Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• MostlyHealthyMomma
    MostlyHealthyMomma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My honey is 6'8", so I went with the more extreme height haha. It makes me feel little to be around him :) But I love him for much more than his height.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of women want a man who can "protect" them and stand over them. Its the same reason why men can be intimidated by women who are taller.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of shallow to judge a person by his height (my ex was 6'4" and a total *kitten*)... my hubby is 5'6" (I'm 5'7") and there ain't nothing wrong with that :) height doesn't define a person, great people come in all shapes and sizes! I get that men are wired to appreciate healthy "child bearing" women and women are wired to appreciate tall, athletic "protector" men... but folks ought to look past that and see what a person's really made of... we're not cave people anymore!
  • btanis
    btanis Posts: 3
    Options
    I really think it has to do with the whole, unpopular, need women have to feel protected. Height makes us feel that way often. However, there are lots of men who are not 6ft and handsome. Take Michael J Fox for example.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I prefer short guys. I'm relativly short myself, and I don't want to look like a child next to my sweetie. And, I don't like the smell of armpits.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You need to start hanging out with a better class of woman!

This.

I'm 5'5, and my lady is 5'3. We're a perfect fit.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    because tall guys have big hands and big feet :happy:

Word Babs!
  • lissymae11
    lissymae11 Posts: 71
    Options
    I think some of it is also just like, the way we were told it's supposed to be. Like, the guy is supposed to be older, stronger, the protector, the bread-winner... aaaaand, taller.

they're just those old stereotypes. They go both ways... about both men and women, i mean. (women are supposed to be caring, thinner, pretty, domestic, etc.)

I try not to buy into the stereotypes, whether about men or women.

I do think some of these stereotypes are starting to break down, which is good :)
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

I'm about 5'5"...my husband is 5'9". Height is not a deal breaker...
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm more attracted to tall guys, BUT my husband is only 5'9" and I am 100% attracted to him. It definitely wasn't a deal breaker.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    At 6ft 5 I must be extremely attractive. Ladies please queue in an orderly fashion.

Lol - yeah, do I need to start a post "why do 6'5" guys want 4' women?"

If only it were that easy!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Every person, male or female are attracted to certain physical attributes, some men like big boobs, some like small boobs, some like a little junk in the trunk, others like super skinny, some women like tall men, some women like chubby men, some like super skinny men. I don't think you can put EVERYONE in a box. I like tall guys, but if a guy whose shorter really made me laugh, and I had fun with them, I wouldn't not date him because of his height.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't think its all above the attractiveness of being tall~ however my husband is 6'2 ~ my ex was 5'7.

I actually feel much safer with my current husband - I feel that I'm taken care of for some reason- he can comfort me more- not sure its all about the height - but I do love my tall husband :)
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    do you know what IS attractive.. being confident and able to work with the lot you've been dealt.. do you know what IS NOT attractive... asking insecure questions....

You mean like, "does this make my butt look big?"

LOL
  • mandr97
    mandr97 Posts: 40
    Options
    I just like my guy to be taller than me so I don't feel like a giant. I'm 5'10", so I do like them a little tall.
  • sigma54
    sigma54 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is actually somewhat dependent on culture. A friend of mine kept telling me to go to Eastern Europe or Latin America and I'd get a girlfriend right away... Here, in North America, some of my female friends have been very clear that they would never go out with anyone that wasn't at least several inches taller. They didn't care if they were overweight or not. They just have to be taller.

Anectodally, in my limited experience with other cultures, I have found that there are definitely some cultures where the height thing is much less important.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    uh oh, i'm 5'7". SH*TTTT
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, short guys are an absolute deal breaker. I am only attracted to men probably around 5"10-6"3. I'm 5"5, so I'm not too short either. I just love having a guy tower over me. I guess I feel protected or something lol.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1. It's not.

The end.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

I asked this exact question on my wall today! I'm 6' barefoot. and i LOVE to rock a pair of heels. To me, it doesn't matter how short/tall a guy is. The hubs is 6' as well, so with the heels on, i'm easily 3-4" taller. I've dated guys as short as 5'4" before though. It's all about being secure. I'm secure with myself, and if he's secure with himself, the height doesn't matter. I realize not all women feel this way, but it's how i am! IDGAF!!!