Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• Yocreo1
    Yocreo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is so hard for me I don't have any help...But I will try.

Start Date: July 23, 2012
    Projected End: December 31, 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: nope
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 280
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion):230
  • athangap
    athangap Posts: 17
    Options
    HI,
    I completed INSANITY 2 weeks ago, doing some yoga and a little bit of Turbo now... Gonna start INSANITY again on AUG 1st 2012 - OCT 1st 2012.

Now, Have anyone tried this -- doing week 1 of month 1 and jumping to week 1 in month 2 and then following the same schedule respectively for the rest of the weeks !!

Please share your thoughts and experience ..
  • 123whit
    123whit Posts: 9
    Options

You have all of us here on mfp :) You just gotta want it for yourself!
  • kvanderh
    kvanderh Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I'm 28, 5'3" and 161lbs and I want to lose. Now, MFP says to eat 1200 cals per day but then should I eat back my exercise cals? Or should I just be eating more? I've lost 9lbs since I started but that was mostly in the first week and nothing since although I can see much more muscle definition. I'm just concerned I'm eating too little to lose weight.

Thanks in advance!

Hey! I'm following the calorie recommendations in the nutrition guide (although not the meals exactly). I would definitely think 1200 would be too few calories while doing insanity, at least for me! I'd be so hungry all the time! So if you want to follow MFP, eat back a portion of the exercise calories at least. But overall I recommend finding your BMR ie here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ then multiplying by an activity factor of 1.55 or 1.7 depending on how active you are during the day. Then subtract ~500 calories from that.

So for me.. my BMR is 1550 or so, 1550*1.55 = 2402 - 500 = 1902 calories a day.

Just another option! Good luck!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - (or day 6 as I skipped the fit test) complete! I noticed an improvement in stamina even though this only the 2nd time doing plyometric cardio circuit. Also my arms feel stronger. I'm pleased :) I think I might run tomorrow, do a class on friday rest on saturday then pick up day 7 on sunday but who knows? Insanity is pretty addictive! Lol
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Almost done with week 4 and I'm just giddy!
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So is someone going to start a group or is this thread it?
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    nope, this is it the thread.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

no I havent but it sounds really cool to try. I think as long as you are moving you will se results
  • TrenishaB01
    TrenishaB01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am excited about not only changing my body but changing my life. I started Insanity about a week and a half ago. Although the workouts are tough I feel awesome after completing one. I am somewhat following the nutrition guide, but for the most part using my fitness pal to make sure i stay between 1500-1600 calories a day. So far I've lost 3 lbs. I cant wait to post more results!!

26191049.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mittenkit
    mittenkit Posts: 5
    Options
    So I've got a question please for those of you who are already doing Insanity - how long in practice does it take you to do one of the dvds? It seems that a lot of folk starting out kind go at their own pace and stop for a wee break if necessary, and I fully expect to have to do this, too.....the dvds are all 45ish minutes, and I wanted to get opinions on how long it actually takes you to complete a workout?

I'm planning to try and do mine each morning before work, so need to try and plan my time accordingly and don't want to leave it short. Is an hour more realistic? Very thankful for any advice!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It just takes as long as the DVD is, when I take a break I don't stop the DVD just have a few seconds deep breathing (or sometimes kinda semi-collapsed!) and then dig deeper and power through!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just wondered what type of shoe everyone wears to do their insanity? I've been wearing Nike Air Max and have had a bit of foot pain. It's pay day this weekend so might treat myself to some new trainers. Any recommendations?
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    IM IN! I have a tattoo to let heal but I am in soooo in! Got my insanity yesterday, had to put it in and give it a go! But with the new tat, I can't sweat too much so I wont be starting until August 1st )get the tattoo MOnday, have another workout to finish up this weekend.

Start Date: August 1st
    Projected End: Oct 1st
    Following Nutrition Guide: Somewhat
    Starting weight(with Insanity): (not 100% as its two weeks away ) 168
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion):150
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    So I've got a question please for those of you who are already doing Insanity - how long in practice does it take you to do one of the dvds? It seems that a lot of folk starting out kind go at their own pace and stop for a wee break if necessary, and I fully expect to have to do this, too.....the dvds are all 45ish minutes, and I wanted to get opinions on how long it actually takes you to complete a workout?

I'm planning to try and do mine each morning before work, so need to try and plan my time accordingly and don't want to leave it short. Is an hour more realistic? Very thankful for any advice!

When I take extra breaks I also don't stop the workout. Just go at your own pace and jump back in when you can. I don't take more than a few seconds to catch my breathe then I am back.

I also get mine in first thing in the morning. I love morning workouts!:smile:

Week 1 Day 3 complete. Since I missed yesterday I think I am going to skip the cardio recovery this week.
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - (or day 6 as I skipped the fit test) complete! I noticed an improvement in stamina even though this only the 2nd time doing plyometric cardio circuit. Also my arms feel stronger. I'm pleased :) I think I might run tomorrow, do a class on friday rest on saturday then pick up day 7 on sunday but who knows? Insanity is pretty addictive! Lol

Insanity is going to help you with the runs, you'll see! Half marathon in Oct, will be a breeze.
  • loveachallenge
    Options

I do Insanity every am before work. For month 1 the DVDs are max 45minutes, however in month two some are up to 1 hour. I do the entire DVD from start to finish. I do not skip on the warmup or cool down. I dont pause the DVDs ever, I just go straight through so however long the DVD is, is as long as I will go.
  • loveachallenge
    Options
    Just wondered what type of shoe everyone wears to do their insanity? I've been wearing Nike Air Max and have had a bit of foot pain. It's pay day this weekend so might treat myself to some new trainers. Any recommendations?

ASICS...I don't wear any other shoes. They are expensive but they are so worth it. For running especially and for all the jumping and plyo moves, I love them.
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    So is someone going to start a group or is this thread it?
    I belong to an Insanity group....just go up top of your bar and click groups and do a search. : ) HTH!
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need some help from those of you that have been at this for a while. I'm only on week 1 and just completed day 4 -- Cardio Recovery and I didn't enjoy the workout and it is a let down from the others; if that makes any sense at all. I'll be going back to work in about 2 weeks (school teacher) and I'm thinking about flip-flopping the Wednesday and Thursday workouts and doing my own things on Wednesdays rather than Cardio Recovery. Wednesdays are long day for me -- I leave for work at 7AM and we go straight to church after school so we don't usually get home until about 8PM, but I can get up earlier enough on Wednesdays to do some treadmill work rather than the Cardio Recovery.

What are your thoughts on skipping the "recovery" day?

Thanks for your help.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!