Cleavage, inappropriate or fine?

Options

Replies

• bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Having well rounded girls myself, I agree they are hard to keep covered in the summer time. Not that I try too hard. It's my body, and I like it. I'll wear what makes me happy, if you don't like it don't look.

I think boobs are freakin' awesome and I'd rather see beautiful breast than some hairy guy's butt crack any day.

If you got it, flaunt it!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    As long as you are happy and comfortable then go for it! There will always be someone out there with something negative to say. Do your own thing. I am sure 9 times out of 10 they are just jealous. Heck, I'm jealous. :wink:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Sooo... here's the question for Ladies... would you be mad, uncomfortable, feel wrong, or something, if you SEE someone with cleavage... not like almost things popping out.. but like someone our fellow member says.. just some but obviously it tends to be more prominent?..

I mean.. for me.. OF COURSE!!.. I would like it.. I am man.. is eye candy.. but also..I must accept that it is distracting for a MAN!..

But is it distracting for a woman too?..

So to answer the main question.. I think is ok.. as long as it is not excessively revealing... you have them big.. why not even "enjoy" a little of their magnetism?

As long as it isn't ridiculous (i.e. you look like you will have a wardrobe malfunction if you have to speed across the crosswalk, or I can see your entire breast when you bend over to check your cell phone) I don't really care. Of course at the nigh club, I still think that is ridiculous, but all bets are off there. If it is the middle of the day? That's just wrong. (34Hish here)

As a busty woman, I know how hard it is to find clothing that isn't too low cut. 90% of v-necks I have found are just too low. i.e. I look like Madonna in the Vogue video, and you can see the bridge of my bra or more.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Why do some women hate when men oogle? If the cleavage is out, why is it annoying if we look?

It is one thing to look. A whole other thing is to forget we have a face. Or eyes.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    The girls have a mind of their own. When your large chested there really isn't much you can do about it unless you button up to your neck or wear huge unflattering clothes. They're part of you so you might as well let them shine!
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    The girls have a mind of their own. When your large chested there really isn't much you can do about it unless you button up to your neck or wear huge unflattering clothes. They're part of you so you might as well let them shine!

I agree :drinker:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Its ok anywhere but the workplace and maybe the gym, IMO!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I personally think cleavage is inappropriate in most places. I don't apprciate seeing it, that's for sure. I don't care how fit and trim I get, I will never be comfortable showing it off the way some women do. It's tacky and classless to me. Swimsuits is one thing, shopping/dining out is another.

I had a meeting with my daughter's teacher last year and her stuff was ALL in my face, and all I could think was "I bet she complains that no one looks her in the face."
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Obviously at work there is a different standard. But I'm guessing you don't mean at work since you're wearing yoga pants. And if you're allowed to wear yoga pants at work - totally jealous! lol
    Anyway, I'm 36D, a bit smaller than you, but I do feel like there is a bit of a double standard.
    A cup gals can walk around in next to nothing and it's not a big deal but D or DD gals walk around in something even a bit revealing and it's just craziness :p.
    It's just ... we have a bit more to "reveal" if that makes sense.

All in all, if you're just wandering around, errands, hanging around at home, visiting friends/family, etc. then it's just fine!!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    it's revealing a lot less then a bikini top would, so what's the problem?

I hate this argument. I know what you are trying to say because you clarified that you don't wear low-cut tops to work or around children, but too many people use the bikini top argument as an excuse to wear inappropriate things at inappropriate times. Just because a bikini top is acceptable at the beach doesn't mean it's acceptable everywhere, and the same goes for cleavage-baring tops, midriff-baring tops, and *kitten*-cheek-baring shorts/skirts.

There is also a difference between "low-cut" and having pretty much everything on display. I live in Texas. It's hot, and the women dress like it is hot, so cleavage isn't anything that's going to raise eyebrows around here. But having your boobs pushed so far out of your top/dress that I can see part of your areola is ridiculous. If it's at the beach or some place where people are normally not wearing much clothing, I don't care. But in a restaurant or a grocery store or a shopping mall, yes, I am judging you as an attention *kitten*.

