I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I had binge eating disorder.

In High School I binged and purged when my parents moved us to Yuma, AZ. It was the only thing I felt I could control as a teenager. It was easy and I was at my thinnest weight ever @ 115lbs. But I know it was not healthy. I won't ever do it again but having had an eating disorder it does cross my mind occassionally...
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am fat because my job requires long hours at the computer. I don't exercise enough, and I have a cheese addiction. O.O
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    The bad influences around me, and I didn't exercise
  • vegangodess
    Options
    I was too depressed to get out of bed and ate alot of chips
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    because i am lazy thats on no one but me, but thats why i am here and i can honestly say i am on my way and i have began changing that, i'm getting better all the time
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    I made the simple mistake of thinking a 24-pack of Walkers and a litre of Cherryade was an acceptable after dinner snack.

It happens.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am fat because my job requires long hours at the computer. I don't exercise enough, and I have a cheese addiction. O.O

If you have a cheese addiction you would be perfect on LCHF diet.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    ...I got older and yet still ate like I was 25- Oh yeah and that surgery which left me on steriods for 2 years didn't freaking help.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I made the simple mistake of thinking a 24-pack of Walkers and a litre of Cherryade was an acceptable after dinner snack.

It happens.

Lol bliss.
  • ozark28
    ozark28 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am a emotional eater also...have had a lot of stress ...such good ideas to to something else when you get this way like biking etc...i sew alot but need to do exercise ...so swimming might be good for me....portion in stressful situations are my problem..or just craving the fats in chips and salt ...or choc...this program is helping c what i eat the portions but also giving me freedom to eat and not be so thinking about it all the time....i eat when bored, stressed, tired..happy etc...good luck everyone :)
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    emotional secretive eating and making excuses for why I couldn't exercise
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I got overweight because I was already thin and thought I could eat whatever I wanted. This worked until I got out of high school then I started eating way more. I was still active but eating tons of carbs and crappy food. I would go through an entire bag of m&m's and container of chips and just sit on my bed in my dorm. I was depressed and eating out of boredom, anxiety and emotions.
    I wanted to pass time and food seemed to make me feel better, or so I thought. 15lbs in 3 months and it's taking me almost 5 to get rid of 3/4 of it.

Totally wasn't worth it! Just glad I caught myself before it got too bad.

Oh yea, chips, beer, candy and PIZZA is what I lived off during those months! Totally regret it.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I was 'Skinny fat' due to college binge drinking and late night meals with no activity. But the keyword in the previous sentence 'WAS'. I'm well on my way to my goals!
  • Inspired30
    Inspired30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love food and never controlled how much I ate. And I love anything with SUGAR....like margaritas!
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    I am fat because........I can't resist carbs and sugar!!! I love bread and will eat almost anything with the ingredient sugar lol. alright folks not its your turn come on don't be shy :bigsmile:

Oh my dear sweet MFP pals. Don't beat yourselves up over this! The truth is probably most of you didn't study nutrition in school. Our parents probably didn't either. One of the most important lessons in life...what and how to eat properly (like being a parent) was based mainly on hand-me-down knowledge and figure-out-as-you-go methodology.

I wasn't alive back then (although some of you probably think I was) but when cave men roamed for food their energy expenditures were much higher than driving to work and sitting at a desk. Watching TV is our fault, but society and the way food has "devolved" into packaging, chemical ingredients that "accent" flavor or induce you to eat more food, well...we all know where that has lead us as a society.

TIME FOR THIS TO STOP: That is...time for us to take back control of what we eat and do it responsibly. If you want to be obese and make it a concious choice..so be it. At least be fit and obese and your health risks will be less than the skinny couch potato.

Actually understanding macro nutrient balance and when to use them is the key and you have to educate yourself.

Loving Bread and eating anything that contains sugar isn't the issue (sorry, I don't mean to pick on you). I know what you are alluding to but as an example fruit contains sugar and it's not necessarily bad for you. Neither are carbs/bread if eaten in the right amounts. They are, in fact, needed to maintain cell function, build muscle, and restore energy levels (glycogen) to resting levels.

Yes, eat too much of them, and you gain weight. Consume more fuel than you use and gain weight. Eating bread and sugar aren't the problem here (and I know you all know this). So just to be more technically correct, and stop the cycle of misinformation, bread and sugar can be your friends...but understand how to use them, how much to use them, and when to use them....and fat will be a thing of the past.

Now lets all go out and get some Pizza and Beer! LOL - sorry for the rant!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I Was with someone that got Jealous and controlling every time I tried to workout or diet.
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    I am fat because i relied on my fast burning metabolism when i was younger. Didn't do excersie but eat a lot. Got a job in the office and having the same mentality. Until i woke up and smelled the roses.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am fat because.... I focus too much on others and not enough time on myself. I also skipped meals (breakfast mostly).
  • anjc1977
    anjc1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I am depressed and food makes me feel better. :o(
  • cartmail
    cartmail Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was fat coz I love food. Now I can control myself better plus I now exercise so I can have the bad (but good stuff) without piling it back on