What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and a whole onion, tomato, and green pepper. Om nom nom.

smallgreens.jpg
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    8oz glass of skim milk
    1/2 cup of old fashioned oats with cinnamon
    1/4 cup almonds
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I was doing instant oatmeal at work for a quick breakfast, but switched to oats that are not sweet or don't have anything extra in them. Usually 1/2 cup of plain oats or 1 cup if I'm really hungry in the morning. I put in berries each time and sometimes have one slice of bread with almond butter on top. I normally do oats though. Breakfast is really important and gets me going each morning. If I'm in a rush, I keep Larabars on hand and throw one in my purse along with a fruit like an apple.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have 2 hard boiled eggs and 1/2 cup (dry) Quaker Old Fashioned oatmeal made with water and mixed with 60g of raspberries and 1/2 oz of walnuts. Makes me look forward to waking up!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Today's breakfast was:
    ~2 servings liquid egg whites & 1 egg scrambled with chopped up kale, mushrooms, onions and asparagus
    ~homemade chocolate pumpkin protein bar
    ~2 servings no salt added cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 serving cocoa powder and 1/2 serving of chocolate PB2
    (486 calories, 41 carbs, and 61 protein)
  • staceybrob88
    Options
    just a simple bowl of crunchy nut with semi skimmed milk and a banana. that will do me until dinner around 1ish
  • opalescentmirage
    Options
    I try to keep my breakfast at around 300 cals.
  • nanimoose
    nanimoose Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, not instant. with soy protein, soy milk and a dark red plum. coffee on the side :)
    260 cals, 22 g protein
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Today: 1 slice Toast w/ PB, a nectarine and a coconut water
    Usually: 6 oz plain greek yogurt, 1 Tbs Chia Seeds, 1 c. mixed berries, 1 Tbs Honey
    OR: 2 hard cooked eggs, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1 c. diced melon
    OR: 1 slice toast w/ smashed avocado, siracha and two scrambed eggs

I tend to eat this breakfast around 9:30 and eat a Mini clif bar (about 100 calories) for my 1st breakfast with water and supplements, then when my stomach can stomach it...I eat my real breakfast.
  • corrinemaus
    Options
    1 packet of oatmeal w/ a half banana or half an apple! Yummy!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    An everything bagel with lite cream cheese and a bottle of water! I know it wasn't enough, because I had to eat my morning snack a lot sooner that normal!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    today :

1 oikos caramel yogurt (110 cals)

egg muffin sandwich: (183 cals)

English muffin (100 cals)
    medium egg w/ small amount of chopped onions / tomatoes (cooked with pinch of salt and two drops of hot sauce) (60 cals)
    1/2 slice weight watchers cheese, (23 cals)

total : 293 cals
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs turkey sausage
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted. i would love to know everyones answers as well. i have been doing this for 5 days and am so lost. breskfast seems to be my biggest mystery.

i try to always eat one carb, (such as toast or cereal) one protein or dairy, (such as eggs or milk) and some fruit. you should always try to get breakfast because it gives you a metabolism boost. also, if you are used to only eating two meals a day, then go for breakfast and lunch, because most of the fat from those is burned by the time you go to bed, and most of the fat from dinner ends up as stored fat if it isn't burned before you go to sleep. just a tip!

Meal timing has no impact on metabolism, all other things being equal. Plus, on a deficit, meal/macro timing has no impact on fat loss.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with 0% blood orange chobani mixed with 1/4 cup fiber one cereal, a few chunks of apple, some sliced cherries, and sliced strawberries
  • sdcohen85
    sdcohen85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sarah lee honey wheat bagel, with benecol light spread? a green tea as well! Yum
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    plain oatmeal:smile:
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    today's breakfast was about 1/2 c of fresh papayas then a cold somen salad (somen noodles, cucumbers, fish cake and sliced egg with a little soy/viniagrette dressing).....YUMMY!!!
  • StubethyAlice
    Options
    1st breakfast was a fruit smoothie after my run. 2nd breakfast was bread and cheese a couple hours later.
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am glad you posted. i would love to know everyones answers as well. i have been doing this for 5 days and am so lost. breskfast seems to be my biggest mystery.

i try to always eat one carb, (such as toast or cereal) one protein or dairy, (such as eggs or milk) and some fruit. you should always try to get breakfast because it gives you a metabolism boost. also, if you are used to only eating two meals a day, then go for breakfast and lunch, because most of the fat from those is burned by the time you go to bed, and most of the fat from dinner ends up as stored fat if it isn't burned before you go to sleep. just a tip!

Meal timing has no impact on metabolism, all other things being equal. Plus, on a deficit, meal/macro timing has no impact on fat loss.
    I have a differing opinion and feel that meal timing does have an impact on metabolism. If you eat right before going to bed, you are not giving yourself time to digest and burn some of those calories off in waking hours. But more importantly, breakfast jump starts your metabolism in the morning.

After dinner or even a snack at night, you are not conuming anything for the rest of the night and while sleeping. That is give or take eight hours of not fueling up. So the timing of it - and eating breakfast in the morning helps to kick your metabolism back in gear each day.

Yeah one day here one day there is not going to make much difference but over time it is important and the timing does have an impact. The eating five to six meals small meals today spaced out every three to four hours definitely has an impact on metabolism.