Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Didnt do one single push-up this week....really need to get my butt into gear and start exercising again!! Managed the other challenges though :-)

My weigh in is 152.6 this week....only a 0.2lb loss AGAIN!

I've lowered my calories as this 0.2lbs a week for the last 3 weeks is killing me!! I'm well behind on the challenge, think it'll be tricky for me to reach my goal of 141 by the end of August. I will try my best though!! No more parties planned and I'm off the alcohol again. Time to step it up a notch! xx
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! And Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!
    My weight this AM was 210.6

I spent all last week with my grandkids, going places and doing new things with them.
    I started tracking fiber, but saw the dr. yesterday and he said I need to track calcium. So good bye
    fiber and hello Calcium.

We won't mention pushups.... maybe this week???

This weeks challenge 8 cups of water - I didn't do well on this one last time, but I bought myself a 32 ounce water bottle and a 32 ounce Dasani which I refill and add Crystal Light. My new rule is can't drink anything with sweetener in it until I've had at least 64 ounces of plain water. Yesterday worked really well had 18 or 19 glasses by the end of the day.

I'll think I'll work more on my arms this week. I bought one of those shaker weights.

I'm doing well overall on the challenge, just need to concentrate more on the three non-weight challenges to get things right.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My Summer Challenge week 5 results:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Week 1 - 6/5: 157
    Week 2 - 6/12: 155.5
    Week 3 - 6/19: 153.5
    Week 4 - 6/26: 152.5

Week 5 - 7/3: 151.5 (down 1 pound!)

Challenge GW:143 (total 6.5 lbs. lost toward goal since start of challenge, 8.5 lbs. to go!)

week 5 additional challenges:
    1) I managed to do 50 push ups during the week, but only 10 of them were straight legged and I didn't quite get as close to the ground as I should have, the rest were bent legged. I've really got to work on those.
    2) I was paying closer attention to my carbohydrates this week. I stayed at or under goal for 5 out of 7 days, not as good as I hoped, but better than I've done in the past.
    3) I shared time with my teenage sons this week when we worked together on a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle and two 500 piece jigsaw puzzles!

This coming week should be a real challenge for me -- we're having house guests for 4 days and a 4th of July cookout. Weeks like this are usually very bad for keeping up with healthy eating and exercise!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    June results:
    - Lost 5lbs not 6(like I had hoped for)

6/5/2012204lbs (-1) 5lbs to go for June
    6/12/2012 204lbs (-1lb)
    6/19/2012: 203.5lbs (-1.5lbs) 4.5lbs to go
    6/26/2012: 201lbs (-2.5lbs) 2lbs to go for June (Can it be done?)
    6/30/2012 200lbs (-1lb)
    GW:199lbs Actual weight: 200lbs (1lb shy) :grumble:

July Goal: 194 / Summer goal 189 by 8/30

Will be drinking 8 -10 glasses of water a day
    Will be working on my back, have been neglecting that area, which is surprising because that is where the back fat is. and The back fat must die!!!!lol
    So far during this challenge I have lost 5lbs and have 11 more to go to reach my goal of 189 by August 30th. I have also become more aware of the fact that my diet contains way too many sugars and sodium. So I have to get that in check so I can reach my goal successfully. Thanx so much for this challenge. It is really putting things in perspective for me. I would really love to be one of the biggest losers for the week at some point.lol
  • bobby172
    bobby172 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cw 163.6
  • kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CW - 214.8

Water- check
    Trouble Spot - check

This challenge is great, it reminds me to check-in/weigh-in. I love that you incorporate something non weight-loss related in each challenge. Sometimes it's so easy to forget that you still have a life outside of dieting and working out that you have to pay attention to. =) Thanks Elizabeth!!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!
    So far I am really liking this challenge. My weight went down again! My weight today is 168.7.
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    CW: 136
    GW: 129

Water: I am horrible with drinking water. I have been trying to remember tho!
    This challenge is going pretty well. I'm not doing so well with the goal I set for myself, but that is only because I went from having my calories set to lose 1 lb/week to .5lb/week, so that doesn't bother me. :)
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    - Challenge yourself to 50 PUSH-UPS for the week (if 50 is too easy for you or isn't practical, pick a more achievable but still challenging goal)
    6/29 20 pushups

- Pick one of your NUTRIENTS that you track and have difficulty with and work at getting better at hitting goals/staying under maximums
    I keep going over my Fat. I will work on staying under or just at my Fat limit.
    Stayed under 6/28
    it was a bad week :(

- Share some time with SOMEONE YOU LOVE
    Spending time with my Fiancé!! Finally got to spend a nice night with him <3

my last weigh in was 163.4
    Today my weigh in is 165 :(
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    had a tough week with motivation..didnt manage to work out at all. Going to try my hardest to get back to the gym this week!!

SW 214
    6/5 208
    6/12 207.9

6/19 206.8

Happy with a pound since i didnt do anything to deserve the loss! better luck with this weeks challenges!

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!

weigh in time....

