Expressions you hate..

Options

Replies

• mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Not expressions but I hate the words preggo, preggers, hubby, baby daddy/momma. Can't stand them!

Yes, totally agree!!!
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    free gift.
    its like ah, you know
  • sourberry
    sourberry Posts: 22
    Options
    Pardon my french.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    "Are ya workin' hard or hardly workin'"

&*^%$#!!!!!!!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    As a Norcal girl, I was waiting for someone to say "hella". Guilty.

Being from the bay area, I can't stand yolo, swag, yay area, etc.
    One of my favorite memes....

2d94iup.jpg
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    YOLO - it makes me punchy.
    Epic - No... its not.
    Literally - really??? unless being used in a literal sense it should never be used.
  • ptarango
    ptarango Posts: 10
    Options
    Also...words shortened for the sake of trendiness...like "Oh she's just jelly" (as in jealous) and girls adding in the word "so" unnecessarily like "are you SOOOO excited?!"

Hubby, Bestie, Nordies, Target pronounced as Tar-jay, etc etc...when I hear that, I'd really like to punch that person in the throat.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options

&*^%$#!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh that makes me want to murder people with a hack saw. So do all the other work related ones. "Same chit different day" "TGIF"
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I work with a lot of prissy sorority girls..."are you jelly!?" (jealous) "Whatev!" "I know right?" "This rando..." (random person)

KILL ME.

Non work related...when somebody refers to someones wife/fiance/girlfriend as their "old lady"
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I hate the tupical funeral sayings. "They're in a better place" "everything happens for a reason." "At least they won't suffer anymore."
    "I'm sorry for your loss." "My condolences"

The next time I lose a loved one I want someone to say the real stuff to me. "Well that sucks, you're life is going to be hell for a while and if you're lucky, you won't be in the ground soon yourself. But stop whining"

THIS JUST MADE MY NIGHT! Ahahaha.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    ” just sayin” it had it's time, now just let it go already. (this is the best thread I've read so far by the way. Having a good time laughing)
  • dougt333
    Options
    YOLO - it makes me punchy.
    Epic - No... its not.
    Literally - really??? unless being used in a literal sense it should never be used.

I used to be guilty of literally until my woman made feel retarded for it. She would always interupt me with "Wait, do you mean literally. Are you sure it's not metaphorically, symbolically, or spiritually? No, what about, accurately, historically, or figuratively?"

I've learned though, and now I use it on others.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options

&*^%$#!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh that makes me want to murder people with a hack saw. So do all the other work related ones. "Same chit different day" "TGIF"

All of the above make me want to poke people's eyes out with a screwdriver. And when people call Wednesday Hump day. Go away please.
  • dougt333
    Options

&*^%$#!!!!!!!!!

All of the above make me want to poke people's eyes out with a screwdriver. And when people call Wednesday Hump day. Go away please.

YES, we should work together. i would like my job more.
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of these!!

I especially hate "Not for nothing" and texting words that are spoken like "OMG" I get when ur texting, shorthand is nice but really? How hard is it to say it??? It's 3 freakin syllables either way!

Oh and any slang term my 14 yo stepson says drives me crazy! I always ask him to define the word and explain the origin. I at least got him to stop saying "I Caponed him" while playing video games and "Winner" as in Charlie Sheen ugh! Good grammar is a work in progress...
  • raiseyourgame
    Options
    When people say "we're like a married couple" when they obviously aren't married
  • ptarango
    ptarango Posts: 10
    Options
    I hate the tupical funeral sayings. "They're in a better place" "everything happens for a reason." "At least they won't suffer anymore."

The next time I lose a loved one I want someone to say the real stuff to me. "Well that sucks, you're life is going to be hell for a while and if you're lucky, you won't be in the ground soon yourself. But stop whining"

Or..."You and your family are in my prayers". Well, it's a little late for that, isn't it? Where were you a week ago?"
  • chubby_KG
    chubby_KG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really.....Seriously......
  • dougt333
    Options

Or..."You and your family are in my prayers". Well, it's a little late for that, isn't it? Where were you a week ago?"

That's awesome.
  • Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal.....really everyone is using it. I just want to ask them do you really know the meaning or can you spell it?