Join US! FAB FOURS (4 week challenge group) NEW!

Options

Replies

• Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fab Fours:

What do you think about us taking turns posting a daily challenge?
    It could be diet, exercise, behavior related, etc. that we would all try to accomplish on the one day that it was posted.

Some ideas for daily challenges (we wouldn't do ALL of these on the same day) :tongue: :
    drink 8 glasses of water, or
    do 50 situps, or
    avoid desserts, or
    take a relaxing bath, or
    stretch for 15 minutes,
    you get the idea

What do you think?

I think this is a great idea. Maybe we should pick a couple days in advance what our challenge will be, that way there is no worries about time zones. Perhaps a week in advance the first 7 people pick thier challenges and its listed out on Tuesday? Maybe that will help?

Since it's Tuesday today we gotta figure something out!! :)
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I never got a chance to introduce myself so i thought today would be a good day to do that. My name is Shelly, Im 37 years old, im married. I have three silly daughters and one very special son. I am a stay at home mom for now, im not ready to send my little guy to daycare just yet, he has Down Syndrome and is having a hard time transitioning from breastmilk to solids. I weighed 142 when i got pregnant and was about 233 after i gave birth a little over a year ago. My son has had heart surgery and other health problems so my weight has been the least of my worries. But now I have to start taking care of myself again. Very excited about this challenge! Good luck to everyone!! :flowerforyou:
    CW - 204.0
    GW- 194.0

P.S. Krystal, I thank that is a great idea. I havent figured out the quote thing yet! lol!
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    SW: 158.2lbs
    GW: 152.0lbs
  • hhhdddggss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fab Fours:

What do you think about us taking turns posting a daily challenge?
    It could be diet, exercise, behavior related, etc. that we would all try to accomplish on the one day that it was posted.

Some ideas for daily challenges (we wouldn't do ALL of these on the same day) :tongue: :
    drink 8 glasses of water, or
    do 50 situps, or
    avoid desserts, or
    take a relaxing bath, or
    stretch for 15 minutes,
    you get the idea

What do you think?

I think this is a great idea. Maybe we should pick a couple days in advance what our challenge will be, that way there is no worries about time zones. Perhaps a week in advance the first 7 people pick thier challenges and its listed out on Tuesday? Maybe that will help?

Since it's Tuesday today we gotta figure something out!! :)

Great idea! Since Susan is on the West Coast and will log in later, why don't we just have today's challenge be facing our current weight and setting a good goal for the 4-week challenge? (I can tell you that I found that to be a challenge today, committing to a real number ....)

What do y'all think?

Cheryl
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jakstamp and Rhonda, WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Jakstamp - it's NEVER too late to join us. To get started, just post your current weight, and the goal weight that you'd like to be in four weeks. After that, tell us a little about yourself.:flowerforyou:
    Susan

(why is my post the one that always ends up on the next page?:ohwell: Kinda weird.)
  • Jitteryspork
    Options
    Hi everyone! I never got a chance to introduce myself so i thought today would be a good day to do that. My name is Shelly, Im 37 years old, im married. I have three silly daughters and one very special son. I am a stay at home mom for now, im not ready to send my little guy to daycare just yet, he has Down Syndrome and is having a hard time transitioning from breastmilk to solids. I weighed 142 when i got pregnant and was about 233 after i gave birth a little over a year ago. My son has had heart surgery and other health problems so my weight has been the least of my worries. But now I have to start taking care of myself again. Very excited about this challenge! Good luck to everyone!! :flowerforyou:
    CW - 204.0
    GW- 194.0

P.S. Krystal, I thank that is a great idea. I havent figured out the quote thing yet! lol!

:) Just click on quote under a persons post and it will bring a new window. Or for multiple quotes or just partial quotes just copy and paste and put [ quote ] before and [ / quote ] after when putting it in your "reply" box (minus the spaces) then type your response AFTER the last ]

That help?
  • slightingscale
    Options
    fabfour.jpg
    Good Morning Everyone!

SW 152.8
    GW 148.8

I'm going to try for one pound per week loss, considering the holiday food ahead. I'm trying to fit exercise into my life more regularly. Yesterday I took my gym clothes with me and I hit the elliptical for 30 minutes after Christmas shopping (the gym is near the mall). As I was leaving, the sweaty t-shirt felt a little strange under my wool coat!

