I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I thought starving myself was good. I never knew I needed to eat to lose weight.
    I am anemic...and hypoglycemic. I had no idea til about 4 years ago. Now I eat every 2 hours. I exercise every day....unless I'm deathly ill, or have something broken..lol
    I try to eat clean at least 96% of the time!
    I don't smoke, or drink....especially not soda or anything with caffeine!
    The weight is finally creeping down....inches are also coming off.
    I was never lazy to begin with, and very seldom ate junk.......some people starve themselves and lose weight. I starved myself and GAINED weight, and ended up with a horrible condition, that I plan to fix the right way!
  • escobedomaricela
    escobedomaricela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can go all day very limited, but then I totally binge at night =(
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Emotional eater. Love to eat "comfort food" when depressed which I was most of the time because I was fat and miserable and then I would eat more and get even fatter and more depressed and add to a growing list of medical problems.

Lots of pain issues and I used as an excuse to sit on my butt all the time if I wasn't working or lay in bed.. Finally decided it hurts anyway so why not move and try to get some weight off? Found out the moving actually takes away a lot of the pain most of the time. All the spinal degeneration, sciatica etc isn't going away but making the muscles supporting my neck and back stronger are helping.
  • Anya06
    Anya06 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am a foodie ...i love cooking and baking and more so love going out or hosting friends round ...which is fun but makes u put weight on...hopefully through exercise I am now on the right track ;)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I throughly enjoy food.....I love eating it, talking about it, reading about it and watching it being prepared!
    I hate the process of trying to lose it, because it has taken all the enjoyment out of eating! To worried now about how many calories are in everything to even enjoy what I am eating!

I totally agree with this. I think about food all.of.the.time now but I don't enjoy it anymore. :(
  • clshope2012
    Options
    I developed a disorder knows as poly cystic ovarian syndrome when I went off the pill, I gained 25 pounds in a couple of months. Now I have to stick to a low carb, low sugar, low fat diet to try and loose some of this weight! It sucks, if I were still on the pill I would be at an ideal weight, most women have the opposite problem.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    So, I read two pages of these and didn't see anybody with my answer...

I am fat because I yo-yo dieted. More specifically when I was young I thought I was fat (even at a normal weight) and starved myself. Eventually I ate again and usually the wrong foods leading to binging. Then laziness due to lack of nutrients and gained twice as much as I had lost. There the cycle continued until now at 28 years old where although food and I still battle I am on the right track. No longer the least bit lazy and choose the right foods MOST of the time :)
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    i used to be skinny coz i didnt eat enough for my nervous energy and running around after my ex.

then got rid of the ex..found a new man and got happy

I now cant move around enough for the amount I eat.

so I flipped a 180

must...resist....that mars bar/ donut / maple pecan danish... <<DROOOOOOOOL!!!>>>
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I thought I was "naturally" thin because I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. I was also crazy active, dancing, dancing, dancing, running, volleyball, oh and more dancing....this all stopped at age 25 when I got pregnant with my first child....gained nearly 80 pounds in 9 months...went from 124 to 203 (pre-delivery weigh in). Have been struggling with my weight since then. Never thought I would be close to 200 pounds, never imagined being classified as obese. even though this has happened to many of my older female relatives. I did not see it coming. Lost some weight and hung around 170-180 until I had my second child 2 years ago....actually gained a normal amount of weight with that pregnancy....30 pounds or so....and here I am. ....I can eat all the healthy meals but If I do not get seriously active---weight loss is minimal. I have to accept that to have the body I want...I have to live a highly active life style....
  • Kaydubbleu
    Kaydubbleu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat too many sweets
    I eat late at night
    I don't exercise.
    Nobody's fault but my own.
    But that is all in the past!
    Rebuilding my temple!
  • BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be kidnapped!!
    this is totally my problem
  • tanlee27
    tanlee27 Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE BEER:love:
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am fat because... I made myself desperately unhappy trying to 'fit in' with everyone at work and consoled myself with Haribo and cake.
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    Ate to much for a long time. Ate out of emotions and boredom!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    WAY TO MUCH CHOCOLATE...........WAY TO MUCH :)
  • allisonleigh11
    Options
    I am fat because....I would binge eat a lot when i was unhappy, nervous, stressed and I learned to stop and control the amount of food I ate when i'm stressed out.
  • Ms_TK
    Ms_TK Posts: 19
    Options
    Stuck on myself too much.
    Resistant to change
    Cant seem to rid myself of some foods.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me that a serving of macaroni and cheese might be less than 2 cups.
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Because I ate way too much unhealthy food too often and never ever do any exercise.
  • aimlyn882
    aimlyn882 Posts: 1
    Options
    I go to comfortable thinking that with my unhealthy eating habits and no exercise I would never balloon up. And then when I stopped working to be a stay at home it caught up fast.