Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• maylene1853
    Options
    so today was day 4 for me. cardio recovery how should i track this?
    ive been tracking the other days as general aerobics, but i feel this did not make me sweat like the other days so its definately lower burn???
    how are you guys tracking these workouts???
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    so today was day 4 for me. cardio recovery how should i track this?
    ive been tracking the other days as general aerobics, but i feel this did not make me sweat like the other days so its definately lower burn???
    how are you guys tracking these workouts???

I usually burn 550-600 calories on insanity using my hrm. I burned 150 doing cardiograph recovery using my hrm. About the same with carding abs.a
  • lily_bell
    lily_bell Posts: 8
    Options
    I really want to do the insanity workout but it is just so expensive :(
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! so glad i found you all!

Start Date: July 2 2012
    Projected End: September 2 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: no, just tracking on MFP and eating healthy as possible
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 147lbs
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 135lbs

Hope everyone is doing well! Im on day 9 today and so far i love to hate my mornings lol. I hate it when im burning so bad i can hardly move but i love how i feel after i complete another day. Keep it up ladies! Add me please if you are looking for support!
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started today! Yay! SO excited to do this finally. I mentioned before that I just finished P90X a couple weeks ago. I only lost 3 lbs. so I think my calories were too high. I was eating about 1800-1900 every day (which is what they recommended). Anyways, I think I'm going to shoot for 1500 with Insanity. Does that sound right to everyone? I really would love to lose 10-15 lbs. I know I won't lose it all w/ one round of Insanity, but would love to at least lose more than 3 lbs!
    [/quote

RJ74, seems we are in the same boat!! I lost 4lbs in my recent round of P90X. Not a whole lot of inches to speak of either. Altho I AM fitter and tighter..but I'd like to lose another 10/15 as well!
    I started on July 1st. No change. Im impatient.
    I too was at the 1800-1900 cals with P90X and felt it was too high. Im at 1878 w/Insanity..but usually try to get around 1600. My hr monitor says I burn 225-275 a dvd.....do you have a hr monitor and what do you burn? I see 500+ is to be expected...but my hr is UP the whole time....IDK what is up!

Michele

Hey Michele- I DON'T have a hr monitor. I do take my heart rate during the breaks "old school" (aka cheap-skate) method w/ my fingers but that's mostly because I want to make sure I'm not REALLY dying, just feeling like I am! :) I have no idea how many calories I'm burning. I am planning on getting a monitor sometime soon and will let you know what I find out. About P90X, I did it with my hubby and he lost 12 lbs. (he didn't really want to lose any weight, just build muscle) and went from a size 34 pants to a LOOSE 30. Men. Sheesh. Anyways, I lost about 11 inches overall, so that's good. Not great, but I figure it's a start! Also, I can now do "real" push-ups like nobody's business. It's the little things, right? Looking forward to Insanity and hoping the switch to 1500 calories will boost the results. Let me know how it's working for you!
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Day 2 today. Cardio Plyo Circuit = sweating puddle of goo on floor. Crazy! LOVE having to drag myself up the stairs to take a shower. Bring it!
  • coffeye
    coffeye Posts: 20
    Options
    I am In!

Start date: 9th July

Projected end: 8th Septmber(holidays inbetween may not get to the workouts everyday:wink: )

Following Nutrition guide: no, but am limiting calories to 1,600 a day.

Starting Weight: 193lb

Ending weight:183lb
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started Week 2 today. I still hate the power jumps!!

Week one results: -3.2 lbs and clothes are fitting looser, already!

Keep diggin' deep ladies!!!

We CAN do this!!!
  • RayLee916
    RayLee916 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just started insanity yesterday.

Start Date: July 9
    Height - 5'2
    Starting Weight - 145 lbs
    Goal Weight - 120 lbs

4971162.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • MsKeri23
    MsKeri23 Posts: 27
    Options
    ONE WEEK DOWN LETS GET IT LADIES
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am in! I actually started it on Saturday!

Start Date: 7/7
    Projected End: 9/9
    Following Nutrition Guide: Nope. But I am taking some recipes from it and adding them into my food plans.
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 244.4
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion):somewhere in the 220's. Preferably the lower end.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I really want to do the insanity workout but it is just so expensive :(

Ebay. That's where I got mine. :wink:
  • Maiducali
    Maiducali Posts: 35
    Options
    Did the Fit Test today. OMG it was tough. My heart was on fire and I keep coughing. I don't feel too confident about tomorrow's workout, but I'm gonna push through it. It's funny that I could do the first half pretty well, but the last half I didn't have the endurance so my numbers were low!
  • Britt_Anne89
    Britt_Anne89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did my second Fit Test yesterday...i kicked that tests @$$!!! Woo! Feeling good ladies!!:happy:
  • Larimar0989
    Options
    I'm in too!!!

Start Date: July 10
    End Date: Sept 10

Current Weight: 150
    Goal Weight: 130
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 2. I have to workout on a thick exercise mat and then my yoga mat to keep my downstairs neighbor from wanting to kill me. Any by the end I found myself slipping, any one know how to deal with this, other than wiping it down frequently?
  • Jhensley2011
    Jhensley2011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did the fit test yesterday (in addition to a spinning class at my local gym). Woke up SORE!!!! Did the day one workout this morning. More SORENESS! It's a "good" sore though. Means I'm doing something! Just have to keep telling myself "Don't try to keep up with Shaun T. Just do my best and keep moving. I'll get there eventually." Keep your eye on the prize ladies!!!!! Whatever you do don't give up!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Day 37: Max Interval Push-ups (Plyo) oh wow. Month 2 is no joke ladies! I see why all my MFpals called it max push-up! Shaun T is officially a nut!

I mentioned this to Wish21 (group creator) but me and some friends have an accountability/ support group on Facebook too. I joined one and it's helped me push a lot and go on days I was lacking! It's not just ladies, but if you're interested, let me know and I'll send you my Fb name!

Keep pushing play!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Finishing up Chalean Extreme this week and starting Insanity Monday!

Start Date: July 16
    End Date: September 23

Current weight: 140
    Goal Weight: 130
  • sonyab76
    sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in. My start date as well is July 16 th. I am soooo happy to have found this group. I will need it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!