*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in July *

Options

Replies

• bas0179
    bas0179 Posts: 4
    Options
    My goal is 155 miles in July and I up to 13.57 miles since July 1st.
  • kwbernardo
    kwbernardo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    May I join? My goal is 50 miles.

7/1 -- 2.5 miles
    7/3 -- 1.75 miles
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    7.1 mile run in 1:19:34, Avg Pace 11:13, Mile Splits 12:02 - 11:36 - 11:22 - 11:07 - 11:01 - 10:49 - 10:36, 90F, DP 73, Mostly Sunny, Slight Breeze, BC 5/5 for 3.5 miles then 4/4 till mile 6 then 3/3 rest of the way. Feeling good :)

Plan called for 4.5 miles, but I was feeling good at 4.5 so I kept running and running and running...decided I better stop after 7 miles, but felt like I could keep running for a couple more miles if I had needed to. There is a half mile stretch on my route that is fairly shady, so I lapped that stretch several times to stay in the shade as much as I could.

Saw a flying brown pelican, big sucker. Also saw quite a few ducks and a few baby ducks. The teeny tiny lizards were back with a vengeance. There must of been a lizard orgy not too long ago. Saw a great blue heron, love those.

WTD: 16.1
    MTD: 16.1
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am a fledgling Newbie - and am just starting to run - I know 50+ is too aggressive for me just yet (I'm working up to it) I actually jogged for 7 minutes straight this morning (up from like 30 seconds and gasping for breath! LOL)

is there a team around that I could join up on? I'd love a challenge! I think 25 for me would be a good starting point. I have a goal to run a 5 K in September - you guys are ALL MY IDOLS! My personal goal is to up my running 'time' by 3-5 minutes per week. 7 minutes today, by next week I want to run 12 minutes at a stretch.

I could go 2 miles a day 3xweek, but, definitely won't be running all of that, walk-jog mostly.

Oh well - I will be following this thread and you all will keep me motivated :) GREAT JOB ALL!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hi schustc (: I think there are at least a couple of challenge threads that may be a good fit because they include walking in there mileages. The one that seem to be the most active is :

Move your *kitten* challenge thread, here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651222-july-move-your-a-challenge
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    7/3 3 miles
    (6 total )
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this month. My goal is 50 miles again.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 9.18 miles MTD
  • Collinsclan22
    Options
    July goal - 60 miles

7/3 - 5.5 miles
    7/4 - 5 miles
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Recovery Day: 3.11 mile run in 36:17, Avg Pace 11:41, Mile Splits 12:46 - 11:34 - 10:49, 75F, DP 71, Sunny and humid.

My legs during the 1st mile were very rough, but smoothed out after that. Most of my route has a 4th of July parade starting at 10am. I started my run at 8am and there were already spectators setting up chairs and awnings. Right on top of the sidewalk...grrrr. I felt like I was running an obstacle course, ducking under awnings, dodging around chairs onto the grass or the road. There was plenty of space to set up without blocking the sidewalk completely, they just didn't bother. For the last mile, I said the heck with it, and started running smack dab down the middle of the road. A parade of one, hehe. I was a little annoyed on the last mile and ran faster than I had planned. Next year, I'm going to start my run later, 30 minutes before the parade, and then run down the middle of the road for my entire run on the parade route. Maybe I'll create a special outfit just for the occasion.

In addition to all the people smoking and drinking sodas on the sidewalk...I also saw a flying brown pelican again, and the usual ducks and lizards.

WTD: 19.2
    MTD: 19.2
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    7/4: 5.75

MTD: 10.25
  • bbadria
    bbadria Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 miles. I started today with 3.5 miles. Thank you!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    7/4- 4.15 HOT miles.

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Saw a flying brown pelican, big sucker. Also saw quite a few ducks and a few baby ducks. The teeny tiny lizards were back with a vengeance. There must of been a lizard orgy not too long ago. Saw a great blue heron, love those.

great job! isn't it fun when everything works right and feels good on a run? please send some of those lizards my way. one of our pet anoles died today.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi schustc (: I think there are at least a couple of challenge threads that may be a good fit because they include walking in there mileages. The one that seem to be the most active is :

Move your *kitten* challenge thread, here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651222-july-move-your-a-challenge

Thank you!! I may just do that :)
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    great job! isn't it fun when everything works right and feels good on a run? please send some of those lizards my way. one of our pet anoles died today.

• wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 10K race this morning... finished in just over 72 minutes (11:45 avg. pace).

7/1: 7.2 miles
    7/2: 4.1 miles
    7/4: 6.2 miles

Week 1 To Date: 17.5 miles
    Month to date: 17.5 of 100 miles.

A day off tomorrow and then back to my HM training plan on Friday.

Ted
  • nikki_fro
    nikki_fro Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ran 3 miles tonight plus other gym work so far 10 for the week
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles today

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I did my first miles since returning from travel. Only 5 miles but in 88F heat! hot hot hot.