Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I walked from the parking lot to the student center on my college campus, which includes 4 flights of stairs, and I didn't get winded until I reached the last step on the fourth flight. (I was so happy I ran up the last flight!) before that I could barely walk up one flight without being severely winded.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new workout pants because mine were falling down. :)
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My mom told me my *kitten* looked smaller the last time I was home visiting.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    putting my belt on the tightest notches ....since i got the damn thing years and years ago. :)
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    I recentley completed my first century ride (103 miles) on my mountain bike last Saturday...took 9 hours with temps exceeding 100 degrees !!!
    Wow! Good job; that's awesome! A lot of very healthy people wouldn't have been able to do that.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I went from a 3xl in shirts to a xl
    shorts pants I was a 24/26 and now a 14

uhhhhhh instead of being put on meds for diabetes, high blood pressure my dr okay me and said I was out of the danger zone:)
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    So many good stories here. I wish I could like them all.

I got my first sub-30-minute 5K on the fourth of July. This is after not running as part of my weightloss plan.
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    I went from a 3xl in shirts to a xl
    shorts pants I was a 24/26 and now a 14

uhhhhhh instead of being put on meds for diabetes, high blood pressure my dr okay me and said I was out of the danger zone:)
    Woohoo!
  • angelic1123
    Options
    I just completed day 5 of insanity and it's super hard but I already feel better, faster and stronger. I can't wait to continue on digging deeper.
  • Jett8888
    Jett8888 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was able to go to sears on Saturday and buy a bra instead of having to order from a catalog. Also found some capris that still had the tags on them. Bought them 4+ years ago. They fit!!!!!!!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I ordered an "Andiamo Light" meal at dinner tonight (Andiamo's is an upscale Italian restaurant near us) and kept the light 1st course in lieu of the soup/salad that was offered - Mushroom array (variety of mushrooms w/red pepper and onion) + Chicken stuffed with turkey sausage + Mushrooms, spinach and cherry tomatoes - I even ate the spinach, despite my initial thoughts on not eating it and only had 1/2 piece of the bread. Happy birthday to my Hubby!
  • Jett8888
    Jett8888 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    And my butterfly is almost out of the rain. :happy:
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV was Tuesday when I FINALLY moved out of the Obese BMI category...now to work on getting out of the Overweight category!!!:flowerforyou:
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    In two days I will have completed my fourth week of Insanity...I just love it!
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    <
    Finally able to fit into this dress after 3 years of watching it hang in my closet. Did a happy dance:)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My big NSV for the summer was almost 2 weeks ago. My goal was to be able to do The Grouse Grind (a hike here in BC) in under 2 hours as I've always done it in just over 2hrs. When I finished it this time my time was 1hr 22min. I almost cried I was so proud.
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37lbs off of my 5'1 frame since January, going from 178 to a (muscular, not built tiny) 141. NOBODY said a word until 2 weeks ago... now people ask me almost every day how I've been doing it. Strange, but it feels great :)
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Silly but I want to share. I've never been able to fit into Old Navy pants. However, today I not only managed to get into them but found that (though still a bit tight) I can fit into a size 12 and button and zip them without holding my breath or anything! (I started in a 22 really should have been 24 pants)
  • lisalpotts
    lisalpotts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went to an indoor trampoline park this past week. (basically a huge area where the floors and walls are all trampolines) I was able to jump around and play for the full 30 minutes we paid for, while he had to to stop about 10 minutes in. we have a trampoline and i've never been able to do more than a 5-10 minutes at a time. I'm almost through week 3 of insanity and I KNOW I would have been done after about 10 minutes if it weren't for the crazy 40 minute cardio workouts i've been doing :happy:
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Mine had to be yesterday. I went to the 4th of July celebrations in the town I grew up in. I was in line waiting to take my daughter to the bathroom when a woman that I have known my whole life, got in line behind me. I started talking to her. After a few minutes her grand kids were bugging her to go so she did. As I was walking back to meet the rest of my family, she stopped me and apologized for not recognizing me. She said after she was walking away it finally hit her who I was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!