Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hey Buds,
    just finished level 2 day 6 and got throught the 1st circut of BFBM - I could have done more .....i think, LOL, but it's already 830 and havent eaten dinner yet! I really like the format of BFBM - you can tailor it to select the circuts you want to do or you can do the entire thing. You can also turn off Jillians instructions and just have the music. Pretty cool. I will probably try to incorporate it a few circuts at a time to go w/ 30 day, then try that for a while, and back to 30 day. I am really seeing results with this shred - it's amazing. So far this is the very 1st work out dvd i've done where i've actually followed the directions:laugh: !! I haven't lost a ton of weight or anything but I can tell the inches are dropping - Sat is my check in day and i will make myself wait to measure then.

Smiles - You're scaring me about level 3 :wink: ! I can't believe how arrogant I waas to think "hmmm, maybe I should just start out at level 3 since I've been doing TJ and FIRM...." NOT!!!! Level 2 is finally starting to feel reasonable, at least I'm not draaaaging when I get up from the squat jax...just dripping with sweat:laugh:
    Maix - I'm with you ~ would love to be able to follow Natalie all the way though ~We're working on it!
    Hang in there with your classes ~ you can do it!
    Jenners - great job getting through the raises, doesn't it feel good to see yourself improve!!

Love to all i missed!!

Janet:heart:

You're such a ray of sunshine in here... :) Sorry for scaring you about level 3..... honestly, I think you'll be able to tackle it head on, with great success, as long as you keep your momentum going. I'm pretty surprised how much strength I feel like I lost from taking a 5 day break (then again, I was sick,so my body was kinda zapped). I did level 2 again and even THAT seemed hard, and I had to go back down to the 3 lb weights.... but I'm guessing if I force myself to stick with it, I'll be feeling ready to move to level 3 again by next week.

Amanda - funny that we both had the same experience - glad I'm not alone. What's your target date for moving up to 3 (and doing all 3 circuits? he he he)

Oh yeah - I also went for a short walk with the pup today and did Jillian's cardio kickboxing (25 mins) before I attempted today's shred... just trying to get back in the flow.
  • jenners22
    Options
    I really needed this workout today. I ate like crap today and by the time "exercise time" came around, I was just ready to crawl into bed and say forget it! But I put on my workout clothes and tennis shoes and then I felt a little better. Now I am sitting down at my computer typing this, still coming down off my endorphine high from Level One. Ohhhh, it feels amazing! My muscles are twitching and my head is slightly light feeling. I lost both my workout buddies, from one excuse to the next, and I just got sick of it. I was really upset at first because they were both like "yeah, I gotta do something because I'm almost 230 pounds or I'm almost 320 pounds" So I thought they would be as motivated as I am because when I started I was 260...right in the middle of them. But nope, they are succuming to their excuses.

So I am in it for the long run. Long Live Jillian Michaels, Long Live Jenni!
  • conniec13
    Options
    30 Day Shred is amazing. I just started it today and was really impressed with the workout and Jillians coaching style. It cracked me up though because it's like she knew when I was thinking about taking a break! ha ha

Scary how she knows, must be the same spot for everyone....

:bigsmile: 288730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • conniec13
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last week. My legs hurt so bad that I wasn't able to sit right or walk right for 3 days. I'm going to try doing this again and hopefully will have a different outcome. I'll let you know what happens.
    Connie
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit this but I bought the Shred DVD like 2 months ago, used it one and put it away...you all have motivated me to dust it off and actually use it Thanks!!
  • iheartjillian
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of the Level 1. I am motivated to do this but it helps to know there are others out there suffering with me! :)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I really needed this workout today. I ate like crap today and by the time "exercise time" came around, I was just ready to crawl into bed and say forget it! But I put on my workout clothes and tennis shoes and then I felt a little better. Now I am sitting down at my computer typing this, still coming down off my endorphine high from Level One. Ohhhh, it feels amazing! My muscles are twitching and my head is slightly light feeling. <<Oh h#!! yes,,, that's how we do it!>>

I lost both my workout buddies, from one excuse to the next, and I just got sick of it. I was really upset at first because they were both like "yeah, I gotta do something because I'm almost 230 pounds or I'm almost 320 pounds" So I thought they would be as motivated as I am because when I started I was 260...right in the middle of them. But nope, they are succuming to their excuses. <<They made their choices, you've made yours. If this was easy we'd all have washboard abs>>.

Outstanding, very well done, you rock honey. It's good to let the beast out just a little every once in a while, isn't it?!?! Long Live Jenni indeed.