^^^^this! Drives me nuts seeing cute girls with everything showing. Not everyone wants to see your boobs. I live nowhere near the beach and constantly see girls and women in sundresses with boobs pushed up to their chins and way to much cleavage showing. Yes, guys are looking at you but for all the WRONG reasons. (I'm a 38c and yes I wear some low cut tank tops but I keep it classy) and there is a very thin line between classy and trailer park trashy when it comes to this.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I always say- even in a turtle neck I have clevage. These puppies have a mind of their own !
    Ha! I always say this as well. Glad I'm not the only one whose cleavage has a mind of its own. :smile:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't like having boobs in my face, but it's probably just cuz I'm jealous
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Why do some women hate when men oogle? If the cleavage is out, why is it annoying if we look?

It is one thing to look. A whole other thing is to forget we have a face. Or eyes.

Ok... so let's put it this way.. I will give you a flower... show you some yummy ice cream.. make you laugh and smile.. that is nice right?.. well.. man don't think when cleavage is on the radar.. is just nature... of course rudeness and staring like you want to sleep over is not ok.. but just remember.. the brain goes off when that happens.. :D
  • kvf323
    kvf323 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    More cleavage the better! Ive never heard a man complain about it and any woman that does is probably just jealous
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    More cleavage the better! Ive never heard a man complain about it and any woman that does is probably just jealous

Ok.. I am a fan of yours NOW!!! :wink:
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cleavage is awesome that all I got to add lol
  • alikrorp225
    Options
    Lately, throughout the summer, I've been wearing yoga pants and a low cut top. It's comfortable and doesn't make me melt with the heat of the summer, my problem is people seem to get pissed off that I'm showing cleavage. I have rather big breasts (DD38) so I have a bit to show off. But I personally don't think it's a bad thing, it's revealing a lot less then a bikini top would, so what's the problem?

Do any other big breasted women have this problem, it seems it's socially acceptable for smaller breasted women to show some cleavage than it is for a big breasted woman.

Am I being to inappropriate, or are people over reacting?

*(I wear low cut things at the beach/ getting ice cream or just laying out in the sun. Never around young kids or work lol)

First, you just wear what you want. It seems you're choosing appropriate places, so meh!@ anyone who has a problem with it. I'm in love with those tops with the built in extra material(I won't go as far as saying it's a bra haha). I wear them all the time here in Texas...it's friggin hot! My husband LOVES it when I wear them. I did have a friend ask me where my bra was, though. I just laughed it off. I'm not "big-breasted." I'm average, I suppose. Anyway, I wear what I like. If someone doesn't like it...too bad for them. :)
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I am 34DD and am very self-conscious about my cleavage. I do everything I can to cover them up within reason. I usually wear a tank top underneath most shirts to make them more modest- even in the 100 degree weather we are having. The problem is that the CLEAVAGE IS STILL THERE. I do what I can and if it offends someone then so be it. I am not going to wear a turtle neck or my husband's t-shirts everyday.

I don't mind if men happen to notice- they are men after all. But is it really that hard to not look there? I have a face and eyes too! Once glance I understand, but multiple glances and you are on my nerves!

I hope when all is said and done that I lose a bit in my chest area even though my husband disagrees :love: .
  • alikrorp225
    Options
    I am 34DD and am very self-conscious about my cleavage. I do everything I can to cover them up within reason. I usually wear a tank top underneath most shirts to make them more modest- even in the 100 degree weather we are having. The problem is that the CLEAVAGE IS STILL THERE. I do what I can and if it offends someone then so be it. I am not going to wear a turtle neck or my husband's t-shirts everyday.

I don't mind if men happen to notice- they are men after all. But is it really that hard to not look there? I have a face and eyes too! Once glance I understand, but multiple glances and you are on my nerves!

I hope when all is said and done that I lose a bit in my chest area even though my husband disagrees :love: .

I understand where you're coming from. My daughter, who's 17, is large on top. She is always wearing a cami or tank under her shirts to attempt to cover up. She's very modest(THANKFULLY lol). She is in a constant battle to keep covered and is sometimes self-conscious about it.

I say you wear what you're comfortable in and let the rest go...in appropriate places, of course. :smile: