torturing your children...

Options

Replies

• TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    This isn't a punishment--just my idea of good fun, but if there was a sprinkler hanging out in the road I would put their window down, locking it on my side and drive as close to the sprinkler as I could giving them a good "rinse" right in the kisser and laugh and laugh and laugh! My grown daughter says I'm the only mother with children who have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from sprinklers. My 26-year-old son says even now when he drives by them he starts blinking. My oldest son has vowed that when I'm old he plans to pick me up from the home, park me next to the nearest sprinkler and leave me there! So, just remember parents--take it from Ginging--don't do anything that will come back to bite you later! :noway:
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this one. Gotta try it on my son.
    If I see my son peed outside the toilet ( as most males do ) I make him clean it. Then mop. Also he has to lower the seat. One day my future daughter in law will thank me!

I don't know what kind of males you are accustomed to in your life, but NO, we don't all pee outside the toilet. That's just nasty.

Thank you. I appreciate you defending your fellow males in this instance. But rest assured, I'm sure when this boy grows up, he will have enough complexes and insecurities that he probably won't come around anymore. Payback can be grand.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    One year the kids were not takin care of their video games. I was already tired of it. I went to the check out system for awhile. Then one day they took a whole portfolio, that held almost all their games, out of the house and "lost it." (Found out a few years later it was left in the rain and they didnt want to admit it). They didn't get a game system again for another year and a half. Since then, they have not only paid for their own game systems, which I'm clear that I still own rights over it, but I refuse to buy another game. They have to save up for every game they own or get them from others as gifts. I don't buy them as gifts either.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    I like to pick on my son. it's a frat house in here, so he's just one of the boys.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My children (3 year old twins) HATE, HATE, HATE it when I count... giving them a short time frame to do something in. I give them a chance to follow direction, and if they dont within a reasonable amount of time, I start the countdown. The faster I count, the faster they move. I like to experiement with speed. They always scream "NO!! DON'T COUNT, MAMA!!" as they are scrambling. Lol. I love to see how fast they can move.

OMG! I always thought that was so weird, my twins too (they are 6 now).

They HATE it!!! lol...
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My girls are grown up now (18 & 22) but my hubby still likes to torture them. His favorite is to bellow their name in a "you're in so much trouble" kind of voice and when they come running to see what they did wrong he smiles and says "just wanted you to know I love you". He also likes to sneak up and scare our youngest because she's a screamer and it amuses him. He actually made her pee her pants once when her and her best friend were dancing around with the music blaring and we just got home. He snuck up right behind her. Luckily she doesn't require therapy yet! LOL
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My four and five year old have to clean up the dog poop in the yard - every day! I also make them read every day and practice tying shoes. I certainly must be the devil!

YES! This is the WORST punishment I can lay down on my 10 yr old son. You would think I've asked him to cut off his own arm or something! He's actually volunteered in the past to skip tv/not play with his ds/ipod instead of cleaning the doo-doo - that's how you know that's it's an effective punishment - LOL!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I have a 3yr old boy and I love love love this topic...It really gives me some great ideas of things to do b/c I am pretty lenient with him, I was way more strict with my now 19yr old son and he is a very good young man and I am so proud of him but for some reason (maybe it's old age..lol) I let my 3yr old get away with so much more than I let my oldest when he was young...

I really need to follow some of these rules that you all have put on here to start using with my youngest...Especially no TV or certain shows or take away his cars - Those are his favorite things...

I am saving this to my favorites for future reference and I am sure I will be reading this more as time passes...lol

You got to teach them while they are young to be respectful and responsible b/c it's too late once they reach a certain age!!!

So thank you to all who share your rules b/c they will come in handy for me at least in the very near future!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    My daughter is 17 and my son is 14. When they don't do the small chores required of them I unhook the satellite and internet connections. Gets the point across in a hurry!

I also like to sing to embarrass them. One of my son's least favorites is when I belt out my rendition of "Sexy and I know it!"
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I used to have trouble waking up in the morning when I was a teenager. My mom tried a variety of different tactics to get me out of the bed. She turned on the light, I'd pull the covers over my head to block it out. She'd sprinkle cold water on my face, but it didn't phase me. She'd pull the covers off onto the floor, I'd just roll over and curl up into the fetal position. Finally, she discovered that I find early morning cheerfulness VERY annoying, so around 5:30am, she'd start singing at the top of her lungs, "YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE! YOU MAKE ME HAAAAPPPPYYYYY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY....." or "RISE AND SHINE, LAZY SLEEPYHEAD! GET THOSE LAZY BONES OUT OF THE BED...". I'd holler, "PLEASE STOOOOOPPPPP!!!" She kept singing anyway because she knew that I'd get up just so she'd shut up.

I'll have to try that! Annoying the kids is better when it makes me HAAAAPPPPYYYYY
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    One more thing I do to my son: When he isn't quick in getting ready to go (he spends more time getting dressed and combing his hair than I do with my makeup etc ) he has to go jean shopping with me.
    He's accustomed to holding my purse, bags etc. Other mothers ask me how I do it cuz their boys are just mayhem in the stores.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My children (3 year old twins) HATE, HATE, HATE it when I count... giving them a short time frame to do something in. I give them a chance to follow direction, and if they dont within a reasonable amount of time, I start the countdown. The faster I count, the faster they move. I like to experiement with speed. They always scream "NO!! DON'T COUNT, MAMA!!" as they are scrambling. Lol. I love to see how fast they can move.
    '

That doesn't work for my son... he screams "Don't count! I can't do it that fast!" and then just starts running around in circles and doesn't get anything done. lol.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I figure it's torture enough that I'm molding aka brain washing them into being another version of me.

The only thing I can think of -since they are young-is teasing them about "girlfriends". Especially my boy. My stepson is OK, but my son had to be split up w/a girl in kindergarten. They were holding hands in class.....SHEESH
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Is there a Dear Abby in the house? NO, this is a diet blog.

i know i should ignore people like you but sometimes i cant. Do something with your hair please.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Shackles and branding irons are reserved only for adults...
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Is there a Dear Abby in the house? NO, this is a diet blog.

i know i should ignore people like you but sometimes i cant. Do something with your hair please.
    :laugh:
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have parental controls on my daughters phone that keeps her from texting anyone that I don't allow and from downloading any app I don't approve of first. She is also blocked from using any data on her phone. (her punishment from not behaving on FB)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Before I had kids I would have thought most of you were horrible parents and that my kids would never need such punishment cause they would be perfect children.....:huh:
    Now that I have kids (13 and 9).....I'm taking notes! Going to put some of these new things into action.
    I often take away the xbox cord, our computer is under password so only I can give them access.
    If they fight together, call each other names etc....they are made to give each other a hug as well as sit and hold hands until I feel they have been loving enough (lol I love this one)
    My son's cell phone gets taken away when it is not used properly
    My daughter loves to slam her bedroom door. She has had it taken away. lol
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what "mean" thing you do to your children...for instance at 10 pm we have a rule that our 17 year old daughter turn off her phone and ipad and leave it in the hallway by our bedroom...and then it's time for bed. This ensures no texting or interrupted sleep. (awful isn't it!)

we also have a rule that you can only swear at the dinner table too. But so far, she hasn't done it. :/

mean parents!

OOOHHHH I sooooooo love this idea, Can I steal it???!!!! I think this is a new rule to implement at my house!! Thanks for sharing!!