What's your Non-Scale Victory for Today?

Options

Replies

• sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I went for a bike ride with my boyfriend...usually I'm dying half-way thru and can't make it up the hills. But yesterday, I made it up the hills without stopping or feeling like I was going to pass out, haha. Yay!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything major. Just that I haven't eaten anything horribly bad and still within calories.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    it's hot as balls here today and i had a deadline as an excuse to NOT go running...
    but instead, i said *kitten* it, im running....and went and did 4 miles in the heat.

now i feel fantastic! (and im about to meet my second deadline...so i win.)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I bought a pair of size 28 Miss Me jeans 3 days ago on a trip to Buckle and today they are already very loose after a couple of hours of wear. I'm getting very close to a huge goal of mine to get back into a size 27 jean.
    European sizing? :-)

That's my guess, because they are tiny, tiny, tiny! (well, to me anyways!)
  • cochico
    cochico Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today I did 25 pullups and 75 pushups. When I started I couldn't do ONE pullup. Never thought I had it in me.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My belt is no longer snug enough to hold up my too-large pants.
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    I know it's only a very small issue... but my co-worker told me today, that I look good and that my new weight makes me attractive :laugh: :blushing: :blushing:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Its the start of a victory! I joined the gym today! The heat makes it unbearable to do my walks, so I'm going to hit the gym, and take advantage of their pool and other classes!
  • ThatzRight
    Options
    Getting up way earlier than usual (not a morning person and also get to work from home LOL) to head to the gym for an intense bootcamp class, return home to get my daughter to preschool, working from the kitchen island STANDING for 8 hours instead of sitting and eating smaller meals all day in preparation for a trip to the movies. I won't give up the small movie popcorn with butter but can make mini changes to my entire day in order to eat it tonight wihtout guilt. Victory :wink:
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have 2, actually. A dress I bought for my cruise next year that I thought would be too small now, actually fits me. It's tight but, if fits. It's an NSV because I bought it in a size 1 size smaller than I currently wear.
    My other is, I went bike riding today and my knees didn't scream at me after. In fact, a couple of hours later, I went for a good walk!
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    i have two:

My pants are falling down that used to be to tight...
    i didnt fall into the fast food trap
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    9.04 miles in 76 minutes, 20 seconds. I hadn't been that fast since 2010 BiLo/Dasani Marathon in Myrtle Beach (the one that got cancelled due to snow, but I ran anyway.). It was 63 degrees this morning. I guess I got excited.
  • sabota
    sabota Posts: 2
    Options
    I worked out today inspite of the heat.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Totally passing up the almond snicker bar that I love and realizing as I did, it wasn't hard. :happy:
  • PrincessShay135
    Options
    I have been on medications for high blood pressure and high cholesterol for many years. However, thanks to the low carb diet I have been doing my blood work came back normal for the first time in years, and I have been off the medications for months :)
  • JamesDonato76
    Options
    I just signed up for myfitnesspal... Does that count as a Victory? Gotta start somewhere!
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with all of you! So many of these I would not have thought to be my NSVs, but I am totally stealing your ideas and owning them :) Good for us! I put on my bra this morning to walk and it was loose so I put it on the third row of hooks and it was still too loose, so I got into my stash of old new bras and they fit just right! Goodbye to 38DD and hello to 36DD. Now a goal is to get to my favorite....34DD! Back fat is melting off and old bras are going in the garbage :)
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    I was feeling the itch to exercise, but I am at work. Instead of waiting until I got home, I decided to walk up some stairs in my big office building. I ended up doing 14 flights today! This is a lot for me as I am usually winded after 3. Next week I am going to try for 16, then 18, and so on...
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm really sore today from a week of working out hard and strength/toning yesterday (yeah!!!). I was walking (okay hobbling) with my hands on my waist/back area where I'm sore and I felt my muscles with every step. Yep, there are muscles under there and they were talking to me today.

And I realized that I really like being 30 pounds lighter and although I still have 28 more to go, I have made great progress. I'm healthier, happier and look and feel better. Yep, it was a good day. And it was a much needed rest day!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for myfitnesspal... Does that count as a Victory? Gotta start somewhere!

YES!!!! That is a victory. Good for you!!