I would have throat-punched him.
  • shivouel
    shivouel Posts: 14
    Options
    AHAHAHA!! xD
  • shivouel
    shivouel Posts: 14
    Options
    Nothing to do with what you just said... But your picture is awesome! Looking for group is such a good web comic! :D
  • jjosey01
    jjosey01 Posts: 2
    Options
    hmm...I was the skinniest and fittest I had ever been in my life eight years ago when my boyfriend suggested I should go to the gym and tone it up..that comment really hurt and shocked me...well I dumped him and know im a lot bigger but im healthy, happy with myself and my boyfreind loves me and would not dream of saying something like that...men can be insensitive jerks, but I think it's got a lot to do with their maturity level as to what comes out of their mouths..women can be the same too...
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    So...you want us to lie to you?

I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but seriously, sometimes we have to tell you that you need to start watching what you eat and hit the gym. Would you rather we start cheating on you (not that I would, just saying) or just plain dump you with the lame "oh its not you, its me" ?

Please, don't make my post a gender issue and I perfectly understand getting hurt over comments like these however, the significant others can be in a hard place and a rock with these situations

I agree! I'd rather be told while "it's happening" and be sad and able to do something about it vs after the fact and sad and MAD that he never said anything at all!
  • enduranc3
    enduranc3 Posts: 8
    Options
    If my boyfriend ever said that about MY body, I would send him to the doghouse.
    How rude !
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    hahahaha...lol to the OP.
    Instead of me dishing out the comment, it's actually my gf saying it to me.
    Being asian (known for not having alot of meat in the *kitten* area), she nags me in working it out all the time at the gym to tone and get some butt. lol...
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm sure my b/f has said something like that to me before... maybe.
    But as people said there are so many reasons why he said it meaning well.
    But as long as we can dish it back, as you did lol it's all fair.
  • JustLena75
    JustLena75 Posts: 114
    Options
    @ original post: that was a KICK *kitten* comeback!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I think that most guys do not realize that they should appreciate their wives and/or girlfriends...

They should know that it could be worst...

They could be alone...
  • Flass
    Flass Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think we have a duty to our partners to let them know if they're getting out of shape. I certainly want to look and feel my best for both my partner and myself so I'd appreciate being told the truth about how he feels about my body/fitness level.

But there are nice ways to say things...men and women should be aware that body image is a HUGELY sensitive topic so say what needs to be said but approach with extreme caution!
  • lauren_mead
    Options
    Every completely out of shape man wearing stained sweat pants and eating cheetos while he watches cops thinks he deserves kate upton. When my hub says something like this i just say "yeah, cuz you, you're an Adonis.' :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Could have been worse. Least he didn't say "There's more waves back here than Hawaii's North shore!":laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • katiewilliams7
    katiewilliams7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OMG LOL I love the "oh lets get ice cream" comment.