I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I WAS fat because I drank too much soda. I was lazy. I didn't go out and ride my bike like all the thin neighborhood kids did. Reese Cups made everything better. I had an oral fixation and food was my "friend"....till it turned on me and made it impossible for my 12-yr old self to ride one end of Ocean City, NJ boardwalk to the other (a little over a mile) without having to take a break. And the ride was pure torture because I was so out of shape as a tween girl any exercise HURT! But being called "Big Bertha" by a group of guys, one of whom I liked, in 9th grade while the entire lunchroom laughed at me was MORE PAINFUL than any exercise I ever did, ever! So now I'm not fat and haven't been for MANY years.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    i am fat because I'm addicted to food. a smoker can never smoke again, gambler never needs to gamble again.... but a food addict, how can you not eat ?

I am fat because I've spent too much time saying i couldn't find the time to exercise

i am fat because my husbands thinks french fries are a veggie, biscuits with sausage gravy is a rounded meal, and begs for burger king.

I am fat because its easier to be fat than work to be thin.

Let your hubby eat the crap while you get healthy. It's not easier to be fat than to be thin. I've been both and being fit is the easier, softer way...I promise! Wait till you hit 40 and can still do ALL the things you did at 25 and maybe even better now! Then you will KNOW it's easier to be fit than to not be fit!!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    My habits changed drastically due to marriage,and a family trauma.
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    Because I love cookies. :)

I am working on it though.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    B E E R:drinker: :cry:
  • kleonard1104
    Options
    I got comfortable in my relationship and also because I love CARBS! :cry:
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    I eat when I'm sad. I'm sad alot. I eat when I'm happy, to celebrate. I eat when I'm in turmoil. I eat when I'm hungry and sometimes can't stop.
    Sometimes it takes being accountable to someone or to something to force you to change. How many times can you say... "Food is my enemy" while you're still eating?
    It's taking me a long, long time but I'm realising that food isn't my enemy, I am, but I'm trying to do better.
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    because i let myself become lazy, take my metabolism for granted...etc. you don't know what you got till it's gone!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I resent the premise......

The first thing to do is to like yourself and not put yourself down.

To me that statement is a put down.

I suggest you join MFP to change your lifestyle and get healthy and NOT because you feel FAT. For that feeling you need to seek counsel elsewhere!

ps. I guess I'm also taking issue with the CAPS in the statement

I understand your comment ..however I think it's a valuable step in the process to acknowledge how you got this way? If you never examine the behavior ,event or choices that led you to where you are now .How do you expect to change them ? After reading other people answers I really started to evaluate how exactly I got to this place ...I find it healing.
  • LoserKat2012
    Options
    Beacuse I did not take care of myself. I let others needs and my feeling sorry for myself get the best of me.
  • raccoon182
    raccoon182 Posts: 29
    Options
    I used to not care what I ate at all, and made fun of people who took living healthy seriously. That was a bad mistake..
  • nyerenee
    nyerenee Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE FOOD! My grandma LOVES feeding me because MAN for someon who is 4'11 I can EAT.. and boy can I drink. I learned a simple lesson tho... less and move more and stop eating at grandma's every day.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have severe anxiety and eat to relax
  • diamond1804
    Options
    I AM FAT BECAUSE.......I eat when I'm bored, eat when I'm sad, eat when I'm frustrated, eat when I just ate. And when I eat, I eat cakes and cookies, and ice cream, and anything that is sweet and creamy, succulent. I had to break up with Ben and Jerry. I also eat large portions. Can't get more truthful then that. I don't like to cook, so fast food was a staple.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    ... I didn't know what "enough is enough" or "I'm full" meant... (still working on those two..)
  • LandovaRunner
    Options
    - I got lazy
    - I stopped working out
    - I've been eating garbage

Time to make a change and get back in to top shape.
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm fat because I had a condition during my recent pregnancy that made me sick preventing me from working out..... and because chocolate is yummy.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I hardly ever ate, and always very unhealthy food.
  • mzkezh
    mzkezh Posts: 74
    Options
    .......I became a emotional late night eater after my divorce, stress also plays a part, lastly my sweet tooth (smh)
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am a addicted to food. I love all food. I have no self control. I suffer from major depression disorder and PTSD. I am a emotional eater. And frankly over the last 5 years I excepted that my eating habits was going to kill me and I was ok with that.