Pickup Lines...That Actually Worked

Options

Replies

• judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I got a good one. Got the idea from some comedian, forgot who.

Walked up to a chick at a bar, after we were smiling and looking at each other all night, gave her my phone, and said, "Don't worry. I'll call you," and walked out. That s**t was so gangsta! Called her later that night, and let me say this, I got more than just my phone back. lol

This would totally work on me lol and all my friends
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    This did work....

"Are you going to make me lie to my diary, or are you going to kiss me?"
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Can not believe I'm sharing this....

Guy walked by and brushed my hair back and looked at my eyes. He said "red hair and green eyes... Do you have a little Irish in you?" I said no. He said do you want to. I cracked up. He was adorable. But he wasn't lying about the little part. Lol

Died. I just died.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I was DD at the bar (second one of the night) and was wearing Soffe shorts and a cami. This is a bar where women dress like high-dollar honky-tonk hoochies. I looked like I was in pajamas.
    This guy comes up to me, wraps his arm around my waist and says, "Did you know your tag is hanging out?"
    ...considering I was the one that rolled my shorts down so that they aren't above my belly button, yes, I was...

Long story short, he talked game about wanting to protect my image. I entertained him and his little fantasy until my big brother showed up. Then all of a sudden, he had to go. Oops.
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Not really a pick-up line, but it set the hook.

I asked a girl for her phone number at a Mercury Rev show in 1995, well before cell phone ubiquity. When she gave it to me, I took it into my hands, looked at her excitedly, said "I'm going to go call you right now!" And ran off.

She still tells that story to her friends. And our daughters, 7 and 10.
    BEST. EVER.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have had a guy literally do this...

Guy :"You are super short......"
    My friend intersecting: "No **** man, bet you she doesn't know that?"
    Guy: "I bet she does, but I bet you she has no idea how beautiful she is."

I blushed, it was cute.

That would totally do me in. Adorable.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I used one before, I think?

When I was in college, I worked at a beach resort. One day, a pizza delivery guy came in while I was working front desk. He smiled. I smiled back. He left a few minutes later.

5 minutes passed and when I answered the phone he asked, "WHat kind of pizza do you like?" Cheese.

He brings me a small pizza with the note, "Enjoy this for dinner." He didn't stay and chat, had to run.

A little later in the night he called to ask if the pizza was good, I said yes then said, "When do I get to take you out for dinner?" I can't believe I did that because.....that was NOT my personality at that time. I moved 7 hours from home from the summer to work at the beach by myself and was just really kinda coming into my own (what tha...that was so cliche, but true).

We went on a date and had a great time and dated a while.

But he turned out to be a huge d00sh. :drinker:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I like to use poetry

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I have a gun
    Now get in my van....
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    OMG where are all you charmers at?

I've never been "picked up" successfully. Most I've had is some guy ask me what my breast size was. Subtle.
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Johnny Cash!

:huh:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    One night, I went with my friend to a honky tonk so she wouldn't have to go alone, but I totally wasn't into being there. I sat alone sipping my drink while she was dancing, brushing off the guys who asked me to dance, asked to buy me a drink, etc.
    Then when she brought a group of Air Force guys over to the table and they were all talking and laughing, the quiet one of the group turned to me and asked "Do you believe in aliens?" A very interesting conversation followed. I wound up giving him my number.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    OMG where are all you charmers at?

I've never been "picked up" successfully. Most I've had is some guy ask me what my breast size was. Subtle.

So....what size are they??

Just asking, so If I meet you in a a bar.....I can use a different line on you.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've never had a guy use a pick up line on me...ever. I've been single all my life.

But, one that would work on me would be: "If I told you, you had a good body, would you hold it against me?"

I've tried the "I think you're cute. Are you single?" line. It didn't work, he was taken. :(
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    In my heavier days i was good for random pick ups...essentially i wasnt that confident in myself so i figured the randomer the pick up line, i can at least justify the rejection, however some worked for me

1. I told one girl a complete stranger "why doesnt she call me" she laughed and said she didnt know me, i said well heres my number you can get to know me and she actually called a few days later

2. High off the success of the previous one, i randomly proposed to a girl again she laughed said she didnt know me i asked for her number so she can

3. Another one i said simply "thank you" she said for what and i told her her smile made my day that much brighter and it was a wrap lol
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My ex husband went with "Is that guy your boyfriend?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Me: "No"

Him: "How do I apply?"

Me: "Huh?"

Him: "To be your boyfriend?"

Me: "Dinner and flowers."

Him: "Tuesday night good for you?"

... :)
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    I was a door girl at a bar... mind you, I have a large chest and to get tips you showed off the goods... I made good tips!

This guy comes up to me, "Can I take a picture with you?"
    Me: "Why?"
    Guy: "So I can see how good we look together."

He took the picture, asked me for a date, I was seeing the bouncer at the time, so I of course said no, then asked to see the picture... yup, it was of my cleavage... and since my face wasn't in it, I let him keep it, lol
  • Dollface_Mama
    Options
    Hey I just met you, and this is crazy. But, here's my number. So call me, maybe.

and anything off of Taco Bell sauce packets is usually a winner.

Take me to your taco.

Lmao!!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to post this because it's horrible, but was just talking about it with a buddy that was there to witness it...

I told a young woman once that "I would do things to you that would make a farm animal puke" and AMAZINGLY enough she was all over me the rest of the night.....And she is a very attractive woman too.

I'm pretty sure that makes me a horrible person.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to post this because it's horrible, but was just talking about it with a buddy that was there to witness it...

I told a young woman once that "I would do things to you that would make a farm animal puke" and AMAZINGLY enough she was all over me the rest of the night.....And she is a very attractive woman too.

I'm pretty sure that makes me a horrible person.
    Rofl, that would probably win me over too.
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "Did you fall from heaven because have sex with me."