Over 200 Club Fit for the Holidays (open group)

Options

Replies

• snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lildebbie: love the new ticker, she is a cutie!

It has been pretty quite on here. Hope everyone is well.

calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    water: not quite
    proud of: not picking in the leftover pie.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Snowflakes - THanks, she is cute sometimes...lately been a terror. She will be 3 next week and she is a terrror..today was especially tough..i don't know how mom of multiples do it...if i had 2 , 3 or more of her i would go insane.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1,352
    Exercise: 804 burned
    Water: I didn't track but I think I drank at least 64 oz.
    Proud: I didn't let feeling crampy and crummy keep me from exercising today.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    lildebbie, she is darling! Looks like an angel! :wink:
    I, too, am glad to see all of us doing so well. Keep it up!
    I just bought the Leslie Sansone walking 1 mile dvd as well. I haven't tried it yet. Going to try it tomorrow.

Today:

cals: perfect, but am still hungry (they took away 400 of my cals! OK enough on the pity pot LOL)
    exercise: walking everywhere to do some Black Friday shopping. Found nothing!
    water: half
    proud: I passed up chocolate covered pretzels - mmm! AND I didn't poop out in the stores like I usually do. :bigsmile:
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Hi everybody re: This weeks Challenge

From everyone that checked in yesterday I am the biggest loser at %1.43 with jlb123 close at %1.41. Good job to all the losers this week. For this weeks challenge I would like to work on toning my arms. You can use 1 or 2 pounds weights or soup cans, or full water bottles. I will be using water bottles. For ten counts each, work your arms in forward circles, backward circles, lift over your head and down (like a jumping jack), with arms out front curl to shoulders, and then with your arms at your side lift and hold 10 counts then lower back to your side. Do each of these in repetitions of 10, for 5 days this week. Any questions?
  • bluenote
    Options
    So I work my arms in forward circles for ten counts, then do the backwards circles for ten counts, etc. until I finish the routine, THEN do this entire routine ten times? Five days this week? Sorry, I am directionally challenged! LOL
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    good evening ladies.. I hope everyones Thanksgiving weekend is going well. Today went pretty well for me. I took some niquil last night and feel much better today! :smile:

I got in 50 minutes of exercise today
    stayed within my calories
    still working on the water ( I think I am a bit dehydrated)
    Proud that I am sticking to things and the weight is coming off!

Made grilled pork loins with a salad and basmati rice for dinner.. I use to have to put full fat dressing on the salad, ketchup on the pork and butter in the rice.. It is amazing to me how your tastes change and how the food actually tastes good now without all the extra stuff on it! :happy:

We successfully got the tree up and did all the decorating of the house inside and out! I just love Christmas time. I am in search of a "healthy" lasagna recipe as I am suppose to bring that for Christmas dinner this year. We are having an Italian theme! I figure I have a little time but, I should probably do a trial run if it is going to be a new recipe before I share it with the WHOLE family!

How is everyone else doing this weekend.

Snowflakes As far as the challenge goes.. I will probably use a machine but still work the same muscle groups deltoids, biceps, triceps. I just find it easer to work what I am suppose to without putting strain elsewhere!

Check back in tomorrow!
  • snowflakes
    Options
    zorahope: you got it! :happy: It is not you at all. It is my wordy pathetic writing skills. :huh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Calories: 1,319
    Exercise: 538 - week2 day2 of C25K
    Water: Probably not. Still working on it and I'll get it in before bed.
    Proud: Not feeling great (sore from yesterday's exercise & TOM) but ran anyway.
  • bluenote
    Options
    Trust me, snowflakes, if there is a way to screw up written directions, I will do it! :laugh:
    I am going to try the challenge tonight, right now as a matter of fact. But TEN times? *gulp* :huh:
    I have one pound weights sitting in a box collecting dust. Time to face those babies! :tongue:

I ate a LOT today. Again, Taco Bell was calling my name. Ugh! I have to start looking at why Taco Bell is so appealing to me. But I did take everyone's advice and find the least offensive food there (the fresca(?) tacos) and ordered that. At least it's a step in the right direction.

Cals: over by 200
    water: all in
    exercise: 20 mins bike, 10 mins walking, going to do the challenge when I log off
    proud: I grilled chicken today instead of buying more fast food for dinner. I chose better alternatives at my enemy Taco Bell.
  • snowflakes
    Options
    dawnannw: what ever works best for you, sounds good to me. I am so envious that you have all your Christmas up. I have spent all day today just trying to clean up from having everyone home. LAUNDRY avalanche...whew!

jlb123: way to go when you weren't feeling your best.

zorahope: yes 10, that is way it is called a 'challenge':laugh: Only do what you are up to. Heck, I hope I can do that many, 10 didn't sound like that much while I was putting it in.:huh: Doing that many may be an entirely different story.:ohwell::laugh: We will each do the best we can. Someday our toned sculpted arms will be amazing.:bigsmile:

calories: yes 1250
    exercise: just from cleaning
    water: not quite
    proud of: being this weeks 'biggest looser'
  • sas202554
    sas202554 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I would like to join this group. I am just starting today to really track and follow the guidelines of mfp.I need some motivation. I start on the weekend and then get off track. I am a stress eater. I need to get out and stay away from the kitchen.

Starting Weight: 273
    Mini Goal 1; 258 by New Years Eve
    Mini Goal 2: 243 by Valentines Day :heart:
    Mini Goal 3: 228 by St. Patrick's Day
    Mini Goal 4: 213 by Easter
    Mini Goal 5: 198 by May 22 by 55th birthday.:flowerforyou:

Thanks,
    Sherry
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sherry.. It is great to have you here! This is a great group, I think you will like it here!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Welcome, Sherry! :flowerforyou: Good for you for making the decision to get healthy! I joined in May but fudged around a long time before I was ready - I didn't really get serious until October! Now I am VERY glad I finally made the change!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Snowflakes, OUCH! Your arm routine is killing me! :laugh: Good job!

I've only done 5 out of 10 so far and my arms feel like jello. I started off way overconfident with 3 pound weights. Haha, yeah right. I immediately switched to 2 pound weights after the first set.

I've slightly injured myself overdoing the high-impact cardio over the last few days. My hamstrings and knees are pretty sore and I'm debating whether or not I should even ride my bike tonight. I'm really glad to be working out my arms at least, so thanks for the challenge (it's *really* a challenge -- and I love that!). :smile:
  • bluenote
    Options
    Yes, DEFINITELY a challenge and I am only using 1 lb. weights! I woke up this morning with spaghetti arms! LOL

Today's check-in:

cals: in range, but I went WAY over in fats :explode: Let's just say there is no more cheese left in my fridge.
    water: OK
    exercise: 30 mins of bike with two breaks; 5 reps of the challenge - ouch! :sad:
    proud: I'm proud that I am trying to keep up with you gals in the challenge! :laugh:
  • snowflakes
    Options
    :embarassed: WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! Oh gosh I wasn't.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I ditched the extra weights quick. The only I way I am going to get through 10 sets in a day is to break it up throughout the day. Go ahead zorahope, you can say it; "I told you so!":blushing: :bigsmile: I felt stronger with the push up challenge from jlb123 and I really didn't think this would be so hard for me. When we all have lovely chiseled arms we can all say "remember when..." I promise each of you that no torture was intended.:huh: I did the exercise in front of a mirror and the skin a wobbling under my arm is NOT pretty, so I am sticking with it. You just might thank me later, or not:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll check with you later.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have had a great 4 days with my family. My eating has been terrible. I think I will pass on weighing in. I am going to get back on track and weigh in next week. I do not want to get discouraged.:cry:

Welcome Sherry, (that is my name too!!!:heart: spelled the same and every thing) Glad you are here:flowerforyou:

snowflakes, great challenge on the arms and great job on the weight loss!!!

I am proud of you gals.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi,
    I would like to join this group. I am just starting today to really track and follow the guidelines of mfp.I need some motivation. I start on the weekend and then get off track. I am a stress eater. I need to get out and stay away from the kitchen.

Starting Weight: 273
    Mini Goal 1; 258 by New Years Eve
    Mini Goal 2: 243 by Valentines Day :heart:
    Mini Goal 3: 228 by St. Patrick's Day
    Mini Goal 4: 213 by Easter
    Mini Goal 5: 198 by May 22 by 55th birthday.:flowerforyou:

Thanks,
    Sherry

I forgot to tell you about us. We weigh in on Fridays. The person who has lost the biggest percentage is the one who decides our physical challenge for the week. Here is the link to check your percentage

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

Our ongoing challenges that are staying the same for now are posting daily (or as much as possible)

Did I stay within my calories for the day?
    Did I drink at least 64 ounces of water today?
    Did I exercise today?
    Tell us something that you are proud of yourself for doing?

Our other on going challenge is to keep track of how many mins you spent on a cardio type exercise and add at least 5 minutes to that each week.

You exercised 60 mins this week then you should strive to exercise 65 mins next week.
    You will do great!!!!!!!!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Calories: 1,336. My bf brought home Thanksgiving leftovers from his family (I, on the other hand, intentionally did NOT bring home leftovers. *sigh*).
    Exercise: 30 minutes lighter effort than usual on my stationary bike & so far 5 reps of Snowflakes' I-want-your-arms-to-fall-off challenge. :wink: I'll try to get the other 5 in but I don't want my arms to be as sore tomorrow as my legs are today or I'll be in real trouble.
    Water: Yeah, I've not been doing well with that the last few days. Going back to work tomorrow (:frown:) will help with that.
    Proud: I didn't overdo that leftover sweet potato casserole at dinner.