OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    http://www.skinnygossip.com/kate-upton-is-well-marbled/

This article right here has me so enraged. They go as far as to criticize her boobs. "floppy boobs" or something like that. Apparently because she has natural larger breasts instead of fake ones that's a strike against her too. Yes she's more of an average small not super anorexic like VS and other runways promote. Dang sure rather have something more realistic and less plastic to strive for.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

This article right here has me so enraged. They go as far as to criticize her boobs. "floppy boobs" or something like that. Apparently because she has natural larger breasts instead of fake ones that's a strike against her too. Yes she's more of an average small not super anorexic like VS and other runways promote. Dang sure rather have something more realistic and less plastic to strive for.

Personally I don't think VS models look any anorexic, not even close. They all have muscle tones, very nicely built body.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

Yes how DARE they label her as fat......oh wait you just lumped all VS models as anorexic arent you doing the same thing:huh:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    just one of many..
    Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Is the Worst Photoshop I’ve Ever Seen

Ok, maybe it’s not the worst Photoshop I’ve ever seen but it is probably the worst Photoshop I’ve ever seen on the cover of a national magazine. It’s definitely the worst Photoshop I’ve ever seen on the cover of SI. I thought the SI Swimsuit addition was supposed to be about natural beauty shot with natural light in exotic locations.
    Kate Upton’s face has either been completely replaced or they airbrushed the crap out of her chin and removed all realistic shadows.

kate-upton-photoshop.jpg

I also don't see the VS models as "super anorexic". They are where they are for a reason.
    vs-models3.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'd be shocked if her true weight/measurements etc were released and she was actually overweight or unhealthy. It's nice to have someone closer to average representing a different idea beauty. I find myself wondering if people are put off by her makeup or the sex appeal angle. I personally would probably find her more attractive and even more slender looking if she was showcased more naturally and with less effort into playing up sexuality.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Yes how DARE they label her as fat......oh wait you just lumped all VS models as anorexic arent you doing the same thing:huh:

:D
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    Miami plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Salzhauer says, “Kate Upton does appear to have breast implants as revealed by the very distinct and sharp transition from her full cleavage to her chest. Her breast augmentation fits her frame well and balances out her proportions.”

This is the first thing I noticed, the transition from full cleavage to chest, it's a dead give away to implants, so those are not fat rolls, the're silicon rolls.. lol

<
    the real thing...
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ummmm......did anyone else notice in the Victoria Secret picture above that the blonde model doesn't have a belly button???

I had to look it up!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1086567/Victorias-Secret-model-Karolina-Kurkova-riddle-missing-belly-button.html
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    She's gorgeous, there's no doubt about it. And interesting that she's managed to successfully model with a non-standard body. I'd say that this speaks more to the perfection of her face (and yes, ta-tas) than anything else.

That being said, she has the sort of body that would have inspired great artists of the renaissance period. Hers is the type that is always going to appeal to certain people. Hell, if I were a gal with Sapphic tendencies, she's just the sort that would make me do a double-take....or two. :)

Of course, I like Christina Hendricks too. Probably because I'm naturally narrow-hipped and thick-waisted and could only dream of having those kinds of curves. Oh how I wish.......
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I think all these arguments/debates were started because OP used the word "perfect". :) I think both sides agree she looks pretty but whether being perfect, that is where the difference starts.

This is it exactly. :) When I see the word 'perfect', I start to look for the parts that AREN'T perfect. It's just a natural response to a ridiculous claim.

Beautiful? Absolutely!
    Love her body? Sure!
    Perfect? Hardly.
  • OMGitsEve
    OMGitsEve Posts: 7
    Options
    she is NOT fat or overweight. She is curvy and she is sexy and she knows it! :)

screw the media and negative ppl.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't quite see how some of you are saying she isn't toned and is "chubby." She looks toned to me. No, she doesn't look like she spends 80% of her time at the gym and faints at the sight of a burger. Is that really such a bad thing?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

VS models, super anorexic??? :huh:

So are you trying to say that people with normal weight are "anorexics" while putting the overweight ones as "normal"?
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i'm surprised this has so many replies. i don't find her attractive.

I am not sure if "very few"...I actually think there might be a larger crowd than we see here who might think she's not that attractive...They either choose to be silent or say it in very indirect or subtle way as they don't want hurt others feelings? I personally think she's pretty but she's not my model for perfection. :)

^^THIS......I'm sorry but in IMHO, she has a pretty face and that's all I can say! Everyone has their own ideas of what beautiful is, and just because my idea of beautiful isn't "curvy", that doesn't exactly make me or anyone else who shares the same thoughts as myself "ignorant" and "narrow-minded" or even "negative".

Everyone has their own ideas of what beautiful is ---- whether it be fit, skinny, or curvy . NOONE is wrong. You can't give out to someone for having an opinion. I really don't get it!! I'm not a fan of curvy people but I'm not jumping down people's throats telling them they are wrong for thinking she's beautiful......omg these forums make me so mad :angry:
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I agree with HeatherLeah.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and personally, to me she's nothing special... rather too "page 3" for my liking. I prefer sportier looking women.

But... it doesn't matter after all what I, or anyone else for that matter, thinks.

I do agree though that the media should not be giving her a hard time and being discourteous to her.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

VS models, super anorexic??? :huh:

So are you trying to say that people with normal weight are "anorexics" while putting the overweight ones as "normal"?

