Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

^ This...
    Put your head in your oven for about 3 minutes and tell me you give a crap if it's a dry heat of wet heat.

115 sucks
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    "So, you're from Missour-a?" No, I'm from Missouri"

There's an "i" on the end not an "a" or an "uh". Thanks George W. for getting it wrong every time.

UGH!!! YES!!! THIS...

And my personal favorite:

Them: "So, where are you from?"
    Me: "Kansas City"
    Them: "Oh! Kansas?? Where's Dorothy, Toto??"

OR

"So you live on a farm?"

Let's be clear... There are TWO Kansas City's. One is MISSOURI, where I'm from and of course, one in Kansas. Also, I've never been on a farm, I do not own cattle and have never seen a tornado
  • PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well being from Romania, you know the Transylvania thing :laugh: makes it awkward to talk to anyone interested in vampires :laugh:
    No we are not all followers of Dracula :noway: and we don't have vampires here. He was just a tough dude that wanted to be feared and he got it !
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I live in West Virginia. No I am not married to my *insert relative here*.
    No, we don't mate with livestock.

Yes, I'm from the US. Yes, I can pick out your country on a map.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio which is now referred to as 'the Nasty Nati' Ugh I hate that. When I was growing up Cincinnati used to be really nice, I don't know what happened.

Now I live near Cleveland, Ohio. Everyone thinks the city of Cleveland is a really rough place where you will get stabbed or shot for looking at someone wrong. Not true, there are many nice places in Cleveland and most people are law-abiding friendly citizens. To survive in Cleveland, just go by the motto 'Don't start none, won't be none' LOL.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    What?! New Mexico? We don't ship outside the United States, m'am...
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    Try being from Phoenix. Everybody says, "Oh, but the summers aren't too bad, right? It's a dry heat." Yes, a dry heat that makes you feel like you're being cooked in a freaking oven, thank you very much. :explode:

Stop comparing your stupid 90-degree/high-humidity summers to our 115 temperatures, okay? There is no comparison. Period. :grumble:

i moved from arizona to ohio. i'll take arizona weather ANY DAY. i handled 115 just fine. 'course, i lived in tucson and i could go to the mountains if i got too hot. 95 degrees/95% humidity is the most awful, miserable thing i've ever experienced.

grew up in Vancouver, Washington. the mall sold t-shirts that said "Vancouver (not BC), Washington (not DC)."
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    You live in Nashville = you must loooooove country music.

Nope. Nashville offers LOTS and lots of other music genres. It's not all cowboy hats and rhinestones.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I live in West Virginia. No I am not married to my *insert relative here*.
    No, we don't mate with livestock.

Yes, I'm from the US. Yes, I can pick out your country on a map.

Oooh, I totally forgot about all the US ones! No, I don't eat fast food at every meal. Yes, I say "y'all". No, I'm not a pompous biznatch who thinks she's better than everybody else, though I know a bunch of people who are
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    you're from England? Do you know the Queen/Kate/William/Harry/*insert royal family person*

You're from England? Do you live in London? Errr no. There is a whole country outside of London. One that doesn't smell and make your snot black.

You're from Wales? Is that in England? Um, no, it's a different country, but they're both in the UK.

England and the UK are not, I repeat, not, the same thing!

Yes, but you have to admit that the UK is an extremely unique situation that not everyone will understand. I just found out a couple of weeks ago that the UK is really several countries within a country. Hell, until I read that very informative article, I thought Ireland (rather than Northern Ireland) was a part of the UK! :bigsmile:

Trust me, it's confusing what you've got going up there. :flowerforyou:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What?! New Mexico? We don't ship outside the United States, m'am...

:laugh: :laugh: Okay, that was funny!!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "So, you're from Missour-a?" No, I'm from Missouri"

There's an "i" on the end not an "a" or an "uh". Thanks George W. for getting it wrong every time.

UGH!!! YES!!! THIS...

And my personal favorite:

Them: "So, where are you from?"
    Me: "Kansas City"
    Them: "Oh! Kansas?? Where's Dorothy, Toto??"

OR

"So you live on a farm?"

Let's be clear... There are TWO Kansas City's. One is MISSOURI, where I'm from and of course, one in Kansas. Also, I've never been on a farm, I do not own cattle and have never seen a tornado

My husbands family live in KC (Missouri) and when we went for Christmas, his boss kept talking about our trip to Kansas, even though we corrected him everytime! Grrr.

I am from L.A. and I am tired of people thinking it is one big beach with no other terrain. Within a short drive, there is also valley and beautiful mountains that *gasp* get SNOW. There is also desert within driving distance.
    No, I do not see celebrities on every corner, and no, it is not hot and sunny 365 day a year. We do have seasons, even though it does not snow, there are obvious differences is temperature and yes, the leaves do change color and drop from the trees.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You're from Texas? Do you only eat barbeque? Really??
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Try being from Phoenix. Everybody says, "Oh, but the summers aren't too bad, right? It's a dry heat." Yes, a dry heat that makes you feel like you're being cooked in a freaking oven, thank you very much. :explode:

Stop comparing your stupid 90-degree/high-humidity summers to our 115 temperatures, okay? There is no comparison. Period. :grumble:

they dont compare...115 in Phoenix is WAY better than 95 and humid.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    San Fran? :noway:

San Francisco. :happy:
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...

Hear this all the time!!!! Hot is hot! It being dry doesn make it any better!

I beg to differ on this. I moved to NV from S Georgia. In GA is would be 105 with 99% humidity. That is infinitely worse that 115 and 15% humidity. At least in the dry heat if you step into the shade it feels cooler...even if it is 115 outside. :tongue:

AGREED! Except I moved from Las Vegas to Dallas, not Georgia. And I am SO relieved we didn't pick Houston!

Living in Vegas and working on the strip I used to be floored by this question: "What hotel do you live in?" Unbelievable!
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am from Tennessee and yes, we do have brains, we do wear shoes, and no, I didn't marry my cousin.

lol! Ditto for Kentucky!
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    "I couldn't live in Seattle, I like seasons." Um, we have seasons. Spring and Fall. ;-)

Actually summer is pretty perfect right now... 80 degrees and no clouds in sight.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you're from England? Do you know the Queen/Kate/William/Harry/*insert royal family person*

You're from England? Do you live in London? Errr no. There is a whole country outside of London. One that doesn't smell and make your snot black.

You're from Wales? Is that in England? Um, no, it's a different country, but they're both in the UK.

England and the UK are not, I repeat, not, the same thing!

Yes, but you have to admit that the UK is an extremely unique situation that not everyone will understand. I just found out a couple of weeks ago that the UK is really several countries within a country. Hell, until I read that very informative article, I thought Northern Ireland was a part of the UK! :bigsmile:

Trust me, it's confusing what you've got going up there. :flowerforyou:

Redacted. Either I'm stupid, or I'm coming across as a d!ck.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Americans to me "Oh New Zealand is that in Europe?" or "Hmm is that part of Australia?" "Oh like Lord of the Rings"
    Grr

Whats it like to live in the shire? Do you know Bilbo?