What are you currently reading??

Replies

• anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and Under the Dome.
  • anels449
    I'm reeeeally looking forward to Patrick Rothfuss's books being delivered (in hard copy). A friend lent me 'Name of the Wind' (the 2nd book in the triology' to fill in an hour or so I had to kill. I read about 100 pages and now I'm really hooked and I want more!

If you like books like George R R Martin's Game of Thrones series, you'll love this one. Different type of world/plot/characters etc and slightly better writing.

Ahhh!!!!!!!!! *squeal*

You're a fan of Patrick Rothfuss???? That's fantastic!!! He's an awesome guy! I'm a horrible person for not reading his stuff yet, but he actually lives in my town and spoke at my graduation. When I worked at the bookstore here, I worked with him on getting a huge order for one of his seminar's together. That's so awesome hearing that someone is a fan of his work!!! :D
  • anels449
    Beat lit! Ginsburg, Burroughs, Kerouac and Snyder. Some good stuff in there

Oooh very nice! I had to take a Major Authors class a couple years ago, and it was Kerouac and Ferlinghetti. Looooved it. I also took a Beat Generation class by the same professor and loved it even more. Actually, one of my tattoos was inspired by that class. :)
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    I LOVE my kindle!!! Currently on the last book of the hunger games trilogy then moving onto 50 shades of grey :tongue:
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Dominic Gill - Take a seat

It's about a guy who took a tandem bike and traveled from Anchorage, Alaska to Patagonia in a little over 2 years, giving lifts to strangers in the process
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    The Harry Potter series - a lil late I know...
    Anything by Dean Koontz is great!
    For Women Only
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Fifty Shades of Grey... 25 pages in and I'm already hooked! One of my co-workers said "ohh you just wait" with a smirk on her face. I'm SO excited to get reading this book. Need some "excitement" in my life! :wink: :blushing:
  • MrUgly
    MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
    'A Mighty Fortress', Book 3 of the Safehold series by David Weber
    'The Honor of the Queen' Book 2 of the Honor Harrington series by David Weber
    and
    'Grave Peril', Book 3 of the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.

It sort of depends what room I'm in or if I'm on the train.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    50 Shades darker.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Jo Nesbo - The Leopard
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Mirror Mirror- Gregory McGuire
    A Game of Thrones- George RR Martin
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    just finished the fifty shades trilogy ... i liked it even if others dont.

Just started The Night Circus..

If anyone can reccomend any other good trilogies please do so.. im into action ( i have just read hunger games soo good).. girly romance...magic... anything with a gripping story !
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    in the dark - Richard Laymon. awesome so far
  • AmieB5
    AmieB5 Posts: 6 Member
    I am reading "Mortal" by Ted Dekker, I just finished his "Forbidden" book! Enthralling to say the least! In the last 6 months I've read 9 actual books and countless iBooks, Kindle books, and WattPad books! Reading is an obsession of mine, and I tell you this post immediately got my eye! Thanks!!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    smut
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    "then can't wait to dive into Fifty Shades of Grey for me :blushing

My wife has that one ordered. I'm looking forward to her reading it!"

50 Shades of Grey Trilogy for me too - and yeah, umm my husband is also enjoying it!! LOL
  • nt591
    nt591 Posts: 7 Member
    The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
    God is not Great - Christopher Hitchens

Guess how I feel...
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    the second book of fifty shades of....
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Anything by Dean Koontz is great!

I LOVE Dean Koontz!! His books go so fast! :smile:
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    The Night Circus....next 50 Shades of Grey for the book club.