Hubby wants to see Magic Mike, should I be worried??

Replies

• tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    sounds like something a controlling husband would do. he wouldnt want his wife to go with friends and have a good time.

a controlling husband wouldn't let her see it in the 1st place
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    movie sucked! 1.5 stars out of 10!

don't waste your money!
  • Kirabelly
    Kirabelly Posts: 60
    Maybe he wants to make sure he's around to er.. 'reap the benefits' after the film..

That's my vote. Smart man.
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    I think there is a D. He's hoping that you'll both get to enjoy your reaction to the film.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. I say bravo to a man secure enough in himself to go. I'll bet most men saw "Troy" and "300". IMHO. LOL
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Are you freaking kidding me... first of all I have no problem with gay people or bisexual etc. I WOULD have a serious problem if my HUSBAND was GAY or BISEXUAL...how would you not? that is bull****!

If I had a bisexual hubby that wouldn't bother me as he would still like women and we may be able to have a sexy two man 1 girl three way, lol. If he was gay and never told me, I'd be a bit upset due to the lack of communication, not his sexuality. Then we could split and find people more suited to our needs.

That is cool that you are that liberal but I for one don't want to have to compete with a man, that would drive me freaking nuts... I could not take a bisexual man serious in a relationship maybe for fun but not marriage nope. He can go on and be with men or find a liberal chick like you that is down with that... I can't do it.... LOL

You say liberal like it's a bad thing. You call it liberal, I call it "open-minded." Potato, potahto. :P
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    I almost snorted out my drink through my nose reading this... so funny. My hubby loves me but has no interest whatsoever in going. I told him I want to go and honestly wouldn't WANT him with me! Definitely a movie better enjoyed with female friends!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Are you freaking kidding me... first of all I have no problem with gay people or bisexual etc. I WOULD have a serious problem if my HUSBAND was GAY or BISEXUAL...how would you not? that is bull****!

If I had a bisexual hubby that wouldn't bother me as he would still like women and we may be able to have a sexy two man 1 girl three way, lol. If he was gay and never told me, I'd be a bit upset due to the lack of communication, not his sexuality. Then we could split and find people more suited to our needs.

That is cool that you are that liberal but I for one don't want to have to compete with a man, that would drive me freaking nuts... I could not take a bisexual man serious in a relationship maybe for fun but not marriage nope. He can go on and be with men or find a liberal chick like you that is down with that... I can't do it.... LOL

You say liberal like it's a bad thing. You call it liberal, I call it "open-minded." Potato, potahto. :P

I can't be that open minded. I don't want to be married to a man that sleeps with other men. Not my cup of tea...:)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    He wants road sex on the way home... Final answer. :wink:
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Any guy that replied they wouldn't see it with their wives/gfs probably have something to hide. Are you guys really that insecure? I'm a "real man" and I plan on seeing it with my wife. Not only does it look funny, but there's also some hot women in there. Plus, even though I'm not gay or bi, I can appreciate a guys body and the effort they put into it to make that way.

Not to mention I know I'll get some nookie after. :drinker:

THANK. YOU. Does anyone question a woman's orientation for wanting to go see some steamy flick where there are certainly going to be more boobs than any other form of scandalous skin on the screen? If you do, just... yeah, quit it. I don't even know what an appropriate analogy would be, because half-nude & fully-nude women on screen are far less of an exception than a rule, compared to men. I guess we could go with the action-movies-are-for-dudes stereotype, but in those there are usually plenty of extremely buff men on screen - just not IN the buff.