6/26 205.9
    Down another pound

Did ok on challenges this past week. Had dinner at home all week and pampered myself by spending the day at beach. these past 2 weeks i have been awful with working out and i know thats why i havent had a big loss. tomorrow im starting the gym again..i have 2 weeks before i go away on vacation for a couple of days so im going to try my hardest to push myself every day! Good luck with this weeks challenges!!

21 more pounds to go before August 28th!

i need to seriously get my butt to the gym!! i have been awful about working out ...mainly lack of motivation but it has seriously been soo hot where i live..not that is a real excuse because the gym is indoors!!! i started out real strong with the challenge and although i am losing the weight very very very slowly i know i can do better and push myself harder which i plan to do! i leave for vacation next wednesday for a long weekend so im going to do everything in my power to try and hit the gym every day this week. i really do enjoy this challenge..it helps me make better choices in my diet because i know i have to check in! so heres to a new week with new challenges and a new more motivated frame of mind!!!! Good luck everyone!!

no real difference in weight...

SW 214
    6/5 208
    6/12 207.9
    6/19 206.8
    6/26 205.9

7/3 205.5

GW (for challenge) 184

only 8 more weeks for this challenge and i know we can do this!!!

• jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    SW: 185
    W1: 186
    W2: 183.6
    W3: 182.1
    W4: 182.4

CW: 181.5 ( down this week!!!!)

GW: 170
  • abby1176
    abby1176 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    CW: 146.2
    GW: 135

So I gained but I lost inches. I am very frustrated but trying to stay positive and not bail on this whole challenge. I sometimes feel that everytime I get to around this weight, I just can't lose anymore without starving myself (which I won't do). I am within my calories everyday and I am doing at least 30-45 minutes of exercise each day. I guess it will just take time.

Challenges - I did 30 push ups a day (they were the modified ones though). I paid closer attention to my fat grams - I never seem to hit them all. I added avocados this week to my salads to help.
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Checking in this week at 142lb, down 1 lb from last week. I did well with the challenges, although the 50 pushups were all done in one day as part of a boot camp work out I went to. I did ok on the sodium intake, but I know it is something I need to consistently stay on top of. I certainly got to spend some quality time with my boyfriend this week. I really think that as I continue on this weightloss journey and become happier with myself that our relationship keeps getting stronger...and for that I want to thank everyone who has helped support me this far and I look forward to continuing on the journey with you all! Here's to another good week :bigsmile:
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    SW= 196 lbs
    Wi1= 193.6 lbs
    Wi2= 192.6 lbs
    Wi3= 189.4 lbs
    Wi4= 190.4 lbs
    Wi5= 187.8 lbs

Loss this week = 2.6 lbs

Total Loss so far = 8.2
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SW: 136
    CW 132.8

Stayed the same...frustrating! Started 30 DS last week,currently on day 7. So, I definitely got my push-ups in!
    I could have done a lot better job on eating though. Good week, bad weekend. Plus, I need to add more cardio in additon to Jillian kicking my butt!
    Best of luck to all! Happy 4th! Skip those hamburger/hotdogs buns tomorrow!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SW= 196 lbs
    Wi1= 193.6 lbs
    Wi2= 192.6 lbs
    Wi3= 189.4 lbs
    Wi4= 190.4 lbs
    Wi5= 187.8 lbs

Loss this week = 2.6 lbs

Total Loss so far = 8.2

Great Job! Slow & Steady wins the race!:flowerforyou:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm back from camping, and weight is up to 154.4. That's what u get for no excericse and eating burgers, hotdogs, and drinking beer all weekend. lol

Will get back at counting calories today. Hope to at least get 30 min on treadmill at some point today. Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to catch up on the posts later today.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 183! Finally!A two pound loss after maintaining for what seems like forever!
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 196.4
    No change from last week, but I'm thankful I didn't gain.
    I did not exercise near as much as I needed, but we are leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and I have been super busy preparing and packing.

But, while on vacation, I will do my best to log my food and I will be getting a ton of exercise walking around Disneyland and SeaWorld and playing on the beach with my kiddos!

Great job to you all! Keep up the good work!
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

NEW CHALLENGES:
    - Drink at least 8 cups of WATER a day. Try to increase it even more if you can!
    - Work on a part of your BODY that you've neglected more than others.
    - Check in: How is this challenge going for you so far?

Didn't do as well as I wanted. Stayed the same. Stress is a killer for weight loss.
    Worked on eating more protein last week. Will keep it up. (Love those carbs)
    Enjoyed special time with my husband.
    Didn't eat out at all.

6/4/2012----SW
    6/5/2012----CW
    6/12/2012---CW
    6/19/2012---CW
    200 Yay didn't think I lost any but for me 1 pound is good.
    6/26/2012....CW........199 Happy dance. Under 200. Hope it stays there.
    7/03/2012....CW........199 No happy dance this week. Hope to catch up next week. Darn it's slow.

GW
    187 by the End of August.

I was looking at the top 5 and top 10 losses for last week. You top ones are doing an amazing job.:drinker: