What's your Non-Scale Victory for Today?

Options

Replies

• DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I have managed to stay on my diet today despite my desire to just throw in the towel ..... I'm soooooooooo sick of this slow weight loss. BUT, I'm going to keep on plugging!

That is awesome!!! Going through the slow & monotonous work is 90% of the battle. =) Perseverance is not my strong suit. ;)
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    Realized that the gym outfit I had on today hasnt been worn in over a year because it was too small --- it fits now! Time to get smaller gym clothes!
  • saamantha
    saamantha Posts: 74
    Options
    I killed day 4 of my 30DS today, and when I was done I wanted more, so I tacked on another 10 minutes of boxercise.
    My body is adapting fast :)

... So many victories! I also pulled out my guitar this morning and found that my lung capacity has really improved in just one week, I can sing right through phrases I couldn't before.

Keep up the good work everybody!
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I notice that I could feel my bones and muscle!
    and when I looked, I could see some shadows because their were muscles blocking the light from above!!
  • wyocoke
    wyocoke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Finally, my clothes are fitting looser. I am not ready for a smaller size yet but I soon will be! :wink:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Ran 18 miles today, 14 seconds mpm faster than anticipated race pace - and it was 80 degrees when I finished.
  • YarnAndWhiskey
    YarnAndWhiskey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wearing my favorite jeans from my senior year in high school, which was 10 years ago (and they're a little bit loose!!!). They were tucked away in a box of clothes I never thought I would be able to wear again because they were "too small"!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    Thanks for the post!

1. I am wearing a size 6 dress today. And, I feel cute!
    2. Also, I got a last minute ticket to a game so I won't have time to workout today. But, that's AOK because last night at 9:45pm, I felt restless. So, I put on my gear and took myself for a kick-*kitten* run. Who is this girl? :O)
    3. My co-workers and I were talking about not gaining weight over the summer. Two of them started to tell me how great I look and how wonderful I'm doing.

:O)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    pouring a glass of wine and then pouring it down the sink as I realised I didnt want it, so my will power is getting better !

NOOOO not the wine!! ;)
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    since today isnt finished ill go with yesterday
    i stayed within my calorie goal without exercising to burn off the ones i over ate.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    I beat all my exercise records! :)
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have worked out in some way for an hour a day for 36 days straight as of today!
    And I haven't eaten any cheese or butter for 5 whole days (trying to go all July with no cheese or butter).
    Woohoo!
    Keep up the good work, people!
    xoxo
    R
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    pouring a glass of wine and then pouring it down the sink as I realised I didnt want it, so my will power is getting better !

NOOOO not the wine!! ;)

I love wine. I couldn't give up my nightly glass!!!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I tightened my belt this morning and noticed I'd gone an inch past the last hole I drilled into it.
  • HizGlory
    HizGlory Posts: 18
    Options
    I chose to invest in myself and hire a personal trainer!! :happy:
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    attempted an insanity asylum workout for the first time! Only lasted 10 mins but still! :D
  • lovecrescendo
    lovecrescendo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've always been literally the most out of shape person I know but today I ran for 10 minutes straight :) A few months ago I couldn't even run for 60 seconds without having to stop.
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I killed day 4 of my 30DS today, and when I was done I wanted more, so I tacked on another 10 minutes of boxercise.
    My body is adapting fast :)

... So many victories! I also pulled out my guitar this morning and found that my lung capacity has really improved in just one week, I can sing right through phrases I couldn't before.

Keep up the good work everybody!

Hey! It's my day 2 of 30DS :D. I felt the same yesterday. Of course it was easy to do it on day one... my heart rate monitor said I only burned 220 calories and I was sweating my butt off. I went to the gym afterward and lifted some weights to get in my full hour of daily exercise... I think it will get harder, though, as we do it every day. I'm excited to see how much it changes my body! Good luck to you!!
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I had to wear a belt with my favorite jeans today (to keep them up)! AND, I got asked twice if I'd lost weight by people I see all the time. Feels amazing! :-) Congrats to all on your NSV.
  • wcmyers74
    wcmyers74 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was able to get up at 530am and do my 5th workout for the week. I am so sore but it felt good to get it done. Tomorrow is a break day! WoohOo!