But yeah, I saw the movie with a pal last weekend (longest line for a matinee I've ever seen!), and I think Olivia Munn's bare boobs were on the screen for longer than any guy's bare butt. :cry: I don't have anything against Olivia Munn (she's funny as hell and very pretty), but for a movie that touted itself on thrusting, naked dudes, there sure wasn't much of that to go around. I don't know what more I really should have expected, though, walking into a rated-R major motion picture. Although I did get a couple of chuckles from the crowd reactions to particular scenes, and as we were walking out, I heard a lady tell her movie companion, "Oh man, that was naaasty. I'm so sorry I brought you to this." My friend apologized to me similarly, but more so because it was so far under her expectations. :laugh:
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Lol
    My man would do anything to make me happy as well.. He has sat through every premiere of the twilight movies with me. He hates twilight by the way... Lol and there is nothing wrong with wanting to see Channing tatum little cute self up on that stage :tongue:
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154

THANK. YOU. Does anyone question a woman's orientation for wanting to go see some steamy flick where there are certainly going to be more boobs than any other form of scandalous skin on the screen? If you do, just... yeah, quit it. I don't even know what an appropriate analogy would be, because half-nude & fully-nude women on screen are far less of an exception than a rule, compared to men. I guess we could go with the action-movies-are-for-dudes stereotype, but in those there are usually plenty of extremely buff men on screen - just not IN the buff.

But yeah, I saw the movie with a pal last weekend (longest line for a matinee I've ever seen!), and I think Olivia Munn's bare boobs were on the screen for longer than any guy's bare butt. :cry: I don't have anything against Olivia Munn (she's funny as hell and very pretty), but for a movie that touted itself on thrusting, naked dudes, there sure wasn't much of that to go around. I don't know what more I really should have expected, though, walking into a rated-R major motion picture. Although I did get a couple of chuckles from the crowd reactions to particular scenes, and as we were walking out, I heard a lady tell her movie companion, "Oh man, that was naaasty. I'm so sorry I brought you to this." My friend apologized to me similarly, but more so because it was so far under her expectations. :laugh:

Quoted for truth! WE (women) got all excited for the rare movie that was all about male nudity and saw more female nudity than male.

So far the closest to equality in nudity in a movie/show has been the Spartacus series off Starz. Male nudity about in that one....frontals included!!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    What's wrong with all of the above? :)
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Honestly, it's a pretty hysterical movie. There are some REALLY great lines there and the awkward factor of some scenes is just the icing on the cake.

I actually think he's a smart man and more men should take advantage of it.

Think about it, ladies. You're going to be watching INCREDIBLY attractive movie stars gyrating for 2 hours. You WILL be REARING to go once the movie lets out. Let's say your husband takes you -- my, my, my -- how convenient! He's RIGHT THERE to reap all the benefits and enjoy a sexy night with you, now that you're already turned on.

:wink: have fun!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Oh look, a thread where people might be afraid of "teh ghey"
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    OP, I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like your husband wants to spend time with you.

I'm assuming "Magic Mike" is about some guy strippers?

Brb, I also have to google "Channing Tatum" as I have no idea what this person looks like and I want to see what all the hubub is about.

Enjoy your movie date OP!

edit: hm, he's cute. Today's version of Marky Mark LOL
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    I'm kind of offended by some of the gay slurs I'm seeing. And since when did a guy watching a topless guy on screen make him gay? Jeeeeez.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    o_o .....

That is strange. Maybe either is husband of the year or you should be worried!

I don't know, this would irk me, personally. My dad ended up coming out of the closet at 50, soooo maybe I am a little biased. But I would definitely be freaking out!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Honestly, it's a pretty hysterical movie. There are some REALLY great lines there and the awkward factor of some scenes is just the icing on the cake.

Think about it, ladies. You're going to be watching INCREDIBLY attractive movie stars gyrating for 2 hours. You WILL be REARING to go once the movie lets out. Let's say your husband takes you -- my, my, my -- how convenient! He's RIGHT THERE to reap all the benefits and enjoy a sexy night with you, now that you're already turned on.

^SO Agree^ The ride home could prove to be somewhat interesting....Yes?
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member

^SO Agree^ The ride home could prove to be somewhat interesting....Yes?

Thank you!!!