snack on the way so I'm not starving when I get there. I'm going to put a small amount of everything I want to eat on my plate. I'm going to sit down with a tall glass of water. I'm going to focus on enjoying the company of my family rather than the food and I'm going to eat slowly. I'm going to only eat 2nds if I'm actually hungry. I'm going to have a *reasonable* amount of dessert. And THEN, I'm going to take my family full of fatties for a WALK! :laugh:

See? It's easy! You can do this!
This discussion has been closed.