Cheryl, Great idea about our challenge today as posting our weights and just facing the truth. That's my vote.
    :flowerforyou: Look at that, everyone here has already accomplished one challenge! :flowerforyou:

Anybody have a challenge for tomorrow?
    Susan
  • rspeelman123
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I would like to join as well if that's ok, I really need support and motivation right now. I have put on so much weight and it's like I keep gaining! :sad: I weighed 155 when I started my job three years ago and I'm now up to around 216. I just had my physical and my doctor really wants me to get back to a healthier weight. My name is Rachel and I'm still a newly wed, we got married last summer. We just bought a house and I just started going to graduate school part time, so it seems like a lot has been going on! Thanks again for listening and being there, hope everyone is having a good day today!

My current weight is 216.8
    My Goal weight for the four weeks is 208.8
  • britw02
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I joined this group about a week and a half ago and have been looking forward to this challenge ever since. I am looking forward to the holidays, but dreading the possible weight gain. During thanksgiving I drove back home to see my family and ate a little different than my normal, but not as much as I would have liked and gained 4 lbs!!!ugh.... I finally got that off though after working out in the gym constantly after I got back home. I hope everyone achieves their goals and look forward to seeing everyone's progress. Have a great day!

CW:167
    GW:163
  • slightingscale
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Rachel :flowerforyou: I'm glad you found us! You are a busy girl. Congratulations on all of the positive changes in your life (hubby, house, school). Maybe we can all help each other with one more change, the scale!
    Susan
  • rspeelman123
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Rachel :flowerforyou: I'm glad you found us! You are a busy girl. Congratulations on all of the positive changes in your life (hubby, house, school). Maybe we can all help each other with one more change, the scale!
    Susan

Thanks so much!! Yeah I'm glad I found you guys too, and I hope with all of us supporting each other that it will definitely help change the scale! :smile:
  • skrumm
    Options
    just copy and paste and put [ quote ] before and [ / quote ] after when putting it in your "reply" box (minus the spaces) then type your response AFTER the last
    Let me see if i got this.
  • skrumm
    Options
    Yay! Thanks Krystal, your a great teacher! lol!:happy:
  • Jitteryspork
    Options
    Yay! Thanks Krystal, your a great teacher! lol!:happy:

YAY!!!
  • jakstamp
    Options
    Ok Great Thanks Susan :)

Well my name is Jennifer, I am from the east coast of Canada and I am trying to lose some weight and actually keep it off. It's pretty hard to get motivated in the wintertime here because the days are so cold and dreary that all I want to do is go home and get cozy on my couch in the evenings - but I am determined to break that habit and stay active this winter!

I don't have a significant amount to lose (about 20 lb) but I am having a hard time losing anything, so hopefully this will be a great motivation! I joined the gym in early November and I was going to spin classes about 3 times a week plus I play ball hockey once a week. However, I have not done anything for the last week and a half as I was in a car accident and am having some back problems, but I am hoping to be able to start up again this weekend.

I currently weigh 156.5 and my ultimate goal is 135
    I am hoping to hit 150 by January 1st.
    Pretty aggressive I know but I am going to try :)

I am excited for this thread and the weekly posts!
    Jennifer
  • momieof2
    Options
    I weighed in today and lost 7 lbs. Yeah!!! :smile: My current weight is 307:explode: and my goal weight is for the next 4 weeks is 297. Are we going to be weighing in every week? Or monthly? Hope everyone has a good day!!! :smile: :smile:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I wanna join!!!! I need some motivation to get me going!!!

CW 190.0
    GW 180.0

I'm working out at least 5 days a week and I'm trying to stay around 1600 calories....sometimes I have issues with not eating enough when I'm actually watching what I eat....so I'm trying to keep it up to 1600....

Hi everyone!!
  • niky1215
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

CW: 162
    GW: 155
  • skrumm
    Options
    Wow! We are suppose to get 12 inches of snow today here in Nebraska! Looks like we are getting close to it! :sad:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Is it to late to join the group I need a little extra help I have been stuck at a plateau for months