Honest answers only

Options
Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
Joshua
MyFitnessPal Forum Staff

Replies

• Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Good question. I am interested in seeing what people say. I am not "anti-gay"
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't foresee a long life for this thread.
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    Good question. I am interested in seeing what people say. I am not "anti-gay"

Yeah I'm not either. I took this statement off a friend's page from Facebook and everyone ended up quoting the bible anyway! *L* Either that or it was a bunch of "it's nasty" or "it's not natural"
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    People are anti-gay because a religious book written by people many centuries ago tells them it is an abomination, and people will find ANY reason to hate someone who is different than they are.

That same book also tells you not to judge others, and to treat them as you would have yourself be treated.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I think people are scared of what they don't understand.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I'd actually say that people use their religion to justify their homophobia. There are plenty of non-religious homophobes out there too.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    What exactly does anti gay mean. Is it like people who just don't agree with it personally or people who are politically against it. Like no equal rights and what not.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    What exactly does anti gay mean. Is it like people who just don't agree with it personally or people who are politically against it. Like no equal rights and what not.
    I don't know if OP had specifics in mind, but to me, if you think you have the option to agree or disagree with another person's sexuality, you qualify as anti-gay.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Honestly, how can you want an honest answer but forbid talk of the bible if someone believes in the bible?
  • dougt333
    Options
    Ok personally it's not welcome in my life. If others want to do it, then I couldn't give a single *kitten*. I believe in the bible but I don't go around coining up phrases like anti-muslim, anti-catholic, or other stuff just because people believe and act different than me.
  • dougt333
    Options
    I'm changing my name to DougT-thread killer
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im open minded, hae a brother who's gay and i think as long as your happy then be happy with who you love...

However I think it's the case of everyone has their own opinions on whats right or wrong, just because soneone is anti-gay doesn't make them a bad peson for thinking that way just means they are strong minded to what they believe in and have to respect there views. It could be for religion, If your not a religious person it be hard for you to understand but it's a strong belief and again it's the way they live and see life.
    I don't believe it's acceptable to 'beat' someone up or throw bad language just because of their sexual preference i believe everyone should be happy and if you really don't like seeing 2 males together 2 females short and small person then look away as everyone in life is unique in their own way.
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    Honestly, how can you want an honest answer but forbid talk of the bible if someone believes in the bible?

Because I would like to see other reasons as to why you or others are against it. Are you against it ONLY because the bible tells you it is wrong?
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    I don't know if OP had specifics in mind, but to me, if you think you have the option to agree or disagree with another person's sexuality, you qualify as anti-gay.

Yeah what she said. Being anti-gay to me is when you think you have a right to tell other people how to live or you quit talking to your child or family member because they are that way.
  • dougt333
    Options
    and we're back...somebody bring up genetics (we know that's where the thread will end up)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'd delete them.
  • dougt333
    Options
    you lost me delete who?
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    Im open minded, hae a brother who's gay and i think as long as your happy then be happy with who you love...

However I think it's the case of everyone has their own opinions on whats right or wrong, just because soneone is anti-gay doesn't make them a bad peson for thinking that way just means they are strong minded to what they believe in and have to respect there views. It could be for religion, If your not a religious person it be hard for you to understand but it's a strong belief and again it's the way they live and see life.
    I don't believe it's acceptable to 'beat' someone up or throw bad language just because of their sexual preference i believe everyone should be happy and if you really don't like seeing 2 males together 2 females short and small person then look away as everyone in life is unique in their own way.

I agree with you completely. I respect everyone opinion. If you are against people being gay or marrying outside of their religion then so be it..that question she posted though just intrigued me on what others might say.
  • ldytaz
    ldytaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Because it's just not natural and don't tell me you're born that way, you choose to be gay, period. I am anti LGBT everything
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options

Because I would like to see other reasons as to why you or others are against it. Are you against it ONLY because the bible tells you it is wrong?

For Christians, the Bible is our foundation, whether or not non-Christians agree with that. So yes, there are some people who are against it only because it's in the Bible.

But that being said, I don't think it is ever okay to be mean and hateful to people - not just with gay people, but with anything - politics, religion, you name it. There is no chance for open, honest discussion if people aren't willing to listen, regardless of your stance on the topic.
This discussion has been closed.