What's your Non-Scale Victory for Today?

Options

Replies

• PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    6.5 miles in 88 degree heat.
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Had to put more clothes in the donation bag and put more holes in my belt!!!:laugh:
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    My Acanthosis Nigricans (it's a skin issue relating to insulin-resistance, google it) is noticeably lighter to me after just a week of healthy-eating and exercise!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    pouring a glass of wine and then pouring it down the sink as I realised I didnt want it, so my will power is getting better !

Oh my goodness. I'm coming to your house, disconnecting your drain, and waiting under it!
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Saw myself in a mirror in the changing rooms at the gym - and I thought wow! :)
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I was able to put on a sz 22 shorts that I have not been able to wear for the last 3 years
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Flexed my ab muscles last night after doing my Insanity workout, and FELT MUSCLES! Then flexed my arms and SAW MUSCLES! Still waiting to see them in my abs, but feeling it felt like progress!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Mine was bitter sweet. It was on the fourth of july when a friend said to me with kind of a concerned look on her face, "you're not going to lose any more weight, ARE YOU?!" And later, when I was told that my chest plate was crazy and that I should eat another piece of pizza instead of my salad. Oh, and I'm able to wear some workout capris that I was always afraid that I would pop the button on, or that i'd rip the seam, I ran out of laundry and decided to try them and I'm soooo glad they have a drawstring too!
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Led the pack on a 5 mile run this morning and finished 4 minutes ahead of everyone else.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I accidentally picked up a pair of my jeans that were too tight to button and put them on to find that they fit perfectly! :D
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    pouring a glass of wine and then pouring it down the sink as I realised I didnt want it, so my will power is getting better !

Oh my goodness. I'm coming to your house, disconnecting your drain, and waiting under it!

Looooove this! Funny stuff!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    My pants and belt are on their last legs of me putting off buying smaller clothes.

I also ate like over half a pound of chicken today with lunch at an Indian buffet.

Felt pretty f*cking victorious.
  • shara85
    shara85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would say walking 30 minutes to work this morning despite a heat advisory, and not getting Wendy's at lunch even though it smelt so good!!! :)
    Great idea to think about your small victories, instead of looking at the scale all the time - I really haven't lost much "weight" but my clothes are slowly starting to fall off of me, yay!
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I successfully avoided to box of Cinnabons in the office kitchen until they were all gone!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any clean shirts (long story) so dug around in the closet and found an old one I have not been able to wear in numerous years. Put it on, it fit, looked good and wore it to the restaurant to eat!! yipee!!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Great idea to think about your small victories, instead of looking at the scale all the time

Agreed, I only weigh myself about once a month now. I enjoy seeing the other changes more
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Went to cardio class this morning. On the way out, the instructor told me I did a great job today.

This particular class is really tough on me and I always feel like quitting half way through. I just keep on truckin'! Really nice to hear that the person in charge noticed.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wore shorts I "grew out of.." I needed to wear a belt because they were too loose.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Weighed in higher (again...grrr...) but my NSV is that I have continued to stick with my set calorie target and exercise plan regardless of what that darn scale says!!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great topic --- and I really wish I'd seen it this morning!!! I had a bad day - slogged through my morning walk with the dog, didn't get to my kickboxing workout, had a fruit smoothy at lunch that, come to find out, completely busted my calorie count for the day --- I have 39 left!

So yeah - this topic probably would have been exactly the motivation I needed this morning. I'll take my NSV from Wednesday, the 4th of July - when not only did I get to the gym, but did kickboxing AND strength training and felt like a superstar!

Congrats to all of you - and keep up the good work!!!