Coke Zero vs Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm not one of those "Coke is evil" people, in fact, I believe that everything is fine, in moderation. For me, when I really want something carbonated and sugary tasting, I just go for the real thing. 1 Dr. Pepper, coming up. I just count the calories. I don't drink it very often, but when I really want one, I do.

I sort of disagree with the person who blamed soda for making us fat. Soda didn't make me fat, poor impulse control and bad exercise habits did.
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    MarlaChandlerBarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    All the sugar free, sugar substitutes are so bad for you! All of them. Best to just drink water and put fruit in it for flavor and be done. Little to no calories and no side effects. Do yourself a big favor and do a search on those artificial sweetners.... read up and don't drink the diet cokes, pepsi this or pepsi that....
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    All the sugar free, sugar substitutes are so bad for you! All of them.

no, they aren't.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is so much better, but as far as diet pops go I prefer Diet Mt. Dew, even over most regular pops. Dr. Pepper 10 is also a great choice.

For the most part, I avoid sodas - especially sugar sodas, because they make me feel like crap, and they waste all my calories, but I'll have the occasional diet soda every now and then. A diet soda once or twice a week probably won't kill you. I recently tried diet Mt. Dew for the first time. It really was delicious! :drinker:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I don't think Coke Zero is too bad..although, I have drank more sodas that are half and half like Pepsi Next..1/2 of the calories and sugar. A 20oz bottle of Pepsi Next is only 100 calories..:happy:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Diet Mountain Dew with a shot of coconut rum makes a damn good low calorie sub for a piña colada.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cherry coke zero+vodka=a good night ;-)
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I don't think Coke Zero is too bad..although, I have drank more sodas that are half and half like Pepsi Next..1/2 of the calories and sugar. A 20oz bottle of Pepsi Next is only 100 calories..:happy:
    I love Pepsi next
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think Diet Coke is horrible! I am a pepsi person myself, but both diets are unbearable. If I had to choose I would choose Zero. However I have found Diet Dr. Pepper to be almost as close to the real thing. Diet A&W is the best for me! Taste just like the real deal!!
    agree with this
  • carlaidk
    carlaidk Posts: 5
    Options
    Neither!! Either way you are just filling your body with toxins and WASTE which is not healthy for your body.
    Sugar-free and Coke Zero is just another word for 'filled with fake, artificial sweeteners and acids and flavours which are worse than sugar in the first place

If you really want to lose weight - stick to water! and eat clean! Don't drink sugar which your body doesnt need
    http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/upload/127156389449250817_xxB5iVaQ_b.jpg
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting article on side effects of drinking coke-diet or regular. One of them was ear problems. I thought that was rubbish but stopped it to see, and yep my bunged up deaf gluey feeling ear got better within days....coincidence? I reintroduced it and wham bam ear problems came back!!!! Guessing water is best after all ha ha
  • shicken684
    shicken684 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow, lots of misconceptions here about diet drinks. Artificial sugars have been shown to cause cancers when given to mice in very high dosages. A human would have to drink almost 2 and a half gallons/day for 30 days straight to get that type of dosage. These drinks are drank by 500 million people every day. If they are so toxic, and cancerous people would be dropping like flies. No study that's stood up to the complete scientific process has ever shown diet drinks causing cancer, or other severe illness. Please dig up, and actually read the scientific studies done on this topic. Just because 19 action news, and Dr. Oz say it's bad, does it actually make it bad. They make millions of dollars by ensuring you are scared, and thinking the drink/food you just consumed is going to give you cancer. The more scared you are, the more you watch their show so they can tell you what to avoid!

I've found that drinking the occasional diet soda has helped me fulfill a soda craving. I use to drink a 2L a day of sugar water. For some people that Coke Zero just makes them want a real one even worse. For me, I can drink that, and be completely satisfied.
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that the ingredients are slightly different but it is primarily because they found some men wouldnt buy products labelled diet. Apparently some men said they associated the word with products aimed at women so they had to give it another name. My guess is that maybe that was the case 10/15 years ago but not now. Perhaps if some products are marketed at both men and women as it lessens the feelings of association - like hair dye.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i personally drink normal soda because it 'hurts' with the calories and i am trying to quit. artificial sweeteners tend to make me binge more.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the poster asked anyone for anything other than their opinion... Diet Coke or Coke Zero. It annoys me how half of these posts are people attacking her choices. She didn't ask if you think it's ok to drink diet soda, she asked which you prefer. So if you don't drink diet soda, why respond at all? Sorry, it just seems like it's all I ever see on these forums anymore is people's bashing other people's food choices when they aren't even asked. Hmmm so I guess I just had a big rant huh? Sorry. My choice is Coke Zero. :)
  • Damiilla
    Damiilla Posts: 66
    Options
    Diet coke uses 1 artificial sweetener, while coke zero uses two different kinds. That's all.
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It may be different in the US, but in the UK Diet Coke and Coke Zero taste very different. I can tell immediately on tasting it whether I have been given diet , normal or zero. If I get normal coke when I asked for diet/zero I will send it back. When I was in the US I noticed Coke tasted much more caramelly and much sweeter than it does in the UK. Most soft drinks I tried seemed a lot sweeter. I think it may be that we don't use corn syrup.

I find Diet Coke has a nasty chemically taste and bitter aftertaste, like Splenda. For me, Coke Zero tastes better than normal Coke and it doesn't fur my teeth up or leave a nasty taste in my mouth (anything with sugar in does this to me). Diet Cherry Coke is really nice but tastes more like cherryade than like Cherry Coke. I wish we could still get Vanilla Diet Coke and Pepsi Max Cino, they were my favourites.

Pepsi Max is on a par with Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi is a bit weak tasting and loses it's fizz quickly.
    Diet Dr Pepper tastes very similar to normal Dr Pepper.
    I don't like Sprite Zero or 7Up Zero, they both have the nasty Splenda taste and aftertaste.
    Fanta Lemon Zero is nice.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the differences but I prefer the taste of diet coke. I don't usually have it at home so I only have the occasional can at work or drink it when I am out instead of alcohol or fruit juice. I don't really like the taste of coke zero, sprite zero isn't too bad though. :)
  • Mizzshy1
    Mizzshy1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love all the people shaming her for drinking soda. She didn't ask you for your damn opines on whether or not soda is a good/bad thing to have. Or even seek your permission to drink it. I, personally, don't drink soda but you don't see me telling her that it's not good for her. She can drink it if she wants. Take your mother hen selves and shove it. People do what they want, how they want it, on their own terms, and it's really nobody else's damn business when everyone should have full body autonomy and control of their own lives without know-it-alls' unsolicited advice on telling them what they should and should not do.

LMAO you are too funny and so on point :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    they are identical products.

it's marketing that has created coke zero...diet coke has a more feminine brand perception, whereas coke zero is aimed at men in general.

They are not. The taste is extremely different, and I think they use different sweeteners as well. Coke Zero is pretty close to a natural coke taste, while diet is very different.