Honestly, compared to what models looked like in VS when I first became aware of the catalogue (which was probably 20 years ago and featured models like Jill Goodacre, Fredrique Van Der Wal, Stephanie Seymour, Laetitia Casta), their current crop of models is really, really, really lean. Very tall, very thin, and on top of all that, very photoshopped. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're anorexic, because that's a disorder not a body size or shape, but it's certainly a look that unattainable for the vast majority of the population. If they're not technically UNDERweight, then they're at least at the very lowest end of normal.

When I looked at the catalog back then, I thought, "Wow, these women are gorgeous. I want to look like that!" When I look at the website now, I think, "Wow, these women don't look real. I could never look like that." I'd post photos, but can't find any that wouldn't violate the underwear clause in the TOS.
  • grimrpr
    grimrpr Posts: 14
    Options
    Honestly, compared to what models looked like in VS when I first became aware of the catalogue (which was probably 20 years ago and featured models like Jill Goodacre, Fredrique Van Der Wal, Stephanie Seymour, Laetitia Casta), their current crop of models is really, really, really lean. Very tall, very thin, and on top of all that, very photoshopped. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're anorexic, because that's a disorder not a body size or shape, but it's certainly a look that unattainable for the vast majority of the population. If they're not technically UNDERweight, then they're at least at the very lowest end of normal.

When I looked at the catalog back then, I thought, "Wow, these women are gorgeous. I want to look like that!" When I look at the website now, I think, "Wow, these women don't look real. I could never look like that." I'd post photos, but can't find any that wouldn't violate the underwear clause in the TOS.
    Don't put limitations on yourself! First and foremost, putting bone shapes aside, everyone can have those bodies. I said it, yeah.. everyone. (I meant ladies, not dudes..) If you are a woman you CAN look like that. NONE of those ladies wake up, drink a cup of coffee then sit at a desk working for 8 hours. NONE of those girls work to keep a house clean, and pay bills living paycheck to paycheck. Those girls have a JOB. What you see is their job. If you had 40+ hours a week to work out, prepare the best meals (or have them prepared), get the best skin care available and whatnot.. You would be there.

Women have been screwed over mentally, first the ideal was to make you WANT to look like that. Then when you fail at it because you lack the money/time/drive to do so, the knee-jerk response is 'that's unrealistic'. There are a LOT of transformations that people make from being 5' tall ladies weighing in at 200+ lbs, that after INTENSE SACRIFICE, and INTENSE TIME DEVOTION they end up BEING models, or at least they COULD be. This kind of thing is becoming more noticable in the media with the 'extreme makeovers' and other such shows.

These VS models don't look FIT they look THIN. Sure there are some muscles there, but not much. They just have a low bodyfat percentage based upon diet and exercise (probably mostly cardio). This website (MFP) should be about showing possibilities and inspiration not based upon finger-pointing and the ever-present cries of 'PHOTOSHOP!!'.

There is a reason those ladies in VS are seen as a 'ideal' bodytype for women. They are MODELS. By definition they are supposed to show you what YOU could be. Not show you a 'nya, nya I'm thin and you're not' attitude. From what I can tell these ladies seem to have a BLAST being young, thin, reasonably wealthy (if not insanely so), and famous. Have fun in what your life offers ladies! These models work hard at their job, and their job is to LOOK exactly like THAT.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options

Don't put limitations on yourself! First and foremost, putting bone shapes aside, everyone can have those bodies. I said it, yeah.. everyone. (I meant ladies, not dudes..) If you are a woman you CAN look like that. NONE of those ladies wake up, drink a cup of coffee then sit at a desk working for 8 hours. NONE of those girls work to keep a house clean, and pay bills living paycheck to paycheck. Those girls have a JOB. What you see is their job. If you had 40+ hours a week to work out, prepare the best meals (or have them prepared), get the best skin care available and whatnot.. You would be there.

Women have been screwed over mentally, first the ideal was to make you WANT to look like that. Then when you fail at it because you lack the money/time/drive to do so, the knee-jerk response is 'that's unrealistic'. There are a LOT of transformations that people make from being 5' tall ladies weighing in at 200+ lbs, that after INTENSE SACRIFICE, and INTENSE TIME DEVOTION they end up BEING models, or at least they COULD be. This kind of thing is becoming more noticable in the media with the 'extreme makeovers' and other such shows.

These VS models don't look FIT they look THIN. Sure there are some muscles there, but not much. They just have a low bodyfat percentage based upon diet and exercise (probably mostly cardio). This website (MFP) should be about showing possibilities and inspiration not based upon finger-pointing and the ever-present cries of 'PHOTOSHOP!!'.

There is a reason those ladies in VS are seen as a 'ideal' bodytype for women. They are MODELS. By definition they are supposed to show you what YOU could be. Not show you a 'nya, nya I'm thin and you're not' attitude. From what I can tell these ladies seem to have a BLAST being young, thin, reasonably wealthy (if not insanely so), and famous. Have fun in what your life offers ladies! These models work hard at their job, and their job is to LOOK exactly like THAT.

Actually, not everyone can look like that. . Otherwise anyone who wanted to be a model could put the work in and viola, here's a career. Genetics plays a very big role in what we look like - at any stage of leanness.

DO put limitations on your expectations. A VS model might be an inspiration but she shouldn't be a aspiration. She's a genetic gifted person - top 1% in the world in all likelihood. Manage your expectation for your life, body type, genetics and what sort of results are possible. We would have a lot less 'this isn't working!' posts if people, especially women, learned this tough lesson. I myself am constantly having to relearn it.
  • Luxxmundi
    Luxxmundi Posts: 52
    Options
    I agree. She is gorgeous, I'd love a body like hers. Maybe a bit more muscle definition, but hell if I looked like her i'd be damn happy!
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    omg. you are right. wow.