I tried it for the first time last week. My legs hurt so bad that I wasn't able to sit right or walk right for 3 days. I'm going to try doing this again and hopefully will have a different outcome. I'll let you know what happens.
    Connie
    Go Connie! Perfectly normal, that's how it starts. You'll get stronger, you'll toughen up to it. You'll feel like a bouncy ball in a couple of weeks and it'll be amazing. Stick with it, A day off to recuperate is Ok, but you don't want to skip weeks at a time. As Jillian says, "We want to push your body and force it to adapt - that's how change happens, that's how you get stronger". One workout every 2 weeks is not going to force your body to adapt. If you have to lighten the load, modify some of the moves, even sit out half of each exercise, that's Ok. For some people it's the "60 day shred", or even "90 day shred",,, and that's Ok too.

As long as you don't quit you don't lose, as long as you don't quit the game isn't over. You can do it.

Something very cool is about to happen to you. :-)

Oh yeah, my progress. Shred level 2 again this morning (+ 30 min's elliptical and about 1/2 my weights routine). Gonna try level 3 this weekend. Honestly have no idea how many days of shredding at this point, and don't really care. Still thinking of moving to P90X after turkey day.
  • jenners22
    Options
    I did my workout early today, I usually workout at night because it helps me sleep SOOOOO well...but I am going out tonight so I did the workout this morning.

It's weird exercising in the morning, but I pulled my blinds closed and went to town. Burned 522 calories on Level One...AWESOME!
  • jennlabori
    Options
    im happy i found this topic i just first working out on day 1 on of the workout dvd last week i tried it and i couldnt really do but i'm glad to see everybody else has done it so i can as well..
  • conniec13
    Options
    I really needed this workout today. I ate like crap today and by the time "exercise time" came around, I was just ready to crawl into bed and say forget it! But I put on my workout clothes and tennis shoes and then I felt a little better. Now I am sitting down at my computer typing this, still coming down off my endorphine high from Level One. Ohhhh, it feels amazing! My muscles are twitching and my head is slightly light feeling. <<Oh h#!! yes,,, that's how we do it!>>

I lost both my workout buddies, from one excuse to the next, and I just got sick of it. I was really upset at first because they were both like "yeah, I gotta do something because I'm almost 230 pounds or I'm almost 320 pounds" So I thought they would be as motivated as I am because when I started I was 260...right in the middle of them. But nope, they are succuming to their excuses. <<They made their choices, you've made yours. If this was easy we'd all have washboard abs>>.

Outstanding, very well done, you rock honey. It's good to let the beast out just a little every once in a while, isn't it?!?! Long Live Jenni indeed.

Go Connie! Perfectly normal, that's how it starts. You'll get stronger, you'll toughen up to it. You'll feel like a bouncy ball in a couple of weeks and it'll be amazing. Stick with it, A day off to recuperate is Ok, but you don't want to skip weeks at a time. As Jillian says, "We want to push your body and force it to adapt - that's how change happens, that's how you get stronger". One workout every 2 weeks is not going to force your body to adapt. If you have to lighten the load, modify some of the moves, even sit out half of each exercise, that's Ok. For some people it's the "60 day shred", or even "90 day shred",,, and that's Ok too.

As long as you don't quit you don't lose, as long as you don't quit the game isn't over. You can do it.

Something very cool is about to happen to you. :-)

Oh yeah, my progress. Shred level 2 again this morning (+ 30 min's elliptical and about 1/2 my weights routine). Gonna try level 3 this weekend. Honestly have no idea how many days of shredding at this point, and don't really care. Still thinking of moving to P90X after turkey day.

Thanks for the inspiration. What is P90X? I hear alot of people talking about it and can't seem to find out much about it.
    Connie
  • CasperO
    Options
    P90X is another series of workout videos, plus a diet plan (that I'll mostly ignore). It's very challenging, uses a lot of different exercises. Builds strength & stamina,,, I'm almost ready to try it. It'll get me thru Dec/Nov/Jan,,, :-)

Info here: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM
  • conniec13
    Options
    I did it!!!!!!! I just completed my first 30 day shred workout. I had to modify it abit, but I got through it. My legs are burning, but I think I'll be ok. Casper thanks for the motivation to do it. Let me know how that P90X workout is.
    Connie
  • CasperO
    Options
    Cool,,, you're gonna feel that in the morning. :-)

Now,,, get a nice hot bath and soak those sore gams tomorrow morning, and when you feel up to it, try to do it again. If you need a day off take a day off - that's Ok too,,, but if you can just get up and get started tomorrow afternoon you'll be surprised how it kicks in and gets rocking and feels kinda cool.

