What is you accent?

Options

Replies

• britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I say YA'LL all the time, and I'm FIXIN to do something. Or everything is over YONDER :) Oh and when I ask if you have a coke....I am refering to ANY soda product. My cousins say POP, and I'm always like...What?!?
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    TEXAS :D That's the best in my opinion (:
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    People have said that I have a Boston accent, others say I have a German accent, others say I have an 'out of state' accent (I live in WA), and my best friend says that I don't have an accent, I just talk funny. :laugh:

But really, I think my 'accent' is due to my inability to pronounce my "R's". :grumble:
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm from Southern California so I was pretty convinced I must have some horrible valley/surfer accent or something, but every time I ask people from other parts of the country, I apparently have "no accent." If I ask foreigners, they say I sound "American." I think it's because Hollywood accent is the norm nowadays. So yeah, in the US I am effectively accentless.

Edit: But when I'm at home (with mom and grandparents) I notice I have a strong accent. They don't speak fluent English so I have to change my speaking patterns in order for us to all understand each other. I'm sure a lot of people put on accents like clothes sometimes, depending on who they're with. XD
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Can sarcastic jacka$$ery be a accent???
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I still have a strong British accent, even though I've been living in the US for 15 years now.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not the one with the accent. It's Y'ALL that have an accent!! :tongue:
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Idk..but I'm curious as to what accent was used in the title of this thread? (what is you accent?)

That is the accent of someone who can not type haha:laugh:
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    I don't think I have much of an accent. I'm from California and I'm pretty sure I don't have a surfer guy accent or anything like that. :P
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have been told I have a southern twang to certain words. I live in Ohio, work in KY, and have a ton of family in Georgia.
  • chunkyjeff
    chunkyjeff Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I speak with a broad Yorkshire accent !!!
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a Scottish accent and More specifically a Glasgow accent, if i get drunk it gets stronger.
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have Salma Hayek's accent ;) ... j/k :laugh: !!!
    Spanish Accent....
    I am from Mexico ... living in WisCOOOnsin....
  • cgrigz
    cgrigz Posts: 101
    Options
    Texan
  • chris82horseman
    Options
    My Accent is Bristolian - West Country UK. We all sound like Hobbits here. :happy:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Being from Florida/Georgia my accent was really southern, but then I lived in Fargo for a couple years and it got very Northern! Right now I don't think I have much of one at all, even though I still say ya'll and fixin' and ufda often! LOL
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Californian, the absence of accent lol.
  • Lalala_Liz
    Lalala_Liz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a Chicago accent and since I started going to school in Wisconsin I've also picked up some of that northern Wisconsin/Minnesota accent business lol.

Quite the combination.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have a friend from NY and I love listening to him talk. He always looks at me funny if I ask him to repeat a word he just said just 'cause I love the way he pronounces it. Yeah, I know...weird. Ha.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    In english, I don't really have an accent. In Spanish though, I have a very pronounced Argentine accent due to some time I spent there a few years ago.
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    I'm from Texisss..