Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "So, you're from Missour-a?" No, I'm from Missouri"

There's an "i" on the end not an "a" or an "uh". Thanks George W. for getting it wrong every time.

Was waiting to see if anyone else from Missouri commented to see if their complaint was the same as mine. It's close...I hate the Missour-a thing almost as much as I hate the Misery thing. "Oh you live in Misery huh? How's that?" No *kitten*...I live in Missouri! Which I happen to like, unless it's the middle of Winter because I hate the ice snow/ice we get (yes, I know it's mild compared to some other places, lol).
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I live in West Virginia.. and we probably don't do *anything* you think we do. I can't help it if you're ignorant, and I really don't care what you think.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So, your from Wisconsin, so you guys drink beer and eat cheese and brats all day long right? NO M'Fer!!

this severely disappoints me. :(
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    Im from Oklahoma....there are actually morons out there that think the INDIANS are still chasing us with bow and arrows, all our roads are dirt, and we all ride horses. :noway:
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    San Fran? :noway:

San Francisco. :happy:

That one drives me more batchit than "Frisco"

Same with "Cali", It's CALIFORNIA!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    you're from England? Do you know the Queen/Kate/William/Harry/*insert royal family person*

You're from England? Do you live in London? Errr no. There is a whole country outside of London. One that doesn't smell and make your snot black.

You're from Wales? Is that in England? Um, no, it's a different country, but they're both in the UK.

England and the UK are not, I repeat, not, the same thing!

Yes, but you have to admit that the UK is an extremely unique situation that not everyone will understand. I just found out a couple of weeks ago that the UK is really several countries within a country. Hell, until I read that very informative article, I thought Northern Ireland was a part of the UK! :bigsmile:

Trust me, it's confusing what you've got going up there. :flowerforyou:

Redacted. Either I'm stupid, or I'm coming across as a d!ck.

I edited my post -- Northern Ireland is a part of the UK. Ireland is not. See what I mean? It's confusing.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Try being from Phoenix. Everybody says, "Oh, but the summers aren't too bad, right? It's a dry heat." Yes, a dry heat that makes you feel like you're being cooked in a freaking oven, thank you very much. :explode:

Stop comparing your stupid 90-degree/high-humidity summers to our 115 temperatures, okay? There is no comparison. Period. :grumble:

they dont compare...115 in Phoenix is WAY better than 95 and humid.

No Doubt Id beg for 115 and no humidity ...you have no idea what its like to be 96 F and 98% humidity.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're from New Zealand?

1. Isn't that a made up place?
    2. Isn't that part of Australia?
    3. Do you guys wear grass skirts?
    4. Do you have television?
    5. Were you in Lord of the Rings?
    6. That's by Iceland, right?

All things I have actually been asked.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You live in Nashville = you must loooooove country music.

Nope. Nashville offers LOTS and lots of other music genres. It's not all cowboy hats and rhinestones.

I lived in Nashville for 4 years and it is absolutely wonderful. I beg my husband to move back there weekly! I love Nashville... We do call it Na$hvegas though.. ha ha ha
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Connecticut. Not rich, not a snob, and no, I don't know Martha Stewart. :P

Now I live in Portland, Oregon. It's "Or-ah-GIN", like "Begin". And as for our river, it's Will-AM-ette, dammit, not Will-OM-ette, dommit.
  • emily2tx
    emily2tx Posts: 77
    Options
    "So, you're from Missour-a?" No, I'm from Missouri"

There's an "i" on the end not an "a" or an "uh". Thanks George W. for getting it wrong every time.

UGH!!! YES!!! THIS...

And my personal favorite:

Them: "So, where are you from?"
    Me: "Kansas City"
    Them: "Oh! Kansas?? Where's Dorothy, Toto??"

OR

"So you live on a farm?"

Let's be clear... There are TWO Kansas City's. One is MISSOURI, where I'm from and of course, one in Kansas. Also, I've never been on a farm, I do not own cattle and have never seen a tornado

I live in Texas, but people ask me where I was born - Kansas. I get the "Dorothy-toto" thing too.
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Utah:

No, I'm not Mormon.
    No, I don't know any polygamists personally.
    No, I'm not republican.
    No, my family does not own handcart.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Try being from Phoenix. Everybody says, "Oh, but the summers aren't too bad, right? It's a dry heat." Yes, a dry heat that makes you feel like you're being cooked in a freaking oven, thank you very much. :explode:

Stop comparing your stupid 90-degree/high-humidity summers to our 115 temperatures, okay? There is no comparison. Period. :grumble:

No Doubt Id beg for 115 and no humidity ...you have no idea what its like to be 96 F and 98% humidity.

Sure I do. I lived in Michigan until I was 21.
  • traci2612
    traci2612 Posts: 40
    Options
    Being from Joplin Mo. All we hear now is "Were you affected by the tornado?" It's always a nice thought to ask but when you hear it every time you go out of town......some things you just want to forget!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's Wisconsin not Wesconsin. No we all don't wear cheddar foam hats.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you're from England? Do you know the Queen/Kate/William/Harry/*insert royal family person*

You're from England? Do you live in London? Errr no. There is a whole country outside of London. One that doesn't smell and make your snot black.

You're from Wales? Is that in England? Um, no, it's a different country, but they're both in the UK.

England and the UK are not, I repeat, not, the same thing!

Yes, but you have to admit that the UK is an extremely unique situation that not everyone will understand. I just found out a couple of weeks ago that the UK is really several countries within a country. Hell, until I read that very informative article, I thought Northern Ireland was a part of the UK! :bigsmile:

Trust me, it's confusing what you've got going up there. :flowerforyou:

Redacted. Either I'm stupid, or I'm coming across as a d!ck.

I edited my post -- Northern Ireland is a part of the UK. Ireland is not. See what I mean? It's confusing.

Ok, you seriously confused me. I was like...wait? Is she being sarcastic because it IS confusing? Or did I miss something! But I know how things come across online and didn't want to look like some a-hole trying to bait someone.

ETA: I find the whole commonwealth thing confusing. But I don't like to admit it haha.
  • mrskatekline
    mrskatekline Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You live in Orange County, CA? Are you friends with the OC housewives?!

Eww.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You're from Kentucky? Did you marry your cousin? Wow! You're wearing shoes!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Sure I do. I lived in Michigan until I was 21.

then you forgot
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    "What's considered a 'nice house' in Alabama? A double wide?"

Ooooh, that pissed me off >:O

Yeah, that's bullsh*t