You're on your way.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I did it!!!!!!! I just completed my first 30 day shred workout. I had to modify it abit, but I got through it. My legs are burning, but I think I'll be ok. Casper thanks for the motivation to do it. Let me know how that P90X workout is.
    Connie

Connie - great job! I don't know if you've read back in this thread, but I went through the same thing you did - couldn't walk without pain for days afterward! Once I got back to "normal" I dove back in, this time, doing the modifications (following anita). It helped A LOT. You'll be feeling strong and powerful in no time, just keep with it! Glad you joined us.

Jenn - I love your spirit - good for you - keeping on FOR YOU! It's a shame your workout buddies bailed - but you've got support here... and you can do this, day by day.

This thread is pretty motivating for me... I logged on not feeling like exercising, but now I'm ready to put the shoes on and hit it - today's a run day, then the shred. (Level 2 again). I'll report back in.
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just got this yesterday...and will be starting tomorrow (have plans tonight)...
    Kinda nervous but- you guys talked me into it :D
  • conniec13
    Options
    This thread is pretty motivating for me... I logged on not feeling like exercising, but now I'm ready to put the shoes on and hit it - today's a run day, then the shred. (Level 2 again). I'll report back in.
    [/quote]

I got so motivated after doing the workout, I went for a walk too.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Friday Shredders!!
    Yay!! Did level 2 day 7 + 20 min TJ and today level 2 day 8 is already in the bag, WOO HOO!! Something on for tonight - not sure what yet - either BFBM (might give the whole dvd a go) or some yoga. This week has really been a push for me. 2 day in a row I missed my AM w/o and had to wait til after work to "get r done" to stay on track. I really feel so much better when I can get my work done early!

Got to get back, duty calls!

Will check in later,
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Um, Janet... you're a machine! What's the TJ you're talkin about?

I did level 2 again today (day 2 of restart - I was up to day 10 when I took 5 days off). Just curious ... should I plan for another 10 days at level 2 before moving up to 3?

I have to admit to small cheats when I was doing it... before I did the shred, I did Jillian's cardio kickbocking (about 20 mins) and did day one of Gateway to 8K... I thought I had enough cardio in, so I totally skipped it in the 3rd circuit and rested:bigsmile: But then I thought about "you get out of it what you put into it" and I felt a little guilty. Not THAT guilty, just a little. :wink:

Hope you all are doing well.... planks be with you. :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday Shredders,
    Ok I actually did the entire BFBM dvd when I got home last nite and I ws calling Jillian a B*&%# towards the end....but in the nicest of ways:laugh: A really good workout, some of the exercises are familiar a la 30 day shred, some of them are kickboxing ( which I love) and others are just insanity!! I will make this one a part of my routine b/c it really kicks butt and I like the way I feel afterwards.

Day 9 at level 2 done + 20min TJ (Turbo Jam 20min) so far. Planning on 35min of BL yoga before bed.
    I don't think I will ever quit doing TJ b/c I love the music and you get your heart rate up there w/ all of the kick boxing moves - the set I have has dvds varying in length from 20min - 50min ... can we say cardio , cardio, cardio and a lot of fun!!
    Smiles - you crack me up!! I love to read your posts. for your question imho , i think you should listen to your body, get back in the swing for a couple of days then go for it. Pushing yourself forces you to change - at least that's what Jillian says!! If i'm a machine i'm probably one w/ a lot of mileage:wink: I'm 47 and I'm just and so tired of getting close to where i want to be, throwing in the towel and blaming somebody or "circustances" for my not reaching my goals. I'm really ready to see a difference in my life - not just on the outside but on the inside too ( which I really think is more important):wink:

Connie - Glad you're checking in - we need you! Keep trying day by day, the pain will lessen and you'll see and feel yourself getting stronger. You can do it!!
    Jenn - Good for you for not giving up on yourself even though your pals (temporarily) lost their desire. They'll be back and you have us. We'll carry each other through and keep encouraging each other to make healthy, positive change in our lives:drinker:

Saturday stuff now calling my name, Will check back later. Love to all I missed!

May the planks be with you,
  • conniec13
    Options
    I felt good today since doing the 30 day shred yesterday, I was quite surprised. My shoulders are still a little achy, but I was still able to walk my 2.5 miles. Didn't do a real workout today, just unpacked some boxes and moved some furniture around the house today. Tomorrow is just walking day, maybe some more cleaning, I have alot of homework due for Monday and alot of baking to prep for this week. Its funny how I seem to make an apple pie that everybody loves except me...I hate apple pie. At least that won't be a temptation for me this week.
    Connie